Smyrna vs. Independence

I am not mad that Farragut got beat out early. I wasn't expecting them to make it past where they did. However I was not expecting them to play who they played. Independence did make it to the championship game. You can not say they didn't. They did however get demolished in the championship game. I think it is funny how you guys "respect" them so much for getting where they did and then defend them when they get destroyed. I garauntee you that if a region 2 team had made it, other than Oak Ridge, and got beat by alot everyone would be saying.. Oh well that is why region 2 teams aren't good and don't need to be in the championship game. This is just a situation in college football... How would you react if a non-bcs team went undefeated and played in the championship game and got beat? You and everyone else would say that is exactly why they don't need to play for the title. No one would be going around saying oh you guys are just jealous cause your team didn't make it. No one would say they were the 2nd best team. Somehow when a high school team makes it to the championship game gets demolished it is because they played bad and then you throw out the you are just jealous thing. What a bunch of hypocrites.. you are ridiculous. And yes it is possible for a team, not in the championship game, to be better than one that is in it. Just look at when LSU and USC "tied" for the national championship some years ago. Oklahoma was not better than USC, yet OU played in the championship game.. Yes it was all the systems fault. I do not see how that is any different in this situation. It is all based on how the thing is set up. East v. West does not always give you the 2 best teams.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it does!

The last 2 years the best Playoff game has been the game prior to the 5A Championship game. The East Tn Teams gave Smyrna all they wanted. The boys from Brentwood area got spanked both years in the Championship game.

The best teams do not always meet in the Championship game. I'm not the only one who knows this. Go read who Alcoa felt like they should have been playing in the Championship game. It wasn't Goodpasture but a team they faced on their side of the bracket.

Not worth all the typing just a point.

Hey rigger, lets try this one year instead:

Play regions 1,3,5,7 in a bracket

Play regions 2,4,6,8 in a bracket

Winners meet in the Boro! (Oh my God...could you imagine?)

When LSU beats Ohio St for the title, thousands will say that their team was better than LSU, same ole song, just another boring verse.

Really now...the system is what it is. It boils down to performance in the playoffs. EVERY team in the state knows what they have to accomplish to get to the Boro. The best teams play in the end, many good teams find themselves watching.

I also feel that you really do not know how talented the Indy team was this season, therefore, you make your assumptions based on one game, take that back, ONE HALF with Smyrna. Same two teams meet again, nowhere near that same result, not to take away from Smyrna, because they are a very good team no doubt.

We all have our own hard-headed ways and opinions that is for sure. It just hit me, high school football is over in TN. Sad, Sad Day!

I am not mad that Farragut got beat out early. I wasn't expecting them to make it past where they did. However I was not expecting them to play who they played. Independence did make it to the championship game. You can not say they didn't. They did however get demolished in the championship game. I think it is funny how you guys "respect" them so much for getting where they did and then defend them when they get destroyed. I garauntee you that if a region 2 team had made it, other than Oak Ridge, and got beat by alot everyone would be saying.. Oh well that is why region 2 teams aren't good and don't need to be in the championship game. This is just a situation in college football... How would you react if a non-bcs team went undefeated and played in the championship game and got beat? You and everyone else would say that is exactly why they don't need to play for the title. No one would be going around saying oh you guys are just jealous cause your team didn't make it. No one would say they were the 2nd best team. Somehow when a high school team makes it to the championship game gets demolished it is because they played bad and then you throw out the you are just jealous thing. What a bunch of hypocrites.. you are ridiculous. And yes it is possible for a team, not in the championship game, to be better than one that is in it. Just look at when LSU and USC "tied" for the national championship some years ago. Oklahoma was not better than USC, yet OU played in the championship game.. Yes it was all the systems fault. I do not see how that is any different in this situation. It is all based on how the thing is set up. East v. West does not always give you the 2 best teams.

you didn't make it... so stop crying about it. INDY played an aweful first half. everyone knows...but hey everyteam has a off game, INDY just had to have that game when it counted. its not funny to respect a team....apparently it is to u but "(u)havenofriends" need to get over yourself.

No one is crying. Like I said, I wasn't expecting Farragut to make it to the championship game. I figured at best the farthest they would go would be to the semis... You are right they lost in the quarterfinals. Indy made it to the championship game congrats on that. I just do not see what is so hard for everyone else to understand that there were better teams, where if there was a good playoff system, they would have lost in the first 2 rounds.. I guess TSSAA needs to make baseball, basketball, soccer and everything else east v. west sicne apparently that is the best way to do things. Who cares if there are better teams.. east v. west is the only way to go..

