Alcoa QB Randall Cobb offered scholarship by UT

Red Rebels

40 times are great and everything, but they don't decide how good a player is. There was a linebacker for the jets who retired a few years ago named Bryan Cox. He wasn't Brian Urlacher but he was a solid pro linebacker for ten seasons and his forty time was 5 flat IN THE PROS! He went to western illinois and was drafted late. No Doubt is absolutely right. Let him put the pads on and play his game.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stinks about it is that Cobb was better than joey his freshman year but didn't get a chance because he was younger and Joey had proved himself somewhat. If he would have starte all four years like he should have then he would have been being recruited by any and every school that you can think of. I personally think that he is one of the top three or four players ever to come out of Alcoa. I think that he will be a really good player where ever he goes and I look foward to watching him on Saturdays.

I see randall or talk to him every day and I'm getting a vibe that the Vols have a slim chance as of now. They're telling him what he want's to hear and it seems to be impressing him, but he's still a wildcat for now. He told me that he's not gonna worry about it til after the season and he's tired of UT fans coming up to him and asking him questions. I know His mom was mad at him that UT even offered him. hahahaha, she can't stand UT but the decision will be up to him. He'll make the right decision in the end.

Again, Randall Cobb is a football player period.

He has a D-1 talent. In my opinion, he has all the intangibles (work ethic, intelligence, humbleness, team attitude, not to mention his great ability) that spell success at the next level. Wherever he plays, I wish him nothing but the best.

As far as Alcoa not playing anybody....I believe Alcoa defeated Division II power McCallie in back to back seasons (2005 and 2006) and Randall Cobb is 1-0 against B.J. Coleman as a starting QB.

Again, Randall Cobb is a football player period.

He has a D-1 talent. In my opinion, he has all the intangibles (work ethic, intelligence, humbleness, team attitude, not to mention his great ability) that spell success at the next level. Wherever he plays, I wish him nothing but the best.

As far as Alcoa not playing anybody....I believe Alcoa defeated Division II power McCallie in back to back seasons (2005 and 2006) and Randall Cobb is 1-0 against B.J. Coleman as a starting QB.

Great post I forgot about McCallie.

What stinks about it is that Cobb was better than joey his freshman year but didn't get a chance because he was younger and Joey had proved himself somewhat. If he would have starte all four years like he should have then he would have been being recruited by any and every school that you can think of. I personally think that he is one of the top three or four players ever to come out of Alcoa. I think that he will be a really good player where ever he goes and I look foward to watching him on Saturdays.

This statement is ridicuously outalndish sir Joei Fiegler is in the top 10 in every major passing category the TSSAA keeps. He was hands down the best QB in the state his senior year, and he is now starting at quaterback and punter for Georgia Military College the #4 ranked junior college in the nation. He leads the NJCAA in punting and is being courted by a couple of Big 12 schools but he will have to attend GMC one year. Cobb is a great player and deserves all of the recognition he has recieved but if you honestley belive what you have posted you are a complete simpleton.

This statement is ridicuously outalndish sir Joei Fiegler is in the top 10 in every major passing category the TSSAA keeps. He was hands down the best QB in the state his senior year, and he is now starting at quaterback and punter for Georgia Military College the #4 ranked junior college in the nation. He leads the NJCAA in punting and is being courted by a couple of Big 12 schools but he will have to attend GMC one year. Cobb is a great player and deserves all of the recognition he has recieved but if you honestley belive what you have posted you are a complete simpleton.

Fiegler was forced to play his freshman year and did a great job for 4 yrs., but I do believe if Cobb HAD to play his freshman year and had 4 solid years under his belt that it would be hard not to say he'd be in the top 10.

Joey was a pretty good high school quaterback but he is no where near the level of Cobb. There wasn't one big name school recruiting him seriously. He could throw the ball pretty good but had no running ability. He wasn't the best decision making qb either. Cobb has it all. He is the complete package. If Alcoa didn't have a class act coach like Rankin and still had coach Reid he would have re-written all the records for qbs in 2a and in the state. Just go to an Alcoa game and watch the difference between a good qb (Joey Feigler) and a great qb and leader (Randall Cobb).

