Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

bearden lost the game, but it was not a fairly called game. not saying it was called in smyrnas favor, but anytime a game is poorly called(i was at the game, and the game was poorly called overall) it calls into question the integrity of the game and the results. in my playing days i felt horrible if there was ever a game called completely against me, but i also felt bad if there was a game called for my team.

bearden therefore is having trouble accepting the outcome, as anyone who has ever played football would. this does not mean smyrna doesnt deserve a shot at the state title or they had anything to do with the refs. dont be so hard on the people questioning the refs. just curious, who all has actually played footall

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that place was closed years ago ( nobody on here will have a clue what I am talking about /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you can only let this stuff go unchallenged for so long!

Some of us old geezers who worked Vice and Narcotics know exactly what you are talking about! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great place to hold a 'church' social........wait a minute I DID arrest a Preacher there once! Seems had a little tooooo much Holy Water. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Some of us old geezers who worked Vice and Narcotics know exactly what you are talking about! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great place to hold a 'church' social........wait a minute I DID arrest a Preacher there once! Seems had a little tooooo much Holy Water. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

there were some people there looking for heaven ( i gurantee you will be the only one besides me to have a clue who that is) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

by the way have you ever read as many pages of whinning by a team in you life?

there were some people there looking for heaven ( i gurantee you will be the only one besides me to have a clue who that is) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Actually yes, after Smyrna won the title last year.

I reviewed the so called "he was in-bounds" Bearden play from the game and guess what he caught the ball out of bounds the ref made the right call. I did my review frame by frame. We will have a primer up in the next 48 hours to get ready for Saturday. www.storkmontgomery.com

Stork, is there any way you can post that clip on your website and post the link on here? That way, maybe some of these whiners will tuck there tails and quit crying.

they will never stop! and the mods on here continue to let the smyrna bashing fest continue.

they will keep crying and whinning till all football games are changed to 3 minute contest.

now think about that if all games were 3 minutes long how every call would be magnified.

well that is effectively the position they put themselves in by basically not even showing up on offense till then.

SMYRNA 17

bearden 14

Actually 'Heaven' he/she/it worked at another club in the alley. The 'Preacher' said he was there doing some 'counseling'. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I HOPE you did know that she was once a HE! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As to the second part, Yes, but it involved Ooltewah vs WB last year, and Farragut vs WB this year. Maybe it has something to do with going east of Mount Eagle. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All I saw of this game was the highlights on the news, but in my opinion, if you have to attempt (and recover) 2 onside kicks in the last few minutes of a game in order to win, you were never in the game. That is desperation, folks.

And in the real world, refs will miss calls. Sorry, but no replay in High School.

Congrats Smyrna!! I hope y'all take home the gold ball again this year.

OH, and about the Classic Cat.....Umm....never heard of it...umm..yeah, that's it. Why do you ask? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

now, I haven't read the 20 something pages about the actual game itself, but I am sure some Bearden people are complaining about some missed calls. Maybe Farrgaut fans can say the samea about the Bearden/Farragut game? I wasn't at the game(Bearden/Farragut), but from listening on the radio there was apparently a HUGE hold on the 3 and long play where Halliday ran for a 1st, which basically gave Bearden the game.. Just sayin...

I listened to this game on the radio.. Bearden made a good come back. The announcer at UTs basketball game announced the score (when it was 17-0) and it was like 1/3 the people were like awww... 1/3 cheered and the other 1/3 had no reaction... I agree with whoever said if you need to kick onside kicks twice you were never really in the game, but also being down 17-0 you are never out of it. All it can take it one break and they are back in it to win. 17pts is not a huge deficit. Granted Bearden was down 17 with like 5 minutes left, but it is not an impossible come back. Sorry that Bearden had to lose, but somehow I am happy. You can say it would have made Farragut look better had Bearden won, but... I would rather Bearden lose.. They had a good run though.

Actually 'Heaven' he/she/it worked at another club in the alley. The 'Preacher' said he was there doing some 'counseling'. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I HOPE you did know that she was once a HE! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

As to the second part, Yes, but it involved Ooltewah vs WB last year, and Farragut vs WB this year. Maybe it has something to do with going east of Mount Eagle. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you have now ruined what was shaping up as an excellent week /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />