Union City Coachless..//Fishel Out!

uctfan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy where I am at, enjoying the "free" babysitting!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Miss alot of my friends from that side of the river though! Keep tabs on them as much as I can and I just got word of what was stated above. I am curious as to who will be leading the Tornadoes next year when LC goes to tha UC. I will never say never on a move back west b/c you don't know how things will work out. In the 1990s never thought I would live anywhere but the Chatt area and we know how that worked out but Mrs. Barger and the boy will have alot to say about future moves!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Good luck to all my West TN buddies!!

Word is Union city will name its new coach on Friday sometime and all directions are pointing to Coach Bowling from Dyersburg. He is ready to take the Union City Program where it once was.

We will welcome him with open arms and I know this might not be a good thing for the OCCHS fans.

We will see and I will post or please someone else post as soon as the word is out.

Barnes and Shanks are both out of the running for sure.

Word is Union city will name its new coach on Friday sometime and all directions are pointing to Coach Bowling from Dyersburg. He is ready to take the Union City Program where it once was.

We will welcome him with open arms and I know this might not be a good thing for the OCCHS fans.

We will see and I will post or please someone else post as soon as the word is out.

Barnes and Shanks are both out of the running for sure.

What makes you think this would be a bad thing for OCCHS? Why would they care if Bowling goes to UC? Answer - they don't care!

Well the only coach with a consistent w-l record (in recent memory) for OC vs. UC is Bowling. The coach he used to beat just beat your new head coach. Apathy kills.

I don't recall bowling even making the playoffs at OC and then at Dyersburg he by far had the best talent and didn't win it this year. why should OC be weary.where's the merit

I don't recall bowling even making the playoffs at OC and then at Dyersburg he by far had the best talent and didn't win it this year. why should OC be weary.where's the merit

I was speaking to the cross-county rivalry side of it. Single A may be slightly easier to get farther in, and I stress the the slightly.

Bowling's Career

2003 8-4 1-1 in the playoffs

2004 2-8

2005 3-7

2006 6-4

2007 10-2 1-1 in the playoffs

Overall 29-25 2-2 in the playoffs

Bowling's Career

2004 2-8

2005 3-7

2006 6-4

Bowling did good with Hill's group he left behind, but didn't exactly burn up the region after that. 19-23 in 4 years at OC. He's a good man, but Coach Driggers is a good coach and in charge at OC now. Bowling going to UC has no bearing on the OC program. I personally hope Coach Bowling finds where he wants to be and the best of luck. But him going to UC is not bad news for the Rebels.

Bowling's Career

2004 2-8

2005 3-7

2006 6-4

[/quot

as you indicate- mediocre.. bowling was given a OC team that had finally been successful and they returned to the bottom with bowling and then he jumps over to a talent loaded Dyersburg team and took OC's best player as well, loaded with returning players and talent ,forcast to win it all -didn't even win league. OC regressed- Dyersburg regressed. Given two teams on a platter both teams declined. lets try another one, sooner or later it'll work out . as you say maybe a chance in IA.. it'd be great it all coaches got such optimism. where's the merit.