Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

What I'd like to know is what kind of region and teams has McKenzie faced this year? Point differences, up and down the season. How good is the other teams in this region? How stiff the competition is, that the rebels has faced? I heard a rumor (cause I wasn't there) that when mTp scrimmaged McKenzie earlier, that both teams had no problem scoring on each other then. Is this rumor true or false?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like to know is what kind of region and teams has McKenzie faced this year? Point differences, up and down the season. How good is the other teams in this region? How stiff the competition is, that the rebels has faced? I heard a rumor (cause I wasn't there) that when mTp scrimmaged McKenzie earlier, that both teams had no problem scoring on each other then. Is this rumor true or false?

McKenzie defeated Mount Pleasant 3-1 (I think thats the correct score) in a scrimmage at the high school last year. Marco had his one touchdown run and from there on McKenzie contained him.

A comparison to the best competition McKenzie has faced...Trenton. McKenzie was 3 points down with like 4 minutes on the clock. McKenzie throws an interception essentially ending a chance to win. Trenton defeated McKenzie 24-34, McKenzie could have won but Trenton made big stops on defense and McKenzie had several key dropped passes. Trenton is in the 2A State Semi-Finals.

McKenzie could have won but Trenton made big stops on defense and McKenzie had several key dropped passes. Trenton is in the 2A State Semi-Finals.

Anyone could win on any giving night. That night, it just didn't happen. Mt. Pleasant has a chance to win this game. They are in the semi's for the second straight year. If you think yall can stop Marco yall are gonna be shocked when that game starts.

Anyone could win on any giving night. That night, it just didn't happen. Mt. Pleasant has a chance to win this game. They are in the semi's for the second straight year. If you think yall can stop Marco yall are gonna be shocked when that game starts.

Seems like McKenzie stopped him just fine in the scrimmage last year. Marco may be good, but guess what, so is McKenzie's defense. Okay...you say Marco is better than last year, well, so is the McKenzie defense, I guess that means they both cancel out huh?

Marco is no Kendal Harper by any comparison and McKenzie did a decent job against him, not great, but did okay. McKenzie will stop Marco from running around and having a field day. He may break a few here and there, but McKenzie will contain him and take the W.

you don't have anything to worry about mp, cause mckenzie will choke at the semi game. they always do. you know what they say. history repeats itself. your going to see it firsthand friday night. and no butchie i'm not studdering, i'm just stating facts. that's what it do . itsafact that the rebels do not have and never have had the talent or the coaching needed to go to murfreesboro for the big game. they caint hang. period. bye bye sissys. i know its been a long year but its about to end and itsafactjack

I understand the coaching to a certain extent but here is someone throwing around that "talent" word again. It is way over-rated; there are many other more important variables factored in to winning a title. There have been many teams in the past who have had sub-par talent win the state championship. The whole talent thing is just something that people who really dont know alot of what they are talking about like to bring up b/c it is one of the more familiar words associated w/ sports.....

Seems like McKenzie stopped him just fine in the scrimmage last year. Marco may be good, but guess what, so is McKenzie's defense. Okay...you say Marco is better than last year, well, so is the McKenzie defense, I guess that means they both cancel out huh?

Marco is no Kendal Harper by any comparison and McKenzie did a decent job against him, not great, but did okay. McKenzie will stop Marco from running around and having a field day. He may break a few here and there, but McKenzie will contain him and take the W.

Scrimmages count for nothing. Cascade supposedly killed us in our scrimmage over the summer, and look....WE'RE STILL PLAYING. Every team that we have played for the past 3 years has said they could stop Marco, and the closest that any team got was JCS. He still had 100 yards. And yes, he is better this year, as is the ENTIRE TEAM. McKenzie may win this game, but keep over looking the Tigers, and you will be shocked.

Once again, scrimmages count for nothing. Kinda like the preseason in the NFL. No one has ever won a Super Bowl cause they won all of their Preseason games.

