Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

You're exactly right. Jo Byrns, who has held opponents to like 14 points a game probably, and 140 rushing yards, gave up 24 offensive points, and like 340 rushing yards to MP. Marco had like 263 rushing, and around 50 passing. That is one of the best defenses in the state. But, Mckenzie does seem like the real deal, so we'll have our hands full. But I have faith in these Tigers, and I know they will give 110% of more this week in practice, and Friday night.

Hope they dont receive an absolute BUTT KICKIN' like i saw last year!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe we heard the same type comments from Mt. Pleasant fans last year and we know the result. Marco is all you guys have. If you take him off the field, you are probably not a playoff team or a 4 seed at best. You have no passing game. McKenzie will have the best coaching staff you have faced all year. They will stop Marco from beating them, question is does Mt. Pleasant having anyone that is going to step up? I don't think they do, just like last year.

I would venture to say this McKenzie teams is just as good or maybe even better than the JCS squad you faced last year. Mt. Pleasant hasn't faced a QB like Carr all year and I believe he will have a field day. McKenzie would be a playoff team in 2A this year. That is how good they are. McKenzie has seen athletes just as good if not better than Marco all year and they have no problem shutting them down except for Harper and Co. from Peabody. But see with Peabody it is Harper and Co. with Mt. Pleasant it is the Marco Daily show and that is it.

I do believe we heard the same type comments from Mt. Pleasant fans last year and we know the result. Marco is all you guys have. If you take him off the field, you are probably not a playoff team or a 4 seed at best. You have no passing game. McKenzie will have the best coaching staff you have faced all year. They will stop Marco from beating them, question is does Mt. Pleasant having anyone that is going to step up? I don't think they do, just like last year.

I would venture to say this McKenzie teams is just as good or maybe even better than the JCS squad you faced last year. Mt. Pleasant hasn't faced a QB like Carr all year and I believe he will have a field day. McKenzie would be a playoff team in 2A this year. That is how good they are. McKenzie has seen athletes just as good if not better than Marco all year and they have no problem shutting them down except for Harper and Co. from Peabody. But see with Peabody it is Harper and Co. with Mt. Pleasant it is the Marco Daily show and that is it.

GB you are intelligent football guy, but I disagree man. Didn't Clifton have a 60 yard run against your Jackets and Fairview had a good defense. MP has some players that I think the coaching staff doesn't utilize. They have a terrific linebacker in Corlew and the defense has improved. This is gonna be different than you think. This MP team is improved in several areas and gotten better during playoffs. I assure you Shann Spann is every bit as good as Carr.

wusMP63,

Why don't you stick a sock in it. I'm tired of you running down the coaches. Why don't you go root for a private school or something and leave coach Smith alone.

Or better yet go tell them in person !

Coach Smith is good, but none of us is perfect. All of us need to hear good criticism and yours is legitimate too. Daily is a special player and this might be the best way to use him. I just like throwing ideas around. *putting a sock in it* /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guarantee you that Mt. Pleasant isn't overlooking yall at all. It does however sound as if McKenzie is overlooking us. I kind of like that actually. We overlooked Moore County and look what happened to us in that game.

Also, it's 1A football people. The majority of teams have their go to player. I bet if you took Carr of the field McKenzie would be a different team to. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be good, but when you have a Mr. Football finalist in the backfield, of course he is going to be the difference maker.

I guarantee you that Mt. Pleasant isn't overlooking yall at all. It does however sound as if McKenzie is overlooking us. I kind of like that actually. We overlooked Moore County and look what happened to us in that game.

Also, it's 1A football people. The majority of teams have their go to player. I bet if you took Carr of the field McKenzie would be a different team to. I'm not saying that they wouldn't be good, but when you have a Mr. Football finalist in the backfield, of course he is going to be the difference maker.

McKenzie is the clear favorite, I just don't think it will be a blowout like JCS last year. I think the Tigers have a great shot at it, if they keep playing hard and limit penalties.

The whole success of Marco, is his line. There O-line was bigger than JB D-Line and t showed especially with 2nd possession of MtP and they took every bit of 12 minutes of the clock(that a whole quarter off ONE drive) on that drive, and it was all runs(maybe one pass) and the line did their job and slowly but surely pushed there way down the field. So hopefully McKenzie can man up on the line and good luck to both teams but I still got Butchies team!

Just looking at the playoff program it appears that the lines will match up pretty well, of course I don't know who starts and who gets the snaps for McKenzie.

Bob's BBQ & Hig's Restaurant on HWY 22

LePonta (sp) Steak House, Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 79 (Highland Drive) also McDonalds and Dairy Queen.

Better yet click on restaurants on your GPS when you get to McKenzie. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hope this is a hard hitting injury free ballgame. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Rebels

What's a GPS? I'm /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> . Can you eat it? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Remember we're rednecks, at least according to some people.

ok,ok..maybe i was wrong, mckenzie is better than i thought....NOT. they will fold at the semi game. they never make it past that game. mtp will be playing marco-polo with them. he will be popping up eveywhere and they won't be able to catch him. now the rebels will really choke. no joke. this time it is for real..bye bye rebels

Seems like itsafactjack has something against Mckinze. He ain't from MP. We don't know you good enough to dislike you.

Butchie, I met your buddies, reddevil mascot, moto, 44 and logger. All pretty good folks. Got a durn good football team up there also we just worked hard and pulled it out.