Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

Will you guys PLEASE start posting about the actual game, not trash talk, not comparing cities, not pointless namecalling, not even talking about one hit in a previous game. It's hard to tell anything about the game, all I could even find while looking through these posts is that Millington likes to run. Is that all there is to talk about?

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not once has any millington fan claimed that they were gonna win by 40 or get 500 rushing yards its been indy fans go back and read the blogs idiot and im not from millington so thats not my team and by the way i have a 3.6 gpa and i got a 26 on the act i have a full ride to memphis for academics so im rather sure one day ill have a great job

Congrat's on the grades! Lemmie guess, you're #77?

I'm glad you guys have no idea what's coming your way!

Indyfan the thing about it is there are 46 pages of crap here and noone on this thread has anything to do with this game other than they will all pay $7 to get in the gate so this has been fun for everyone but the players know what they are up against and they will be ready to play. neither of the schools have been this far in the playoffs so they really don't understand the magnitude of their accomplishment. This game will come down to penalties and turnovers meaning whoever plays the cleaniest game has the best chance to win. if these two defenses are as good as they appear it will be hard to put points on the board for both. The playoffs are about the same every year at this stage, both teams are good and the team that makes mistakes loses, simple as that.

Millington fans don't know anything about Indy and Indy knows nothing about millington so all the speculation is what you know about your own team and all the predictions are silly. Come to the game pay your money cheer really loud and you can talk smack after the game.

I have confidence Millington is a solid team but i have know idea on how they will fair against a team i have never seen. Quote all the stats you want but for this game friday night there are No Stats so toss that out. Records mean nothing at this point and in November it is a one game playoff every friday night so stop this thread and start a new one friday about 10pm with smack talk, stats,etc.....

Good Luck to Millington and i hope that it is an injury free game

New question, Who will win between Bearden and Smyrna?

Honestly I think this will be a clean sweep for Millington. Indy goin into unknown territory and never been this far in the playoffs, I think they dont know whats coming because of their lack of experience. Im not just saying this cuz i play for franklin but id be really surprised if you come out of there with a win. Although, I would love to see a team from our region make it to state. good luck cause i think youll need it

Not sure the experience thing is a factor in this game. You'll remember that Ravenwood beat the west TN team in the semi's during their 3rd and 4th years of ever playing varsity football and Millington has never advanced beyond the second round of the playoffs in their history (and most years they lost in the first round). This is pretty much uncharted territory for both teams.

This is basically about two really good teams who don't know a lot about each other who are going to play a bang up football game on Friday. This ones going to be close.

Honestly I think this will be a clean sweep for Millington. Indy goin into unknown territory and never been this far in the playoffs, I think they dont know whats coming because of their lack of experience. Im not just saying this cuz i play for franklin but id be really surprised if you come out of there with a win. Although, I would love to see a team from our region make it to state. good luck cause i think youll need it

A person could say the same for Millington. The Wing-T can only take you so far. Shut it down and it will be a long night for Millington.

Indyfan the thing about it is there are 46 pages of crap here and noone on this thread has anything to do with this game other than they will all pay $7 to get in the gate so this has been fun for everyone but the players know what they are up against and they will be ready to play. neither of the schools have been this far in the playoffs so they really don't understand the magnitude of their accomplishment. This game will come down to penalties and turnovers meaning whoever plays the cleaniest game has the best chance to win. if these two defenses are as good as they appear it will be hard to put points on the board for both. The playoffs are about the same every year at this stage, both teams are good and the team that makes mistakes loses, simple as that.

Millington fans don't know anything about Indy and Indy knows nothing about millington so all the speculation is what you know about your own team and all the predictions are silly. Come to the game pay your money cheer really loud and you can talk smack after the game.

I have confidence Millington is a solid team but i have know idea on how they will fair against a team i have never seen. Quote all the stats you want but for this game friday night there are No Stats so toss that out. Records mean nothing at this point and in November it is a one game playoff every friday night so stop this thread and start a new one friday about 10pm with smack talk, stats,etc.....

Good Luck to Millington and i hope that it is an injury free game

New question, Who will win between Bearden and Smyrna?

I will be at the game and pay my $7. I agree, neither team or fans have any idea who the better team is. We can only speculate based on what we have seen our team do throughout the year. I have not talked any "smack" on here and don't plan to do so after the game...well, with the exception of a few Millington fans who deserve some smack talking...as do some Indy fans. I just hope for a clean, injury free game.

The topic says it all.

I don't know anything about Millington but after the adversity Independence has been forced to overcome to get this far, I think they'll be awfully tough to beat.

I will be at the game and pay my $7. I agree, neither team or fans have any idea who the better team is. We can only speculate based on what we have seen our team do throughout the year. I have not talked any "smack" on here and don't plan to do so after the game...well, with the exception of a few Millington fans who deserve some smack talking...as do some Indy fans. I just hope for a clean, injury free game.

I am gald you are coming friday and you will enjoy our little community and the atmosphere will be great. The visiting stands are not huge but should be able to accomodate everyone. The biggest problem is parking because you will end up parking in the neighborhoods around the school don't worry it is very safe all around the school. Safe Travels we will see you when you get here looks like the weather is going to be pretty good and the field is still in pretty good condition. the team has not been on it all week they have practiced offsite this week.

not once has any millington fan claimed that they were gonna win by 40 or get 500 rushing yards its been indy fans go back and read the blogs idiot and im not from millington so thats not my team and by the way i have a 3.6 gpa and i got a 26 on the act i have a full ride to memphis for academics so im rather sure one day ill have a great job

Check out pages 1-4. Some interesting claims by Millington fans as to what the score will be. The Indy fans (well the ones who aren't what we affectionately call "trolls") have been pretty subdued, though they have been worked up a bit, mostly by some of the claims of Millington fans.

As for your academic success, congratulations, and have fun being a Tiger.

A person could say the same for Millington. The Wing-T can only take you so far. Shut it down and it will be a long night for Millington.

Again..... For the 10000000th time in this thread... MILLINGTON is ABLE to PASS the Ball. They choose not to because they have averaged over 7 yards per play for the year running the ball. Randon Freyerson has a very good arm and Millington has two 6'3" wide receivers that can run and catch.

With the defensive scheme that Indy run's, (Without much safety help to the CB's), I really like Millington's chances in the passing game should they choose to do so

It's a shame that one teams season will come to an end Friday night.

I think Scott Pettigrew will have a solid game and Ryan Consiglio will have a typical game which by my standards is an outstanding performance at his linebacker position. The under sized offensive line for Independence will have their hands full as will the Eagles front eight on defense with the likes of Travis Simpson and Eric Knowlton in the backfield for Millington. However after watching this team play a little bit it kind of reminds me of Overton from last season with a better defense (I am not comparing them to when Overton and Independence matched up in the Sonic Bowl, just the team itself).

Typically I would go with the region 6 team in a matchup such as this one regardless of their records, however due to a down year in region 6 I am going to have to go with the region 7 team.