I hope that this message can help you understand the facts. You may need to watch a little more football so that you can know what true D 1 talent is. Michael George was even better than Joey.

Joei was an incredibly talented high school quaterback who did get looked at by several quality programs such as UGA, Louisville, UNC, NC State, and South Carolina his problem was in the realm of academia not on the gridiron this struggle is largley due to but not entirely attributed to AHS's ridiculously strenuous academic procedures which have also caused lindsey sykes and shiverdecker to not get into major schools out of high school. I have seen Fiegler, Cobb, George, Joey Garland, and Ben Watkins play for the maroon and gray so don't tell me who I need to watch I've seen every quaterback that played for Alcoa since the mid 90's. Fiegler played in Reid's system which was much more complex than Rankins, under Reid on every pass play the QB had at least three options usually five to check through, Rankins pass plays are designed for the quaterback to look to one option sometimes there might be a second then to look for the back on a flare, and thirdly then run; for joei running was usually the sixth option. I don't want to here Randal makes better decisions the system is designed for him not to make decisions. Randal is an absolutely awesome player and I think he has the ability to be an all SEC receiver he is just not going to play quaterback for the wildcats, I would like to see him at qb but it would definatley be a surprise.

Joey was a pretty good high school quaterback but he is no where near the level of Cobb. There wasn't one big name school recruiting him seriously. He could throw the ball pretty good but had no running ability. He wasn't the best decision making qb either. Cobb has it all. He is the complete package. If Alcoa didn't have a class act coach like Rankin and still had coach Reid he would have re-written all the records for qbs in 2a and in the state. Just go to an Alcoa game and watch the difference between a good qb (Joey Feigler) and a great qb and leader (Randall Cobb).

I hope that this message can help you understand the facts. You may need to watch a little more football so that you can know what true D 1 talent is. Michael George was even better than Joey.

+1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Joei was an incredibly talented high school quaterback who did get looked at by several quality programs such as UGA, Louisville, UNC, NC State, and South Carolina his problem was in the realm of academia not on the gridiron this struggle is largley due to but not entirely attributed to AHS's ridiculously strenuous academic procedures which have also caused lindsey sykes and shiverdecker to not get into major schools out of high school. I have seen Fiegler, Cobb, George, Joey Garland, and Ben Watkins play for the maroon and gray so don't tell me who I need to watch I've seen every quaterback that played for Alcoa since the mid 90's. Fiegler played in Reid's system which was much more complex than Rankins, under Reid on every pass play the QB had at least three options usually five to check through, Rankins pass plays are designed for the quaterback to look to one option sometimes there might be a second then to look for the back on a flare, and thirdly then run; for joei running was usually the sixth option. I don't want to here Randal makes better decisions the system is designed for him not to make decisions. Randal is an absolutely awesome player and I think he has the ability to be an all SEC receiver he is just not going to play quaterback for the wildcats, I would like to see him at qb but it would definatley be a surprise.

I have no association with Alcoa but have seen numerous games over the past few years and must say that Randall Cobb is not only a better quarterback than Joei Fiegler but if both quarterbacks are the same age, Joei Fiegler is the starting clipboard holder. My grandmother, bad back and all, couldve quarterbacked Fiegler's teams to a state championship. Lets say, for example, Randall Cobb had the opportunity to throw to Brandon Warren and Kyrus Lanxter and have the privilege of handing the ball off to Dustin Lindsey and Chris Shiverdecker all in the same season. Does he not also have top 10 stats in every major passing category? Id say so. With all due respect to Troy Hodge and Sam Thompson, Cobb doesnt have nearly the arsenal of weapons that Fiegler had. If memory serves correctly, Fiegler threw 3 passes. Bubble screen, slant, fly. I am pretty sure Cobb could do that. In my opinion, Cobb is 1B on best pure athletes to come from Alcoa with Brandon Warren being 1A. Quarterbacking, nobody has done a better job than Randall Cobb. Taking your posts into consideration, smarterstpersonalive, I am forced to believe nothing less than you are, in fact, Joei Fiegler's mother. Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Fiegler.