Andre Sterling

braves4life

I do agree with you about D1 schools' knowledge of legit prospects. In this day and time with the ability to bring prospects on campus for summer prospect camps, huge recruiting budgets, and the ability to see players online and via "highlight tapes", they just don't miss many.

That depends on how you define miss. Yeah they bring in 2-3 backs each recruiting class. For every success story there are 2 to 3 bust. I would consider that a miss.

I do agree that if SC offered then I would jump on it. But if the Ole Ball Coach offers, I'm sure that will peak others interest.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on how you define miss. Yeah they bring in 2-3 backs each recruiting class. For every success story there are 2 to 3 bust. I would consider that a miss.

Just because a player doesn't end up being a starter or significant contributor at the D1-A level doesn't mean he was a miss. You can only play one player at each position at a time. Even D1-A players have to compete and earn their jobs. Everybody at that level were stars in high school. Sometimes the other guy is just better than you are.

for those of you who dont think hes good enough to play big d1, well i think your wrong and i think a bunch of d1 schools think you are wrong, i dont think schools kentucky and south carolina would be interested in him and recruiting him if they didnt think he had the talent to play at that level.. i think he will do good wherever he goes whatever level it may be

for those of you who dont think hes good enough to play big d1, well i think your wrong and i think a bunch of d1 schools think you are wrong, i dont think schools kentucky and south carolina would be interested in him and recruiting him if they didnt think he had the talent to play at that level.. i think he will do good wherever he goes whatever level it may be

I'm not doubting Sterling's talent. I have been very impressed by him since the first time I saw him in his sophomore year. That said, there is a huge difference between being "recruited" by a program and actually offered a scholarship. For every player who is offered several are "recruited".

I haven't heard anything about "a bunch of D1 schools" or for that matter, Kentucky. The SC thing was a rumor last I heard. Like I said before, I have never seen him run 1 foot this season, hadn't heard his name, and I really do wish him well, I just stand by what I said, if he's that good, some school will welcome him with open arms. One thing all of us have to remember, there are, I believe, about 117 D1 colleges in the US. Out of that maybe 35 - 40 are what we would call top schools. If each school gets 2 RBs this year (which they won't due to needs, scholarships etc) thats about 70 to 80 RBs total (really closer to 40 or 50). I would say there are hundreds of very good RBs trying to get those few spots. I'm sure right now in California or Michigan or elsewhere people are saying they know of the next great RB that the D1 schools will be crazy to overlook. I always want to see a person from a school in this area, no matter which one, make it as far as they can, even the ones I rooted against in High School, I now pull for harder than others.

I haven't heard anything about "a bunch of D1 schools" or for that matter, Kentucky. The SC thing was a rumor last I heard. Like I said before, I have never seen him run 1 foot this season, hadn't heard his name, and I really do wish him well, I just stand by what I said, if he's that good, some school will welcome him with open arms. One thing all of us have to remember, there are, I believe, about 117 D1 colleges in the US. Out of that maybe 35 - 40 are what we would call top schools. If each school gets 2 RBs this year (which they won't due to needs, scholarships etc) thats about 70 to 80 RBs total (really closer to 40 or 50). I would say there are hundreds of very good RBs trying to get those few spots. I'm sure right now in California or Michigan or elsewhere people are saying they know of the next great RB that the D1 schools will be crazy to overlook. I always want to see a person from a school in this area, no matter which one, make it as far as they can, even the ones I rooted against in High School, I now pull for harder than others.

i believe he has taken a visit to kentucky

Just because a player doesn't end up being a starter or significant contributor at the D1-A level doesn't mean he was a miss. You can only play one player at each position at a time. Even D1-A players have to compete and earn their jobs. Everybody at that level were stars in high school. Sometimes the other guy is just better than you are.

totally agree. does the name carl stewart ring a bell? awesome high school back, full scholarship to Auburn. But he's played behind NFL RBs and never became the feature guy. But he does contribute and has for his entire career. Is he a bust? Definately not. Heck, he may get a shot with a Free agent contract in the NFL. Willie Parker anyone?

totally agree. does the name carl stewart ring a bell? awesome high school back, full scholarship to Auburn. But he's played behind NFL RBs and never became the feature guy. But he does contribute and has for his entire career. Is he a bust? Definately not. Heck, he may get a shot with a Free agent contract in the NFL. Willie Parker anyone?

The knock on Stewart coming out was his ability to play tail back in the SEC. He was a tremendous back in hs, but he just lacked that burst to make him an SEC tb. .... Fast forward to today, he (in my opinion) is a tremendous full back in the SEC and he (again in my opinion) should definately get a look in the NFL.

Now to Sterling.... I don't think he compares to Stewart. He is a true tb. He is like Stewart in the fact that he doesn't have that big-time gear that tail backs need, and he is not big enough to grow into a fast fullback. He is a tremendous high school football player, but there is nothing that entitles all good hs players a shot in the SEC. It is a privalege not a right. I hope he is able to go somewhere to further his career and play at the next level. Do not get discouraged by how high that level is. It is still an amazing opportunity to further your career.