Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

I don't know of any that have quit. I have been around since flag football through Middle School and now High School. More likely than not more joined because everyone likes to play for a winner. Man we had 75 kids on the team this year.

Well I'm sure the ratio is higher towards new members joining to "jump on the band wagon" so to speak ... Just figured there were atleast a couple who disagreed with the play calling and quit selfishly ... Parents that got upset ... Etc ...

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pass was just as ugly as the other two that were picked, it just fell in the right place at the exact right time for Corlew.

Dailey is the real deal ... as a running back ... He will NOT play college ball as a quarterback.

You obviously werent watching the game sober. Nobody in MP has claimed Marco to be a great pocket passing QB. Everybody knows what he is going to do in shotgun, however his pass in the second quarter to JuJu was not ugly or a duck pass. He threw for a TD and ran for several more TDs. He did what so many of your fans said he couldnt do against the ALMIGHTY Rebels. Most accepted it and congradulated him on it. You cant get over it for some reason.

On the contrary, I care. Gerry Bertier is a smart guy. He knows what he's talking about. MP clearly had more talent than McKenzie. They were bigger, and they had more atheletes. Tell me, when you have 6-5 230lb tight end with the athleticism and speed of Preston Gilbreath. How can you not get him the ball? Also, you've got McClenic w/4.6, 4.7 speed who can run and catch in the flat. You have good wideouts in Corlew, Houston, Stoops, heck Bubba Clifton could have caught passes out of backfield or screens, curls, hooks, slants. I didn't see one slant pass all night or even a wide reciever screen.

McKenzie was more discipline though and had a fine quaterback. They stayed at home on defense and tackled better. Only a superhuman effort by Daily kept them in the game. Coach Smith will never have another back like Daily, but he should found ways to help him. Don't get me wrong, the style he used was unique with the single wing and it evolved over the coarse of two years to what it was this past Friday. It was just a bone crushing offense. It was fun to watch. But b/c of MPs lack of balance, nobody is gonna get to see Marco Dailey play in the boro on the turf!, which would be more fun that watching Mckenzie (no disrespect, they are a very fine football team). It's sad. very sad.

Wow for a MP fan to side with a MP hater like Gerry Bertier is SAD very SAD. You probably couldnt wait to see MP lose so you could say "I told you so". FYI, Mt. Pleasant didnt lose because of the offense. Kevin38 was right on in that round 2 and 3 the MP defense came up with a big turnover to win the game. In round 4 it didnt happen unless you count holding Mckenzie on 4th down in thier territory. The bottomline MP defense didnt get it done. Thats not a rip on them as I know they played thier heart out. Mckenzie's defense didnt get it done either, but just a little better than MP's defense. There was so many differnt things during the game that if one or two things go a different way the outcome would have been different. Thats what made it such a great game. Great job Tigers! Good luck to McKenzie.

Well I'm sure the ratio is higher towards new members joining to "jump on the band wagon" so to speak ... Just figured there were atleast a couple who disagreed with the play calling and quit selfishly ... Parents that got upset ... Etc ...

None of us know of ANY who quit--some questioned Marco's move to QB--but success last year squelched most of that--We tend to believe in and trust our Coach--He brought this program this far and will continue to go further--WE BELIEVE in YOU COACH SMITH

MP fans you just have to ignore these bonehead comments. They are coming from people who know little about football. Anybody who knows anything about football knows there is 11 players on offense and 11 players on defense. Not one man. Green Bay lost Favre and we saw what happened. The QB from West Virginia went down tonight and we saw what happened. When teams lose there leaders at any level it most likely results in losses. Like I said, people who do not know football cant realize this and likes to take cheaps shots when they can.

As far as a Marco throwing a duck, when was the last time a duck was thrown 40 to 50 yards in the air. Marco made a great throw and JuJu made a great catch. Most Mckenzie fans have had class but I guess there are bonehead fans for all teams.

Saying all that, great run Tigers and thanks for another great memorable season and hats off to McKenzie. You guys are a great team with class and wish you luck in the state finals!

Perhaps it is you, sir who doesn't know much about the game. Mt. Pleasant has the talent level to win the State for the past two seasons, but because of the mis-use of personal, their star player runs out of gas the deeper they go into the playoffs. You cannot expect a player at ANY level to be responsible for 300+ yards a game week after week. It is physically impossible as the Mt. Pleasant coaching staff proved yet again. Mt Pleasant fans are always so quick to jump to Marco and the coaching staffs defense when it is not neccesary. No one has said anything negative against the kid. He has been playing the wrong position for three years now. He cannot throw the ball accurately enough to create a legitimate passing threat. ANYONE who knows football is aware of that. What this does is puts your team in a position where they MUST run the ball 95% of the time to be effective. When one kid is responsible for 95 % of those carries, logic dictates that his legs aren't going to hold up forever. The further you get in the playoffs, the better talent you run into. As many stated prior to the playoffs, MP can get to the semi-finals pretty much every year (with Marco) based on pure talent. Beyond that, you have to be multi-dimensional and you have to spread the ball around. It isn't theory, it is fact! Before you start attacking people who make obvious observations and insulting there football knowledge maybe you could provide us with some background on how many championships you've been responsible for coaching. I'd be interested in that!

