Went to South Pittsburg last night...

Roba22

"WOW!!!" that is the first text message I sent to a buddy of mine.. The next one was "Speed, Speed, Speed" Both of which were sent in the 1st half mind you... Yeap I went up to South Pittsburg to go watch this team for myself after hearing about them all year. I live in Hixson, TN. now after moving down from Kingsport, TN. I have watched allot of High school football in the last 19 years, Both in Tenn and Virginia. I have been to several games in both the Chattanooga and North Ga. area this year but have not seen a team as good as South Pittsburg in a LONG time. No they are not very big and will not just pound on you till you can't get up.. No these guys just run around and by you so fast you can't even get a hand on them. Their first play of the game was an off tackle and the boy was not even touched for a 99 yard TD. Then a 68 yd pass to #21 who just flat out ran by three guys before the ball had left the QB's hand. it's not hard to complete 90% of your passes when you have guys running that open. Then came a couple flashy runs and passes where the boys just made the tacklers look lost and I was just sitting there with my mouth wide open. Even the QB had a run where he left tacklers grasping at air.... I went to watch a good football game and what I saw was an AWESOME football TEAM! I would also like to say "Thanks" to Geno for the warm hospitality... I just happened to sit right in front of him and he along with his friends filled me in on allot of what South Pittsburg football is all about. I'll come back up in two weeks but I have got to go watch my beloved GATE CITY BLUE DEVILS play in the 2nd. round of the Virginia playoffs next Saturday.... Save me a seat ok Geno...?? Good luck against Gordonsville and I hope it's South Pittsburg and Hampton... That could be a very interesting ball game...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked With Gary Rayburn and Rick Ricardo last night, AKA Gut Wrench Gary, Slick Rick, thought they were middle Tenn Guys, Whats the interest in East Tenn football.

Old Pirate says pujo, those 2 have become ghosts on coacht. Everyone (mostly) have not heard from them in a while.

Do you have a direct contact source? If yoy do have them to look up some SP posters when they return to SP.

"WOW!!!" that is the first text message I sent to a buddy of mine.. The next one was "Speed, Speed, Speed" Both of which were sent in the 1st half mind you... Yeap I went up to South Pittsburg to go watch this team for myself after hearing about them all year. I live in Hixson, TN. now after moving down from Kingsport, TN. I have watched allot of High school football in the last 19 years, Both in Tenn and Virginia. I have been to several games in both the Chattanooga and North Ga. area this year but have not seen a team as good as South Pittsburg in a LONG time. No they are not very big and will not just pound on you till you can't get up.. No these guys just run around and by you so fast you can't even get a hand on them. Their first play of the game was an off tackle and the boy was not even touched for a 99 yard TD. Then a 68 yd pass to #21 who just flat out ran by three guys before the ball had left the QB's hand. it's not hard to complete 90% of your passes when you have guys running that open. Then came a couple flashy runs and passes where the boys just made the tacklers look lost and I was just sitting there with my mouth wide open. Even the QB had a run where he left tacklers grasping at air.... I went to watch a good football game and what I saw was an AWESOME football TEAM! I would also like to say "Thanks" to Geno for the warm hospitality... I just happened to sit right in front of him and he along with his friends filled me in on allot of what South Pittsburg football is all about. I'll come back up in two weeks but I have got to go watch my beloved GATE CITY BLUE DEVILS play in the 2nd. round of the Virginia playoffs next Saturday.... Save me a seat ok Geno...?? Good luck against Gordonsville and I hope it's South Pittsburg and Hampton... That could be a very interesting ball game...

i'll be in the same spot on the left side of the press box under the LOUD speaker lol

They've probably given up on 1A Middle Tenn football. Everyone knows how overrated they are now after loosing the last 2 simis.

From talking with these fellers ,they have a ton of respect for football in that area,its the West side ,they don't pay much attention to.From talking with these 2 ,they have kept up with highschool football for a LONG time. Very knowledeable. They seem to know alot about Marion Co football ,also keep up with several of the region 4 teams. Pretty good ole boys. They just like to have a little fun. They are what you might call LIVING LEGENDS

We are hoping to have the permanent speakers installed by game time if they get here this week. That way we can really crank up the jams /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

geesh its to loud now lol try some new music Zone .. no head banging music lol.....