Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

it worked earlier in the year when Happy Valley fans were on here talking bad about Roop (just like SOME SP fans are). he came out and destroyed the poor Happy Valley Warriors. i believe it can fire you up even more. ever heard of "bulletin board material?" i think the New England Patriots have been using "bulletin board material" very well this year. they have been using it as motivation to destroy teams...

Who in the world is Happy Valley?? I didn't know they played Jo Paterno's team at Penn. St.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure both teams coaches and players respect the other quite a bit. I doubt it will change after the game. Both communities should be very proud of the teams that are representing them this week. As far as trying to figure out this game, I don't have a clue. Ido know that both are very well coached and both will be prepared. Execution and disapline is the key for both squads. I don't think either team has faced a team like the other,South Pitt has faced some quality teams and believe it or not ,Midway was a pretty darn good team ,they scared me a little and as far as defence goes, Hats off to Oneida,about as good as it gets. Ijust hope for an injury free game and Ihope both teams walk off the field with their heads held high The main thing is going out there mentally and phyically prepared and leaving it ALL on the field. Winning is not the biggest thing ,playing like a winner is all any Coach could ask for. You alwayys have a team that scores more ,but no one has to be a loser.

ZP and sportsman, the facts are we will never get any credit from a team that has not played us. Since the playoffs began, we were told how our boys would not be able to beat TC, FC, and Gordonsville. All of those teams were tough, but we were able to do the impossible. Now we are being told that their region was down this year. Whatever! Not being cocky, but we made believers out of their fans. Yes, these teams were able to move the ball on us, but how many points did they score? That is the bottom line to me. If you have 200-300 yards of offense, but 14 points, you will not beat SP. If Hampton is able to move the ball, it does not guarantee points. Our defense has really played well in the red zone all year (Tyner, Trousdale, Gordonsville). Turnovers are not just mistakes, they are usually caused by contact or great athletes making a play. I have respect for Hampton. I have not seen them play, but they have to be a good team to make it this far and be 13-0. I just want the SP to get the respect they deserve. They have worked just as hard as Hampton's to get here.

GO PIRATES!!!

Okay, we all know S. Pittsburg has a great team. They are 13-0 and have beaten some very good teams. How much more respect do you want???? You haven't seen one post from a Hampton fan disrespecting or talking bad about any of S. Pittsburg's players. I can't say the same about your fans, especially the way they have dissed Roop. Our players have had a great year and deserve respect from all of your fans.

We know Hampton is going to have to play a great (mistake free) game to beat your team. But Hampton will definitely be there Friday night. Win or lose, Hampton is still a great team and deserves respect and congratulations.

Go Dogs!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not making predictions is a good idea but if you haven't seen South Pittsburg play either then how can you call them clueless for not having seen Hampton play? I don't know who will turn out to be right but unless somebody has seen both team play and can be objective then any of the other "predictions" are just as valid as the others...just guesses. IMO it's a two edged sword that cuts both ways. I have seen some pretty bold statements by both sides...you included

You are 100% correct. There's been some pretty bold predicitions and statements

I have no allegience in this game but I've seen both teams play. Honestly... BOTH teams are pretty darn good. Actually they are REAL good. Hampton if you underestimate Sout Pitt, they will hand you your butt on a plate. South Pitt if you think for a second you can walk away with this game, the Bulldogs will knock your butt flat. Both teams better be ready to play. I guarentee that!!

I've heard Hampton people say how huge their line is. True, they have a few guys that are pretty dern big BUT overall they are not as big as has been stated on here. I've heard South Pitt say how fast they are. Same thing, they have a few that are quicker than a hiccup BUT overall they are not as fast as has been stated on here. This is gonna be a real shoot out!! Blow out... not gonna happen on either side.

I think this will be a maximum 7 point game. It's a toss-up. Either team can take it. I've been watching high school football for 40+ years and I truly believe this will the best 1A game I will have seen.

I KNOW BOTH OF THESE TEAMS ARE 13-0 SO NEITHER ONE IS GOING TO BLOW THE OTHER OUT OF THE WATER. THIS WILL BE A TOUGH GAME, POSSIBLY THE GAME OF THE YEAR IN 1A. SOME THINK THIS COULD BE CONSIDERED THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BECAUSE THE WINNER OF THIS GAME WILL LIKELY WIN IT ALL. IM NOT SAYING THAT THE OTHER TWO TEAMS STILL IN IT CANT WILL IT ALL EITHER. BUT I THINK BOTH TEAMS ARE EVENLY MATCHED EVEN THOUGH MOST SP FANS WILL DISAGREE CAUSE THEY THINK THEY WILL JUST DESTROY THE DOGS WITCH IS REDICULOUS. IF THE DOGS WIN (WHICH I THINK WILL HAPPEN) OR THEY LOSE I WILL STILL BE PROUD OF THEM.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND HOPE THEY STAY INJURY FREE.

GO DOGSSSSSSSSS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have no allegience in this game but I've seen both teams play. Honestly... BOTH teams are pretty darn good. Actually they are REAL good. Hampton if you underestimate Sout Pitt, they will hand you your butt on a plate. South Pitt if you think for a second you can walk away with this game, the Bulldogs will knock your butt flat. Both teams better be ready to play. I guarentee that!!

I've heard Hampton people say how huge their line is. True, they have a few guys that are pretty dern big BUT overall they are not as big as has been stated on here. I've heard South Pitt say how fast they are. Same thing, they have a few that are quicker than a hiccup BUT overall they are not as fast as has been stated on here. This is gonna be a real shoot out!! Blow out... not gonna happen on either side.

I think this will be a maximum 7 point game. It's a toss-up. Either team can take it. I've been watching high school football for 40+ years and I truly believe this will the best 1A game I will have seen.

Yeah I think its more like Goliath and Goliath.

GAMES ARE SEEN DIFFERENT FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE. THANKS FOR YOUR INFO THOUGH.