Got to give congrats to Mckenzie!! Hope yall bring home the gold ball, coming from and MP fan!!

As for Marco Dailey! What can you say, the greatest player to ever suit it up at MP, one of the best ever in any classification!! It has been a pleasure to see this kid play for 4 years! He is a once and a lifetime player, that we may never see again at MP, yes there will be some good ones, but no Marco!! Marco, keep you head up, you gave it your all EVERY week!! Everyone knows about this kids ability, but to his best attribute is his DESIRE and HEART!! He ran the ball as if it was his last run every time!! I wish this kid nothing but the best in his years after school, and to take life the same way as you did running the rock at MP!!

You obviously werent watching the game sober. Nobody in MP has claimed Marco to be a great pocket passing QB. Everybody knows what he is going to do in shotgun, however his pass in the second quarter to JuJu was not ugly or a duck pass. He threw for a TD and ran for several more TDs. He did what so many of your fans said he couldnt do against the ALMIGHTY Rebels. Most accepted it and congradulated him on it. You cant get over it for some reason.

Read the other posts I've made and you'll see I did congratulate him ... Moron

Now you run on off now, ya hear?

How's the round ball treatin' ya now?

Dailey play basketball and hog the ball on the hardwood as well? I'd feel sorry for the other four on the court if so ...

mtp proves once again that it takes more than one gun to make it to the finals, even in this watered down version of 1A. minus the X factor, most likely it would have been all ABC schools in the semis

now mtp can go enjoy their primadonnas in the gym friday nite, right trev?

Hey Redneck, We Don't Want You Looking At Film When You Shoulda Paid And Came Watched. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Go Get Butchie Huh? I Aint Playing!! http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 So Nice Of Ya To Jump Ship On Me! Cheer For The Rebs All Season And Then Hang A Left Huh? Are You Coming To This Game? If So We Gotta Hook Up.

Well just remembered what happend last time I jumped ship. You whipped up on someone. I think it was Bruceton. So it may be a good sign for you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am still deciding if I want to come up there or not. If I do we will def. have to meet up. I may sit on the Rebs side. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Read the other posts I've made and you'll see I did congratulate him ... Moron

Now you run on off now, ya hear?

How's the round ball treatin' ya now?

Dailey play basketball and hog the ball on the hardwood as well? I'd feel sorry for the other four on the court if so ...

Marco ran the plays called by the coaches--don't think that is consideded ball hogging. Be upset with '87 without making disparaging remarks about a KID--

Perhaps it is you, sir who doesn't know much about the game. Mt. Pleasant has the talent level to win the State for the past two seasons, but because of the mis-use of personal, their star player runs out of gas the deeper they go into the playoffs. You cannot expect a player at ANY level to be responsible for 300+ yards a game week after week. It is physically impossible as the Mt. Pleasant coaching staff proved yet again. Mt Pleasant fans are always so quick to jump to Marco and the coaching staffs defense when it is not neccesary. No one has said anything negative against the kid. He has been playing the wrong position for three years now. He cannot throw the ball accurately enough to create a legitimate passing threat. ANYONE who knows football is aware of that. What this does is puts your team in a position where they MUST run the ball 95% of the time to be effective. When one kid is responsible for 95 % of those carries, logic dictates that his legs aren't going to hold up forever. The further you get in the playoffs, the better talent you run into. As many stated prior to the playoffs, MP can get to the semi-finals pretty much every year (with Marco) based on pure talent. Beyond that, you have to be multi-dimensional and you have to spread the ball around. It isn't theory, it is fact! Before you start attacking people who make obvious observations and insulting there football knowledge maybe you could provide us with some background on how many championships you've been responsible for coaching. I'd be interested in that!

Marco Daily is a great player. And as far as the catch goes, Bowden was in position to make the play but the MP receiver did a nice job of taking it away. There was a slight height difference about 6 inches. However, it was by no means a duck! I agree. You dont throw a "Duck" 40 yards in the air. But we at McKenzie did wonder why with the size of that line MP has why they don't line up in a straight I and pound the ball at you. I mean, you can find anyone to hand it off and with any type of little passing game (in like the 8 to 12 yard variety) you can run a nice offense with Marco and a FB lead blocking.

mtp proves once again that it takes more than one gun to make it to the finals, even in this watered down version of 1A. minus the X factor, most likely it would have been all ABC schools in the semis

Whats funny is MP averaged over 30+ points and close to 350 yards a game. Tell me what coach in Tennessee wouldnt take that in the playoffs? Anybody who knows anything about football knows that is by far enough offense to win any playoff game if you have a strong D. If MP's defense was just a touch better, this wouldnt be a topic. Everybody said the talent would get better deeper in the playoffs and it certainly did, yet nobody could stop MP's offense, the problem was not offense sheme, it was MP couldnt stop the other team.

As far as coaching experience, I have none. Being a die hard football fan of all levels for many years, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out than when a team averages 30+ points and 350 yards a game, it isnt the scheme!