Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

From what I have seen Hampton's kids play hard for the whole game. In that respect they remind me of the region 4 teams. IMO the non-region schedule we played plus having to play TC, FC and G'ville all in a row has made us a better, tougher team than we were last year.

How many starters did Hampton lose from last year and what positions did they play?

Hampton lost Joe Lee George (lineman), Adam Townsend, and Jonathan Lyons (wide receiver). I may be wrong, but I believe that is what they lost. Return majority of starters for the past three years. After watching South Pitt and Hampton, this looks to be a classic!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me give all of you Hampton fans a little reality check here! Yall are 13-0 Big Whoop! Yall think you are strong and physical, yall have not seen anything yet. Hampton I really hope you do not think that you are going to walk right in here and run the ball because that is SP strength. You might have your one big offensive line star but I have seen those types of players and I guarantee you he will be worn out by the second quarter!!Tyner, Trousdale County, and Gordonsville would have all beat Hampton if they would have played! Heck, the boys from Jasper might even have given yall a tough game! Hampton reminds me of a knock off of a more talented version of Copper Basin!! Boys you have not seen football until you have came down to Pirate Country!! We play a different brand down here, and yall can not and will not be able to handle it for four quarters!!

SP-49

Hampton- 14

I just hope your team feels the same way, but I bet they don't. You see they are battle tested, as are we, and they know what it takes to get this far and you don't have a clue!!

Wesley get the Jr. High ready the way Hampton is so big and bad we might not have enough players to make it through the nite. By the way Zone you asked me if I have seen Hamton play, no I have not. Let me ask you, have you seen them play in person or just tape? The friend I was referring to who has not missed a state championship game in all classes in the past 25 years is a pretty good judge of talent and thats where I have got my info from for these past few years. For some of you who think I'm crazy read how close my predictions were in the last 3 weeks. I'm a born and bread Pirate so some of you later on Pirate fans dont tell me what Pirate football is about. This team is the real deal!!!!!!!! Hampton go ahead with your war of words. thats what all 13 of our opponents have done so far and there playing the round ball now. Your team is good I didn't say they weren't, but you have to prove you can get out of the semi's and win a state before you think you can compare with the likes of Trousdale County and South Pittsburg who are the only public schools to win championships in the past 15 years.

You're the only one wageing a war of words! Check out the Spitt post. You real issues that need some serious medical attention!!

Hampton lost Joe Lee George (lineman), Adam Townsend, and Jonathan Lyons (wide receiver). I may be wrong, but I believe that is what they lost. Return majority of starters for the past three years. After watching South Pitt and Hampton, this looks to be a classic!

They also loast lineman Zach Thornton and Linebacker DJ Oliver...

zone pirate, How many players did South Pitt lose off of last year's team? Also, how do you think South Pitts' line compares to Hampton's line?

3 starters. We had kids that stepped right in so we are basically the same team as last year personnel wise. Our mindset and maturity is the big difference this year. We don't panic and we don't quit. I couldn't say that last year.

Our line is a lot smaller but quicker and pretty strong. Hampton's line plays high but they are strong and of course big. Should be a pretty good battle in the trenches