Fulton Falcons @ Pearl-Cohn Firebirds

Big Country

Pearl-Cohn has yet to see a defense like Fulton's this year, I can promise you that. Seeing that they've been struggling to put up alot of points against schools like Station Camp, Greenbrier, and White House, I just think it will be THAT much tougher against Fulton, who has more speed than any of those teams. Mason is good, but it will take his absolute best effort to beat the Falcons. I just wish it was in Knoxville this year, but it is what it is. If Blair is on for Fulton, they have a good shot to get back to the Boro, if not, they can maybe get past the Firebirds, but it won't be easy.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl-Cohn has yet to see a defense like Fulton's this year, I can promise you that. Seeing that they've been struggling to put up alot of points against schools like Station Camp, Greenbrier, and White House, I just think it will be THAT much tougher against Fulton, who has more speed than any of those teams. Mason is good, but it will take his absolute best effort to beat the Falcons. I just wish it was in Knoxville this year, but it is what it is. If Blair is on for Fulton, they have a good shot to get back to the Boro, if not, they can maybe get past the Firebirds, but it won't be easy.

We play Maplewood every year the team who beat Hillsboro we lost but we have saw a defense that is better trust me and i don't thank that Fulton's defense is better than Maplewoods. And plus we owe yall from last year so we will be ready I DON'T THINK #15 & FIREBIRDS WILL LET US DOWN WE CAN SEE THE BORO.

asiatic82000,

I don't know how you can say PC wants this game more. It doesn't matter how many times we have been to State or how many rings we have on our hand, it is a different year. We have a very young team that I can say not many people believed at the beginning of the season that we would make it this far, but this team has proven themselves to everyone. Trust me the Falcons want this just as bad if not worse than last year. I think there is a lot of factors that determine who wins.. experience,home field advantage, weather, injuries, penalties(fair officiating), turnovers,etc. etc. I know the Falcons will bring their best game as well as RESPECT for who we are playing! The FALCONS want to take this all the way! I don't think it can be determined by who wants it more. Both teams want it bad! Can't say that I am all that excited about a road trip (I don't think that it is fair to have to play there again this year, but nobody asked me)! I think you underestimate the 2007 FALCONS but that is ok. Hoping for a safe trip for all and an injury free game! By the way FIREBIRDS, you can put whatever logo you want on your field and we will respect it! I'm picking the FALCONS to win this one because I'm a BELIEVER!

We play Maplewood every year the team who beat Hillsboro we lost but we have saw a defense that is better trust me and i don't thank that Fulton's defense is better than Maplewoods. And plus we owe yall from last year so we will be ready I DON'T THINK #15 & FIREBIRDS WILL LET US DOWN WE CAN SEE THE BORO.

I also see where Maplewood shut the Firebirds out, 20-0. Maplewood's D could be better than Fulton's, but Pearl-Cohn didn't score on them either.

It should be a great game and I'm sure Mason & Co. want some revenge from last year on their home field. I still don't understand the TSSAA's layout this year for East to travel Middle, again. I don't know why they can't just stick with swapping every year. It's not fair for Fulton to travel to Nashville, again, and have to battle behind enemy lines, again. It could be a good thing if they get to Murfreesboro however. Had Fulton played at home this week and won, then the Title game would have been the youngsters 1st trip to the midstate. IF they can get it done this week on the road in a tough environment, then they will be much better prepared for MTSU. There's no way for completely being prepared for that game in the big stadium, but it will help. I'm sure Pearl-Cohn wants it, I'm sure Fulton wants it, should be a good one. Whoever moves on, an experienced, extremely hungry David Lipscomb team will be waiting, but one game at a time.

I also see where Maplewood shut the Firebirds out, 20-0. Maplewood's D could be better than Fulton's, but Pearl-Cohn didn't score on them either.

It should be a great game and I'm sure Mason & Co. want some revenge from last year on their home field. I still don't understand the TSSAA's layout this year for East to travel Middle, again. I don't know why they can't just stick with swapping every year. It's not fair for Fulton to travel to Nashville, again, and have to battle behind enemy lines, again. It could be a good thing if they get to Murfreesboro however. Had Fulton played at home this week and won, then the Title game would have been the youngsters 1st trip to the midstate. IF they can get it done this week on the road in a tough environment, then they will be much better prepared for MTSU. There's no way for completely being prepared for that game in the big stadium, but it will help. I'm sure Pearl-Cohn wants it, I'm sure Fulton wants it, should be a good one. Whoever moves on, an experienced, extremely hungry David Lipscomb team will be waiting, but one game at a time.

They caught us early in a game where we had just found out that our starting RB was out for the season. But give them credit they did what they had to do to win that game but anybody who's a PC fan knows that we get stronger as the season goes on. So i hope yall aren't coming down here with that mind set that yall can or will shut us out because that won't happen. But you're right it should be a good game [bUT YALL ARE STILL THE CHAMPS UNTIL FRIDAY.]

EASY NOW!!!! How in the world can you say "schools like Station Camp, Greenbrier, & White House"????? All three of those teams are very good. I'd take any of them against just about anyone in the state in Class 3A.

Fulton's offense hasn't exactly been great this year and Pearl Cohn's defense is the best that they will have seen to this point. THAT INCLUDES OAK RIDGE!!!! Against AE it was obvious that Montgomery could not throw the football to the right team all night long. His INTs were Fulton's points in that game. It wasn't like Fulton moved the football up and down the field all night offensively.

Pearl Cohn's defense has allowed NOTHING all year long just about. They allowed 10 to Station Camp in two games. They allowed 21 to White House in two games. They allowed 14 to Greenbrier. They allowed nothing to Howard. They allowed 13 to a solid Sycamore bunch that went 6-4 on the season. THAT'S 58-POINTS IN 7 GAMES AGAINST PLAYOFF CALIBER CLASS 3A TEAMS!!!!! Since the week nine bye week PC has allowed just 17-POINTS in a total of four games.

If you are planning on coming to Nashville with the intention that Fulton is just going to run the ball up and down the field all night long against the Pearl Cohn defense like they did last year THEN..............YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!!!!

Make it happen Fulton Falcons! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I love nothing more than to support Alcoa Friday night and Fulton, Maryville and bearden Saturday!

The beast in the East /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

-BlountCountySportsFan