Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

I have not seen Melrose this year. Most of the games I see are Henry County games. I talk to friends in Memphis who have seen them. I say Melrose should be favored for two reasons. The revenge motive will be strong and good defense will usually overcome good offense. The game should be a great one and I hope Henry County wins.

I agree the revenge factor scares me a little, as for their D, it is top notch, as for our O, well it is top notch as well. Are you picking Melrose to win, or still stradling?

Their offense has struggled against good teams, our defense struggled a little on Firday night but aside form that game they have been pretty good, word out of Memphis is that Melrose has a stagnent O.

It should be a great game, and I am picking Henry county to win this one by a score of (I know that I will get that old coach spill about be realistic) 30-14

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the revenge factor scares me a little, as for their D, it is top notch, as for our O, well it is top notch as well. Are you picking Melrose to win, or still stradling?

Their offense has struggled against good teams, our defense struggled a little on Firday night but aside form that game they have been pretty good, word out of Memphis is that Melrose has a stagnent O.

It should be a great game, and I am picking Henry county to win this one by a score of (I know that I will get that old coach spill about be realistic, got it from you last week, when I said we would beat Fairley by 3 tds) 30-14

I am not sure if Melrose offense is as good as Fairley's. This gives the Patriots the chance to shut them down if they play very tough. But you and Red Warrior are right about the revenge factor, they will be coming to prove something. But if we play our game, then I don't see them holding us below 21 points - just my opinion.

Great game last week boys! Don't listen to all that crap about our D being soft in the secondary. Our coaches did a great job!! What more could you ask for then a 3 touchdown victory /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can't wait till Friday! The Melrose D will be tough, but I still see the ride continuing /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

HC 21 Melrose 12

Hillsboro is next and then on to the Boro!!!

hillsboro. haha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> l.m.a.o. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> dont you mean the wood is the next stop if you get past melroes.but if you do, thats were the /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> ends. holla

hillsboro. haha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> l.m.a.o. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> dont you mean the wood is the next stop if you get past melroes.but if you do, thats were the /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> ends. holla

either way, I dont care, if henry county is playing next week then, Paris will be the stop, not the wood. Good luck

Most of you talk about a "revenge factor" and I understand what you are talking about, however, after talking to the boys on the field, their revenge factor is getting back to Hillsboro. The boys that played in that game have a very sour tast in their mouth. I would venture to say that Gaddis is reminding them regularly about that. Point is, if we want revenge on the 'Borros, then we have to beat all that get in our way to them.

I agree that Melrose's D is good...maybe the best that we have faced this year...maybe. I totally agree that Melrose has not ran up against the Buzz Saw O-line that we have. For me the bottomline is still who wants it more. Does HCHS want to send Melrose packing so we can have our revenge on Hillsboro?? If so, we have to play harder this week than last week...all parts both offensively and defensively.

Melrose is a quality team, but not the juggernaut they used to be. If HC plays well, they should win. The Melrose fans are not enamored with their Coach, is what I hear, and he may be behind the curve in a way. He is over 70 and was a great Coach at one time, having won Super Bowls with the Cowboys. He got Michael Irvin to give a pep talk before a game last year. However I think the Coaching edge goes to HC and if turnovers are equal, HC wins.

This game is not all about who wants it more. Both teams are going to play hard and will not give up. There is a lot of football scheming to be done by both teams. There are ways for each team to get an advantage over the other. Just depends on how much film has been watched and no one has watched more film on these two teams than I have.

This game is not all about who wants it more. Both teams are going to play hard and will not give up. There is a lot of football scheming to be done by both teams. There are ways for each team to get an advantage over the other. Just depends on how much film has been watched and no one has watched more film on these two teams than I have.

Zone, I am going to have to assume that you are a coach. Most likely from JNS, otherwise why would you watch so much film on these two. Nontheless, do you think that Henry County's defense will be able to shut down Melrose offense? Are they really as poor on that side of the ball as some suggest? I understand their defense is another story altogether, what are your thoughts here...

Good Morning Gang!! Can't speak a word...voice is gone after the game Friday nite. Even tried to apply extra voodoo juice to it this weekend and nothing. Oh well, here we are again getting ready for ANOTHER weekend of Patriot Football. Last week is over. All I have got to say is where are the nay sayers now. Boys it's time to get ready to take your game to another level this week. Nothing matters...not sore toes, legs, arms, backs...none of that counts. Everybody is beat up. It all boils down to who wants it most!!! Do you have it in you?

Since some of you have asked...we are going back to MacBeth for inspiration for this week's voodoo juice. Need som ideas as for what to throw in the pot. Went to Reelfoot this weekend and got some mud off of the bottom of the devil's foot itself out of the Devil's Racetrack. Water is from Big Ronaldson Ditch...nasty grey mess.

ROLL RED ROLL!!! ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Looks like you got a good batch of Voodoo juice cookin' up this week!

There was talk of a hog cookin' for this coming Saturday, but in stickin with tradition and listening to superstition, Coach wants to keep the Steakfest going. So, this Saturday will be steak and shrimp plus... Each week the steaks get 1/4 thicker and the young men deserve every ounce they get. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Looks like we will be cookin' a hog at the end of the season, when the boys can stay up with us. Oughta be fun! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope that Henry County has a large stadium, because we are bringing about 5000 fans from the Mound.

That ought to drive the sniffin' dogs crazy here or if you happen upon a road block.

Patriot Stadium is not as large as "The Mound", but we have plenty of standing room which most were standing at The Mound last year. We will be tailgaiting, but nothing like in the Mempho. No matter whether as large a stadium or cooking as much, the Red Pride Personified will be fired up and ready to welcome the fans from Melrose.

Should be a great game, as was last year. No doubt, the Patriot fans and Melrose fans are some of the best around. I look forward to the smack talk and am getting prepared for a verbal joust.

Have a safe trip to Henry County. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Most of you talk about a "revenge factor" and I understand what you are talking about, however, after talking to the boys on the field, their revenge factor is getting back to Hillsboro. The boys that played in that game have a very sour tast in their mouth. I would venture to say that Gaddis is reminding them regularly about that. Point is, if we want revenge on the 'Borros, then we have to beat all that get in our way to them.I agree that Melrose's D is good...maybe the best that we have faced this year...maybe. I totally agree that Melrose has not ran up against the Buzz Saw O-line that we have. For me the bottomline is still who wants it more. Does HCHS want to send Melrose packing so we can have our revenge on Hillsboro?? If so, we have to play harder this week than last week...all parts both offensively and defensively.

Your right about the revenge factor bein hillboro. But thats not it. If you talk to the boys last year they wanted to win state but you could tell they didnt feel confident, but if you ask them this year they say they are gonna win state and you can see it in there eyes that they believe its gonna happen. They want to beat melrose worse this year than last, then they want revenge on hillsboro, then they wanna end maryville's run. Coach Gaddis is doin a great job makin these boys believe.Where are all the melrose fans. Last year there were alot on here.

Come, thick night,

And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of heck,

That my keen knife see not the wound it makes,

Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark,

To cry, 'Hold, hold!'

Macbeth, 1. 5

The pot's a boiling. The Gator just threw in some cat fur, Old World cheese...hehehe, and now Michael is donating one of his knives. OH MY!! Here is the first smoke...MMMM...wish you could smell that smell. Wait a minute...the Gator has been overtaken by the smoke!! Gotta go...here we go again. You would think that I would learn...NNNOOO!!!