10-AAA District Play

Costanza

I think you're over-emphasizing his foul trouble. Williams picked up his first foul midway through the first quarter, with his second coming sometime in the 2nd. Early in the game, he didn't really do anything except stand on the wing or corner. Usually his high post game along with passing high-low to 00 are his strengths, but Henry County's defense didn't allow him to do that. True, late in the game he was in foul trouble, and he did foul out, but a couple of those fouls came late when the game was already decided. He seemed to become frustrated and gave up some cheap fouls late. And, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't score all game. Maybe 0 - 5 or so from the field. 34, on the other hand, was an absolute beast down low, though he seemed to get away with a lot of pushing and elbows, gave Henry County fits. I was very surprised that he didn't start over 15(maybe?). They may have the best frontcourt in the district, but their backcourt is what Henry County tried to attack and what ultimately will cost them this season.

Very insightful and remarkably accurate in my oppinion! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great post!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're over-emphasizing his foul trouble. Williams picked up his first foul midway through the first quarter, with his second coming sometime in the 2nd. Early in the game, he didn't really do anything except stand on the wing or corner. Usually his high post game along with passing high-low to 00 are his strengths, but Henry County's defense didn't allow him to do that. True, late in the game he was in foul trouble, and he did foul out, but a couple of those fouls came late when the game was already decided. He seemed to become frustrated and gave up some cheap fouls late. And, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't score all game. Maybe 0 - 5 or so from the field. 34, on the other hand, was an absolute beast down low, though he seemed to get away with a lot of pushing and elbows, gave Henry County fits. I was very surprised that he didn't start over 15(maybe?). They may have the best frontcourt in the district, but their backcourt is what Henry County tried to attack and what ultimately will cost them this season.

I think that's a fair assessment. I personally think the foul trouble had something to do with it, but it also could have been the fact that Perry came out and hit three straight threes on him. He never recovered at all, and did seem frustrated. I doubt Williams even attempted that many shots.

I think that's a fair assessment. I personally think the foul trouble had something to do with it, but it also could have been the fact that Perry came out and hit three straight threes on him. He never recovered at all, and did seem frustrated. I doubt Williams even attempted that many shots.

Costanza what is your order of finsh now 1/3 through dist play?

Costanza what is your order of finsh now 1/3 through dist play?

Well, it's still sort of early to tell. If we go by who is playing the best basketball right now, I'd say Northeast, Henry Co., and Clarksville would be the top three, in that order. But again, I expect Northwest, Kenwood, and Rossview to all get much better by season's end, and I still have hope that Rossview can contend for that third spot or better if they can turn things around. Henry Co. showed how good they can be last night, and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't expect them to be that impressive. And I think we learned last night how difficult it's going to be to win at Dickson.

Well, it's still sort of early to tell. If we go by who is playing the best basketball right now, I'd say Northeast, Henry Co., and Clarksville would be the top three, in that order. But again, I expect Northwest, Kenwood, and Rossview to all get much better by season's end, and I still have hope that Rossview can contend for that third spot or better if they can turn things around. Henry Co. showed how good they can be last night, and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't expect them to be that impressive. And I think we learned last night how difficult it's going to be to win at Dickson.

Predictions on Fridays games?

Clarksville @ Henry County is all I know who else

Though it's early, it seems the district is being divided into 2 distinct tiers. Clarksville, Northeast, and Henry County seem to clearly be in the top tier. The second tier would be everyone else. Now some people continue to believe that Northwest is capable of making a run, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen them this year, but people I've talked to say they didn't impress that much. I think Kenwood is a bad situation. That team had little discipline on or off the court when I saw them. Plenty of athletes, but most seemed to be football players. They did not have a very high basketball IQ. I was suprised Springfield lost by as many as they did. I was highly impressed with their quickness, but they are young and not very deep. Dickson is the team I cannot get a read on. Yes, they are 1-2, but they played Northeast tough. Then again, it was a home game and they are tough at home. Clarksville seemed to handle them pretty well at their place. Can anyone give a scouting report on Dickson that doesn't begin and end with Primm?

District is at NW, with the first round at the higher seed's gym as usual. I could be wrong, but I believe I heard the region is at Rossview.

Costanza, thanks for the info. Although you are a bitter rival I'd like to say that in my opinnion Rossview has one of the nicest facilities(if not the best) facilities in 10AAA. Your gym is beautiful and I enjoy watching games there. So I hope that Regions will be played there. Did Rossview and Kenwood share plans for their schools they look an awful lot alike! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah your top 3 teams as of now are northeast, henry, and clarksville. It is still real early. we havent even went all the way around to everyone playing each other. Kenwood had a good win last night againest Springfiled who is going to struggle. Dickson lead the whole game until the end and northeast made a run. Northwest was up 20-9 on clarksville last night. Mclendon got in early foul trouble. He dominated the 1st half from what I heard from a clarksville fan. Henry put it on Rossview last night by large digits. Henry and clarksville friday night looks to be a coin toss.