Hampton v/s Midway

dawgbacker

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Bulldogs!! Good Luck next week from a DB fan!

I am pulling for you guys keep up the great work representing region1! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hampton, South, Bearden could region 1 take 3 gold balls? I HOPE SO!!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I was VERY impressed with the Dogs tonight. They purty much dominated the game except for the kickoff return and the blown coverage on the halfback pass. In the 2nd half, they made adjustments and put different people on kickoffs and that shut down that crap. The pushed Midway all over the field, scored at will, and kinda just ran it down their throat. If they play this next Friday, they will have a shot at beating S. Pitt...

Hey Pujo...Sounds as if your dogs came to battle tonight...good Job and good luck next week from your friends in Oneida..

Thanks Champ, we really played well tonight. These boys come to work like men ,its a great group. I fully evpect you guys to be in this position next season. Get them boys to do their homework in the offseason. I'm not sure anyone can score on you. Great Coach. All you players need to pay attention. Chief Lambert will build something special. I like what I've seen. Football games are won in the offseason.

Thanks Champ, we really played well tonight. These boys come to work like men ,its a great group. I fully evpect you guys to be in this position next season. Get them boys to do their homework in the offseason. I'm not sure anyone can score on you. Great Coach. All you players need to pay attention. Chief Lambert will build something special. I like what I've seen. Football games are won in the offseason.

Hey thanks pujo..I am sure our boys will work hard..Your boys need to work hard this week and get ready for South Pitt..Just from reading on here on coacht, doesnt seem that hampton stands a chance..I think thats FUNNY

Congratulations Hampton. Heck of a football team and I wish you luck at South Pitt. Seems like you all have great chemistry and a lot of weapons.

I told people going in that the Bulldogs weren't fancy, just very good at what they do. Not many mistakes on offense, the fumble was about it. You had a holding call but still got a TD on that drive. Defensively, gave up some yards but not really a lot of big plays. Never really out of position except when Ray Ray surprised everyone with the TD pass to a receiver (Stansbury) with a broke wrist.

I do think your special teams needs some work. Poe scored on one kickoff return and seemed close to breaking a second one. A punt was blocked and a second would have been if Barry hadn't got back there so fast that the punter took off. Granted he got the first down, but I don't think a 4th-and-12 scramble by the punter is what the coaches want to see very often. Also, Midway successfully ran a fake punt and Hampton had a 15-yard penalty on a punt return that they didn't even return. I know you won by 28 tonight, but breakdowns in the special teams could be costly next week or two weeks from now.

As for Midway, I hate it that Stansbury broke his wrist and they had to do some tweaking 11 weeks into the season, but I thought Coach Moser and his staff still put together a good game plan. Kudos to Stansbury for playing through the injury and finding a way to help your team. Looked good on a couple of returns, caught a TD pass, and picked up 15 yards on a fake punt.

They had some chances tonight to keep things interesting. In the first half a couple of holding penalties put them in passing situations and Hampton made them pay with two picks and 14 points off turnovers. Midway also had a chance to score at the end of the first half, but the clock ran out on them at the 6 yard line.

Pressley did an admirable job with his hurt wrist. He threw two picks, the first was a poor pass/decision that I don't think he makes if he has more experience and the second was a duck that I'd say got away from him due to his hurt wrist. Pressley also appeared to have suffered a concussion tonight and missed a good portion of the fourth and maybe even some of the third quarter. Midway is in good hands at QB next season. Pressley's a good athlete and experience running the offense is all he needs. That will come by next Fall. He's also a great kid.

And what about Ray Ray or should we start calling him Tebow. We all knew he was a tough runner, but when Stansbury got hurt they gave him a Tebow like package and he showed tonight that he'll give teams something else to worry about next year because I guarantee Coach Moser adds to this. Ray finishes the year with 1,800 yards rushing and is awfully close to 4,000 career yards, he may have passed it tonight.

Tonight's loss should be a great motivator in the offseason and with guys like Ray Ray, Poe and Pressley already established and guys like Mark Childers and Matt Oliver waiting in the wings, Midway is primed for another solid playoff run next season.