Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank will come out strong and will be hard to stop ,i think Red Bank will lead 17-7 goin to half ,,, maryville has to good of a coaching staff for red bank i think they will come out in the second half and start making plays red bank will lead the 1st half but, maryville will catch them ,,maryville is to good of a second half team, i think

maryville 31

Red Bank 24

Maryville- 28

Red Bank- 21

either team that wins is basically going to state. In the next round, Sullivan South may keep it a respectable game, but Greeneville would get slaughtered. Then its on to Hillsboro maybe? in the Blue Cross Bowl

Greeneville beat South already this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> shows how much you know

The Lions are 12-0 again this season coming in on Friday after taking care of Halls. I was surprised Halls did not put up a better fight but I am not surprised that RB is Maryville??™s opponent this week.

This years Red Bank team has one of the most successful senior football classes in 4A. The Red Bank seniors are a part of a 41-8 four-year mark and have had perfect back-to-back 10-0 seasons. Maryville has 109 wins in the Rebels last 111 games and have defeated the Lions in the past two seasons ending their play-off runs. Last year in Red Bank when the Lions were favored by many to beat the Rebels at home Maryville took Red Bank apart. This year Maryville is not as powerful but execute as well as any GQ team does. RB??™s QB Jake Ledbetter is a senior and is a proven passer. He is not very big at 5-10, 180 lbs but is pretty quick on his feet and can be a running threat. Tracy Sims 6-0, 240-pound running back/linebacker is a four year starter and was an All-state selection in 2006. Last year GQ said after the playoff game Sims was "as good a linebacker as we'll ever see." He is a beast with the ball as well and with Benford not being in the line-up he will take on a more dynamic role. Senior McDuffie (6-2, 190) is also a big playmaker. The offensive line at Red Bank is huge and the most massive the Rebels will see except for William Blount??™s. For RB to lose RB Benford was huge and it will hurt RB??™s O attack.

I think Maryville is better at stopping the pass than the Run and this game will be one where the Rebel D line needs to get after the QB. IF Maryville can get to the QB Ledbetter and hurry him some and slow the run game, MHS should be able to keep the score low. In a low scoring game I think Maryville wins because of emotion, big game experience, special team??™s strength and being at home.

I hope the Maryville side of the field will be packed with 3000 of my closest friends. More later