Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

I've heard some of these SP Pirates are so fast, they can just simply "tear your head off." Any headless guys been seen in G-ville lately???? Sure is a lot of big talk coming from the quaint little town by the Bama border!!!!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....I don't remember any leaving the visitors locker room /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

There were a bunch of tired and sore kids on both side who left it all on the field. Robert was so worn out by the end of the game you could tell by his running that he was out of gas.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is on Zone. By the way zone, you got any SP hooded sweatshirts?

I want to talk football....personnel, stats,.....maybe someone from Hampton will come up with an answer. Where you at Pujo???

Not sure about the hooded sweatshirts. Check the QB club booth at the game. Whatever they have will be there.

Riled some of those country hicks havent we. By the way most of the boys I"ve coached in life pretty well have been succesful in life and on the field as if you check SP sports programs over the years we've been pretty decent. Zone dont give the guys New England Patriots respect as it seems like you have. Yea I give them some respect like our other competition and look forward to a good game but you have seen have we've pushed bigger lines around and not just Copper Basin. By the way I know you cant be to overconfident but you have got to have confidence your team is the best, or dont show up!

I understood what he was trying to say that a bigger line doesn't always equal a better line but Copper Basin was probably a poor choice to use for a comparison /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Like I posted earlier I saw Hampton last year in the Semis and I have seen some film from this year and Hampton isn't slow. They are not as fast as SP but they are pretty quick in their own right. The SP fans might be surprised but the coaches and players won't be surprised...they know what they are up against. I think all the SP fans and Hampton fans need to realize that these 2 teams are the best teams either has faced all year...both are one of the best 4 teams in 1A. Being 13-0 and in the Semis is no small accomplishment

I think Tyner would have destroyed Hampton. Trousdale and Gordonsville would have beat them. SP will run all over them and the final score will be

SP41

Hampton 13

I'll be here after the game to eat crow if I am wrong.

Riled some of those country hicks havent we. By the way most of the boys I"ve coached in life pretty well have been succesful in life and on the field as if you check SP sports programs over the years we've been pretty decent. Zone dont give the guys New England Patriots respect as it seems like you have. Yea I give them some respect like our other competition and look forward to a good game but you have seen have we've pushed bigger lines around and not just Copper Basin. By the way I know you cant be to overconfident but you have got to have confidence your team is the best, or dont show up!

A question??? Did you see Hampton play FC last year? Have you seen them play this year?

There is no question SP is a very good football team but when you are playing another 13-0 team it is best to respect their abilities. When we were 10-0 and facing TC in the first round we got very little respect....kind of like Hampton did at 10-0....weak region, haven't played anybody, etc. It's not very wise to think Hampton will be a pushover. BTW...we haven't faced a line anywere close to Hampton's size...whole different ballgame.

I think Tyner would have destroyed Hampton. Trousdale and Gordonsville would have beat them. SP will run all over them and the final score will be

SP41

Hampton 13

I'll be here after the game to eat crow if I am wrong.

You may think alot of things, but Tyner struggled with Sequatchie and Midway had them down 42 to 3 at half time. I wouldn't get too carried away. Actually none of the teams down in that area beat Sequatchie like Midway did. And before anyone starts hollering you can't compare things, I'm not the one who brought it up. I'm sure Hampton will have both hands full Friday night, but they will play wuth heart and pride and just might pull it out. They are alot better than some people wants to give them credit for. If I was South Pitt, I'd go ahead and start my varsity. Hampton might be a little much for the JV,S.

Any of you Hampton folks have the answer to this???

they lost 2 linemen and replaced them with 2 that are better. they also lost Lyons at reciever, Townswend at RB, and DJ Oliver and LB. i thought they would miss Lyons a whole lot, but they appear to be much better overall at the WR position. they have alot of depth there. the Dogs are much better all over the field. there is NO PLACE that they are weaker than last year. having said that, I would love to have Townsend back. nobody can bust a play like he could last year before he got hurt. we rush for more yards weekly this year, but he was just so explosive, but we still made it to the fourth round with him on the sideline last year. i wish we could have had him last year against FCS at full strength...

SP will run all over hampton like I have been saying all year long..... wait and see

REG 1 & 2 are over rated.....clap clap....clap..clap..clap

mtownballer's from region 5. They never make it to the semis!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />