Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks are deceiving. The Hampton boys can play. Another factor that will come into play is coaching, and Hampton has top of the line coaches. Something else to think about- Trousdale beat Hampton 35-0 when the majority of the Hampton players were sophmores. Many South Pitt fans admit that they do not compare to Trousdale in 2005, what makes you think South Pitt can win by 30 now??

I agree totally - 30 is ridiculous - but when you play such a weak schedule the playoffs are sometimes a little too much to handle.

Looks fairly close to me, according to CoachT numbers

South Pittsburg Schedule

Rank Team W ??“ L Record Win Percentage Strength Rank

162 Marion Co. 5 ??“ 6 45.50% 28th

281 Copper Basin 0 ??“ 10 0.00% 60th

35 Lookout Valley 10 ??“ 2 83.30% 8th

175 David Brainerd 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 43rd

114 Tyner Academy 7 ??“ 5 58.30% 19th

190 Whitwell 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 42nd

192 Boyd Buchanan 4 ??“ 7 36.40% 24th

105 Silverdale 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 24th

252 Temple 2 ??“ 8 20.00% 53rd

128 Grace Academy 6 ??“ 5 54.50% 32nd

108 Trousdale Co. 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 19th

78 Friendship Christian 8 ??“ 4 66.70% 12th

39 Gordonsville 10 ??“ 3 76.90% 7th .

143 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 74 ??“ 70 49.90% 28.5

Hampton Schedule

95 Johnson Co. 7 - 4 63.60% 19th

113 Oneida 7 - 5 58.30% 22nd

117 Jellico 6 ??“ 4 60.00% 25th

253 Unicoi Co. 2 - 8 20.00% 42nd

135 Unaka 5 ??“ 5 54.50% 29th

276 West Greene 1 - 9 10.00% 49th

129 Grace Christian 6 - 5 54.50% 28th

231 Cosby 2 - 8 20.00% 48th

197 Happy Valley 4 - 7 36.40% 32nd

90 Cloudland 7 - 4 63.60% 30th

157 Coalfield 5 - 6 45.50% 38th

25 Midway 11 - 2 84.60% 10th .

148.5 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 71 ??“ 72 48.40% 30.3

Course, they're just numbers.

LETS ALL DO ONE THING WIN OR LOSE. BE FRIENDS AFTER THE GAME AND REALIZE FOOTBALL WHICH IS ALOT OF FUN IS NOT WHAT LIFE REVOLVES AROUND. I BET SOME OF MY BUDDIES IN IRAQ WHO I WAS IN THE SERVICE WITH

WOULD TRADE PLACES WITH PEOPLE WHOS TEAMS ARE 0-10.

Thats very true. I would have rather played on any team in the entire world than to have been in war. Thank God, these men are fighting for us. Act like it matters to you afterwards. When you win a battle in the war. You still lose a part of yourself. There is no gold ball to look forward to. Its still a long ride home. And a lot will not share the ride with you. We can only pray a battle is never fought on our homefield.

Looks fairly close to me, according to CoachT numbers

South Pittsburg Schedule

162 Marion Co. 5 ??“ 6 45.50% 28th

281 Copper Basin 0 ??“ 10 0.00% 60th

35 Lookout Valley 10 ??“ 2 83.30% 8th

175 David Brainerd 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 43rd

114 Tyner Academy 7 ??“ 5 58.30% 19th

190 Whitwell 4 ??“ 6 40.00% 42nd

192 Boyd Buchanan 4 ??“ 7 36.40% 24th

105 Silverdale 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 24th

252 Temple 2 ??“ 8 20.00% 53rd

128 Grace Academy 6 ??“ 5 54.50% 32nd

108 Trousdale Co. 7 ??“ 4 63.60% 19th

78 Friendship Christian 8 ??“ 4 66.70% 12th

39 Gordonsville 10 ??“ 3 76.90% 7th .

143 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 74 ??“ 70 49.90% 28.5

Hampton Schedule

95 Johnson Co. 7 - 4 63.60% 19th

117 Jellico 6 ??“ 4 60.00% 25th

253 Unicoi Co. 2 - 8 20.00% 42nd

135 Unaka 5 ??“ 5 54.50% 29th

276 West Greene 1 - 9 10.00% 49th

129 Grace Christian 6 - 5 54.50% 28th

231 Cosby 2 - 8 20.00% 48th

197 Happy Valley 4 - 7 36.40% 32nd

90 Cloudland 7 - 4 63.60% 30th

157 Coalfield 5 - 6 45.50% 38th

25 Midway 11 - 2 84.60% 10th .

148.5 ALL TEAMS PLAYED 71 ??“ 72 48.40% 30.3

Course, they're just numbers.

