Union City Coachless..//Fishel Out!

uctfan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the last rumors and some trueth....Coach Shanks is out of the running from what I was told or did hear today ( Tuesday ). Coach Bowling has pulled his name as well and was ask to stay in Dyersburg because their former coach is staying at his other school as well. Coach Barnes....well not hearing much. I was told that coach Hill's name is in the hat as well as a possible coach Ward from Camden.

This is all I know for now. I do no the people incharge of the hiring are maybe wanting to go a NEW direction with completely new faces....we will wait and see.

I also was told they want a new coach in place by the first of the year.

All of the obove info is just like everything else on this board....hear say.

We will see, time will tell, but I know lots of Union City fans that are ready for a new direction, coaching staff and different style of Football. We NEED fire under our kids butts and let them know it's ok to be mean on the field and act a little crazy.

Good luck to us all.....maybe Santa will deliver the new coach on Christmas Day.

Here is the last rumors and some trueth....Coach Shanks is out of the running from what I was told or did hear today ( Tuesday ). Coach Bowling has pulled his name as well and was ask to stay in Dyersburg because their former coach is staying at his other school as well.........

JAMES COUNCE WILL NOT EVER RETURN TO DYERSBURG....NOR WILL JAMES COUNCE JR....JAMES COUNCE JR is an only child...COUNCE SR's wife passed away....He always said...IF MY GRANDCHILDREN LEAVE...THEN I WILL LEAVE...COUNCE JR I WAS TOLD IS MAKING AROUND 75,000 a year to be strength and conditioning coach plus offensive line coach for MBA....PLUS they pay tuition on his TWO BOYS....Why would HE WANT TO COME BACK TO DYERSBURG?...No offense...But MBA was a step up...And He will probably move on from there eventually....Personally I THINK BOWLING lands in UC...Don't want to see it...But it wouldn't surprise me either...

Coach Hill is a great coach, but you'd be lucky if he stays for more than a couple of years. He left OC to go "home" to his alma mater, took a 2-8 team when he got there to 5-5, and then to the state championship game his second season, then flew the coop. He left OC in 2003, has had two more stops, and is looking again? His teams put up some points and are fun to watch, but if he does come to UC, you'll be right back in the same situation in two years. He seems to take struggling teams with no expectations (pressure), build them up, and leave when the expectations come along. UC doesn't need that; they need stability ( sound like any other athletic programs in the area? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ). Thats not a knock on Hill personally, as he is a good man. Kids like him and play hard for him. Barnes, Shanks, Bowling, or Ward would be better fits long-term. Just my opinion.

Coach Hill is a great coach, but you'd be lucky if he stays for more than a couple of years. He left OC to go "home" to his alma mater, took a 2-8 team when he got there to 5-5, and then to the state championship game his second season, then flew the coop. He left OC in 2003, has had two more stops, and is looking again? His teams put up some points and are fun to watch, but if he does come to UC, you'll be right back in the same situation in two years. He seems to take struggling teams with no expectations (pressure), build them up, and leave when the expectations come along. UC doesn't need that; they need stability ( sound like any other athletic programs in the area? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ). Thats not a knock on Hill personally, as he is a good man. Kids like him and play hard for him. Barnes, Shanks, Bowling, or Ward would be better fits long-term. Just my opinion.

Why would Ward leave Camden for Union City? That makes no sense. I am not saying he will be at Camden forever but I doubt he would go to Union City.

Why would Ward leave Camden for Union City? That makes no sense. I am not saying he will be at Camden forever but I doubt he would go to Union City.

I would say in response to that if Ward was given the opportunity to take the job at Union City why would he stay at Camden??....Have you seen the facilities at Union City??....Union City has alot of tradition and the right man will have all the tools he will need to take Union City where people here want them..In Murfreesboro playing for and winning Gold Balls....

I would say in response to that if Ward was given the opportunity to take the job at Union City why would he stay at Camden??....Have you seen the facilities at Union City??....Union City has alot of tradition and the right man will have all the tools he will need to take Union City where people here want them..In Murfreesboro playing for and winning Gold Balls....

You have everything but an athletic period. If you had that you could likely name your coach because you would have some very big names show interest.

You have everything but an athletic period. If you had that you could likely name your coach because you would have some very big names show interest.

Comment about the Practice periods in the schools. No, Union City has NEVER had one and won without it....recently in the last 17 years......4 Silver Footballs and 4 Gold Basket balls all since 1990.

This is what I was told ( Hear say but this from a good source ) several area schools are going to follow the Union City....No Practice Period deal in school. We will see.

Now, I was also told today ( Wednesday ) that Union city has a coach lined up and will be announced on Friday if not on Thursday. We will also see on that. I do know they want a coach in place by the first of the year and really by the time Christmas break starts.

From the sources I have and the talk today, Coach Bowling ONLY gave a verbal statement to Dyersburg about staying at Dyersburg but He might just be the next Coach at U C H S. The word is everyone wants a new and different direction.

I really DO NOT CARE who they get because I know the RIGHT decision will be made. It's just the not knowing what is going on deal right now.

I thought this athletic period was dealt with statewide with the new schedule the T.$.$.A.A. came up with last year....

I am afraid you misinterpreted the ruling regarding athletic periods. The ONLY changes for football was the addition of a three week dead period folowing the end of a teams season and no passing league in June.