Scrimmages count for nothing. Cascade supposedly killed us in our scrimmage over the summer, and look....WE'RE STILL PLAYING. Every team that we have played for the past 3 years has said they could stop Marco, and the closest that any team got was JCS. He still had 100 yards. And yes, he is better this year, as is the ENTIRE TEAM. McKenzie may win this game, but keep over looking the Tigers, and you will be shocked.

Once again, scrimmages count for nothing. Kinda like the preseason in the NFL. No one has ever won a Super Bowl cause they won all of their Preseason games.

Of course, Marco only carried the ball 40+ times in that game, of course he's going to have some numbers.

Shocked? Nah. Not anymore. I lost my ability to be shocked a long time ago.

Scrimmages may count for nothing in the record books, but they do reveal weaknesses and strengths that must be tended to before regular season.

But, fortunately I'll be at home this week so I can watch my Rebels since Bethel lost last night so I'll look forward to this contest.

I cant wait for this one to get started.... So i dont have to hear these Mckenzie fans anymore...... Stop marco if you can.... But while your TRYING to stop marco.... You'll be seeing the back of Bubba Cliftons jersey goin down the sideline for 60 yards..... Keep thinking Mt. Pleasants a one man team and you'll be turning in your pads monday...

Of course, Marco only carried the ball 40+ times in that game, of course he's going to have some numbers.

Shocked? Nah. Not anymore. I lost my ability to be shocked a long time ago.

Scrimmages may count for nothing in the record books, but they do reveal weaknesses and strengths that must be tended to before regular season.

But, fortunately I'll be at home this week so I can watch my Rebels since Bethel lost last night so I'll look forward to this contest.

OK, so our weaknesses have been tended to. Our strengths have gotten stronger. And the way that yall are talking, yall have no weaknesses whatsoever.

I cant wait for this one to get started.... So i dont have to hear these Mckenzie fans anymore...... Stop marco if you can.... But while your TRYING to stop marco.... You'll be seeing the back of Bubba Cliftons jersey goin down the sideline for 60 yards..... Keep thinking Mt. Pleasants a one man team and you'll be turning in your pads monday...

I certainly know Mt. Pleasant isn't a one man team, it's an eleven man team. It's going to be a hard fought contest, it is indeed the semi finals and neither team got here by just pure stroke of luck. Two Mr. Football's in this contest, Carr and Dailey, and Friday we'll see whose team has the better Mr. Football. I believe that most likely the team to strike blood first, will win.

I hope to see a packed house.

Edit:

If you're really good on the passing game, then you might expose one of McKenzie's weaknesses. I believe TCA was probably the best passing team McKenzie has faced all year, but I may be wrong on that, it might actually have been Trenton.

McKenzie defeated Mount Pleasant 3-1 (I think thats the correct score) in a scrimmage at the high school last year. Marco had his one touchdown run and from there on McKenzie contained him.

A comparison to the best competition McKenzie has faced...Trenton. McKenzie was 3 points down with like 4 minutes on the clock. McKenzie throws an interception essentially ending a chance to win. Trenton defeated McKenzie 24-34, McKenzie could have won but Trenton made big stops on defense and McKenzie had several key dropped passes. Trenton is in the 2A State Semi-Finals.

So is that saying Trenton and Union City is the only good competition McKenzie has faced and the region and the rest of the competition is weak? What have we got to compare to on what the Rebels have faced through out the year?

Have they faced off against good teams like Jo Byrns, Cascade, Wayne County, Collinwood, etc.?

Or are the teams the Rebels faced more like Zion, CA, West Carroll, Gleason and Halls?

Any team can have all the stats and big defensive numbers they want to against small caliber competition.

I also noticed that the Rebels starting RB has 1079 yards rushing while mTp's leading rusher has almost 3 times that with 2447 yards and mTp's second rusher with 701 yards. The Rebels second rusher Johnson with 300 yards.

The stats without a doubt say the Rebels will pass more than run. I hope mTp prepares for that well and #1 David Brown gets turned loose after the QB and #88 and #74 stays in front of Carr towering high in his face making him scramble more than pass. Kind of hard to pass with two over 6 ft 3 inchers lineman in your face holding their hands up in the air.