Another poll. Poles are made to hang wires, fence,uprights,lights, and tie horses to. Other than that they are to entertain the uninformed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Watch how fast this changes after Friday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Just how good do thay know each other /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Wow. I'll have to let them answer that one.

I've seen Hampton's last 2 game films and I must admit I will have to change my prediction of a 3 TD win for South Pitt. Midway is horrible and the next person that compares their "speed" with South Pitt's is going to see how little they really know come Friday. But its not just speed, South Pitt's OL-DL is very strong, and this thing will be 4 TDs at least. I'm not trying to push buttons here, just a courtesy to the fans from upper East TN. With gas prices the way they are, do yourself a favor - stay home and rent deliverance again because it will be much more enjoyable than seeing what South Pitt is about to unload.

Believe this, if Hampton had played Gordonsville last week, the Bulldogs would be done by now. Gordonsville is a much more sound defensive team and their QB-FS was a good player. I can't say all of Regions 1-2 were weak as some are, but the last 2 teams were certainly mediocre at best by the standards of Region 4.

I'm also glad that so many of these people that are soooo in love with the Trousdale team from 2 years ago will finally find a new opponent to fall in love with. Should give ya'll something to talk about on the long, sad ride home. And by the way, whoever it was that posted Trousdale had 5 D-I signees that year, that is ridiculous. I have nothing but respect for that program but that's not even close. Please name the schools those kids signed with. 1A teams simply don't put that many into the D-I ranks in one year.

I know I'm going to get blistered for this by Hampton folks, and many of the South Pitt fans won't like it because they think the same thing but are trying to be more hospitable. I'm too honest to hold my tongue. It's going to be a lot closer to Hook being right than the 1-2 TD most think it will.

From what I have heard from people who have watched the tape and from other people who has played against this big feller is that he is soft and once he gets hit a few times he is no longer a factor in the game and after seeing his picture and the other players in it they dont have a chance of catching one of sp running backs.

I've heard that if you keep saying that over and over it may become true.

I've seen Hampton's last 2 game films and I must admit I will have to change my prediction of a 3 TD win for South Pitt. Midway is horrible and the next person that compares their "speed" with South Pitt's is going to see how little they really know come Friday. But its not just speed, South Pitt's OL-DL is very strong, and this thing will be 4 TDs at least. I'm not trying to push buttons here, just a courtesy to the fans from upper East TN. With gas prices the way they are, do yourself a favor - stay home and rent deliverance again because it will be much more enjoyable than seeing what South Pitt is about to unload.

Believe this, if Hampton had played Gordonsville last week, the Bulldogs would be done by now. Gordonsville is a much more sound defensive team and their QB-FS was a good player. I can't say all of Regions 1-2 were weak as some are, but the last 2 teams were certainly mediocre at best by the standards of Region 4.

I'm also glad that so many of these people that are soooo in love with the Trousdale team from 2 years ago will finally find a new opponent to fall in love with. Should give ya'll something to talk about on the long, sad ride home. And by the way, whoever it was that posted Trousdale had 5 D-I signees that year, that is ridiculous. I have nothing but respect for that program but that's not even close. Please name the schools those kids signed with. 1A teams simply don't put that many into the D-I ranks in one year.

I know I'm going to get blistered for this by Hampton folks, and many of the South Pitt fans won't like it because they think the same thing but are trying to be more hospitable. I'm too honest to hold my tongue. It's going to be a lot closer to Hook being right than the 1-2 TD most think it will.

You are entitled to your opinion, however, I have also seen South Pitt's last two game films and they are not the team Trousdale was. Trousdale was 2 dimensional ( South Pitt does not have the passing game of Trousdale) I am not disrespecting South Pitt at all. You guys have a great team, however you are a running team. This game will be the game of the year in single a. Buckle your straps and get ready to get it on!!! As the great Pujo says.... GETTRRRDUNNNNNNNN DOGS!