Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game day is finally here!!! Been reading the posts for this thread, a couple of things stick out in my mind. (1) Does anyone really give south a chance- No... (2) Even the folks predicting a south win sound like they do so just in case it does really happen, they have bragging rights. I am far from an expert on high school football history in our state. But i do know this... what has been done in the past is in the past. Maryville is very deserving of the highest praise. When building a program, Maryville would be the one to emulate. That being said (look out here it comes):

-They put their pants on one leg at a time just like us

-On any given night...

-Thats why they play the games

-Ever heard of David vs. Goliath?

-Im asking you to be perfect, can you be perfect? (friday night lights in case ur wondering)

-they are not a machine. if you hit them, they feel pain. if they get cut they will bleed.

-you play to win the game

-all things must come to an end

-leave it all out there on the field

First let me say in no way am I discounting anything Maryville has done or their great accomplishments. I wish that above all both teams have a safe journey to and from the field and emerge from this game without injury. This is for the 2007 Sullivan South Rebels: Lace em up tight. Get ready for a battle. Play with each other, for each other. This game means a lot to the fans but this game is for the players. Play for you, play for the seniors who are not ready to go home. Play hard, play fast, play fair, play smart, and give every ounce that you have. Hit em in the mouth cause they will do the same to you. You deserve to be here, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm loading up and headin down to the black hole, with a caravan of past players to support big blue. Show em how the boys from death valley play. GO GET YOUR RESPECT!!

Agree 100%. greatest rivalry in sports, super-saturated with tradition, mutual respect, and class (sounds a little like the Maryville bunch, and I must say the SS fans have shown themselves to be class acts as well)....if you have never been to an Army/Navy game, do yourself a favor and make the trip... you won't regret it, i promise!

well, i may not completely agree 100% maroonandgrey, lets make it 92%-- i'll be rooting for the Mids!! Lets make it 6 in a row!! back to back to back to back to back CIC trophy winners!

Maybe off topic, but what possessed you to pick 92%? Class of '92 maybe?!?!? Fortune favors the bold. Former mid here saying:

Go NAVY, BEAT Army!!!

2010 you are absolutely right this is the year of the unexpected but 14 at least? and to greyghost etcoach is a WB fan so you can leave your post.

When it rains it pours. If South can take advantage of Maryville mistakes (if they make any) they could maybe pull away late. Actually, I always pick games by 14. And I stick to my guns in times of both brilliance and shame. I also still believe some how, some way USC will win the Nat'l Title (even though its impossible). I like the Trojans by 14 also.

Based on the 2006 figures (includes the sophomore class, not the freshman class), Maryville clearly jumped the ranks and should be in the 5A bracket. Right now they are larger than several 5A schools including Campbell County, McMinn, Ravenwood, and Gallatin. On the other hand, Sullivan South is at the other extreme. They could be a 3A school as, for example, they are smaller than Seymour which is 3A. Maryville enrollment (2006) is 1381 versus 1056 for Sullivan South. Maryville's time to shine is now, once realignment takes place the playing field will even out.

I am not sure where you got that information, but maybe I was wrong; if so, I apologize. However, as I previously stated, I do not believe that a couple hundred kids can really affect the greatness of the football program, there are not any sophomore starters, and that would be the ONLY way it could really matter, because the starters and seniors have all been here for years. Also, the number of students at a school doesn??™t always determine the strength of the team anyhow, i.e., ALCOA, they are a great team who constantly took down two 5A teams (heritage and WB) and eventually those two teams dropped them from their schedule, but this thread isn??™t about our enrollment or any of that anyways, I just wanted to respond to what I was reading, so im moving on, but I wish yall would just get over trying to find any one thing wrong with us and just accept that we are succeeding right now, yes we will lose one day, but tonight, its not happening, hope everyone has a safe trip??¦.

Game day is finally here!!! Been reading the posts for this thread, a couple of things stick out in my mind. (1) Does anyone really give south a chance- No... (2) Even the folks predicting a south win sound like they do so just in case it does really happen, they have bragging rights. I am far from an expert on high school football history in our state. But i do know this... what has been done in the past is in the past. Maryville is very deserving of the highest praise. When building a program, Maryville would be the one to emulate. That being said (look out here it comes):

-On any given night...

-Im asking you to be perfect, can you be perfect? (friday night lights in case ur wondering)

-they are not a machine. if you hit them, they feel pain. if they get cut they will bleed.

First let me say in no way am I discounting anything Maryville has done or their great accomplishments. I wish that above all both teams have a safe journey to and from the field and emerge from this game without injury. This is for the 2007 Sullivan South Rebels: Lace em up tight. Get ready for a battle. Play with each other, for each other. This game means a lot to the fans but this game is for the players. Play for you, play for the seniors who are not ready to go home. Play hard, play fast, play fair, play smart, and give every ounce that you have. Hit em in the mouth cause they will do the same to you. You deserve to be here, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm loading up and headin down to the black hole, with a caravan of past players to support big blue. Show em how the boys from death valley play. GO GET YOUR RESPECT!!

Great post.

-On any given night...

I put on my pants two legs at a time...

Also, Maryville IS a machine. Not as good as they were last year (I believe last year's team could have played 4 QTR's with ANY team in this country).

Good luck to both teams, but I see Maryville winning big. Maryville STILL hasn't forgotten their 2 losses to Morristown West, and they DON'T want to feel that again.

There have been some great posts for this thread... Maryville Red Rebel fans you are a class act.

I wish safe travel for all whether coming from near or far. I look forward to what i hope to be a good game between two sets of fine young men. Those who play with great respect for the game, receive great respect. Good luck!

GO BIG BLUE!!