I play for Smyrna and I completely Agree with Indynation.

It was Indys first time in a state game while Smyrna had the more Expeienced team.

Some times Experience is better than skill....

To me it just appeared that Indy came out Nervous while Smyrna Brought their A-game from Play one.

And I feel the results would have been the same even if Feragut woulda beat Bearden. We have a great team that LOVES to over come Diversity. THAT is what makes us champions, Not rod, nor Sonny.

WE came the closest to beating RHS than anyone else besides WC, and BA only won cause Rod dropped the ball in the endzone . Not trying to make excuses but as Coach Shad said at the end of the game "I don't view this as a loss, From my point of view we just ran out of time."

I play for Smyrna and I completely Agree with Indynation.It was Indys first time in a state game while Smyrna had the more Expeienced team.Some times Experience is better than skill....To me it just appeared that Indy came out Nervous while Smyrna Brought their A-game from Play one.And I feel the results would have been the same even if Feragut woulda beat Bearden. We have a great team that LOVES to over come Diversity. THAT is what makes us champions, Not rod, nor Sonny.WE came the closest to beating RHS than anyone else besides WC, and BA only won cause Rod dropped the ball in the endzone . Not trying to make excuses but as Coach Shad said at the end of the game "I don't view this as a loss, From my point of view we just ran out of time."

thought it was johna (spelling) that had it but dropped it when he was hit

I play for Smyrna and I completely Agree with Indynation.It was Indys first time in a state game while Smyrna had the more Expeienced team.Some times Experience is better than skill....To me it just appeared that Indy came out Nervous while Smyrna Brought their A-game from Play one.And I feel the results would have been the same even if Feragut woulda beat Bearden. We have a great team that LOVES to over come Diversity. THAT is what makes us champions, Not rod, nor Sonny.WE came the closest to beating RHS than anyone else besides WC, and BA only won cause Rod dropped the ball in the endzone . Not trying to make excuses but as Coach Shad said at the end of the game "I don't view this as a loss, From my point of view we just ran out of time."

thought it was johna (spelling) that had it but dropped it when he was hit

Basically, it all comes down to this. You don't have the silver ball. Indy does. Whether Bearden or Farragut is better is irrelavent. You didn't make it to the championship. You failed. You're not the 2nd best team, or 3rd best. If it were up to me, this would be the final rankings in the state:

1.) MBA

2.) BA

3.) Maryville

4.) Smyrna

5.) Indy

6.) Millington

7.) Bearden

8.) Farragut

Etc. Now, if were talking JUST 5A, it's Smyrna, then Indy, then Millington. Bearden and Farragut lost in the playoffs, and that's it. You can't say "well, if we played in your region we would've had an easier time" because you wouldn't. 6-5A is one of the toughest regions in TN, bar none. You didn't let your playing do the talking. You let your talking do the playing. And that talking costs you the respect of educated football fans in TN. Just admit that your team lost, and leave the boards. What Smyrna and Indy accomplished will not be taken away from them.

Congrats to Smyrna for playing a very solid game. It is obvious you were the better team, although I would like to think that if Indy shook the butterflies out they would've put up a better fight. Indy, WHAT A YEAR. From 1-3 to #2 ranked team in 5A (and top 5 in the state, regardless of classification IMO) is a VERY great year. Don't let the graduation of this year's seniors lower your expectations for next year! You will be very successful in the future!

Basically, it all comes down to this. You don't have the silver ball. Indy does. Whether Bearden or Farragut is better is irrelavent. You didn't make it to the championship. You failed. You're not the 2nd best team, or 3rd best. If it were up to me, this would be the final rankings in the state:

1.) MBA

2.) BA

3.) Maryville

4.) Smyrna

5.) Indy

6.) Millington

7.) Bearden

8.) Farragut

Etc. Now, if were talking JUST 5A, it's Smyrna, then Indy, then Millington. Bearden and Farragut lost in the playoffs, and that's it. You can't say "well, if we played in your region we would've had an easier time" because you wouldn't. 6-5A is one of the toughest regions in TN, bar none. You didn't let your playing do the talking. You let your talking do the playing. And that talking costs you the respect of educated football fans in TN. Just admit that your team lost, and leave the boards. What Smyrna and Indy accomplished will not be taken away from them.

Congrats to Smyrna for playing a very solid game. It is obvious you were the better team, although I would like to think that if Indy shook the butterflies out they would've put up a better fight. Indy, WHAT A YEAR. From 1-3 to #2 ranked team in 5A (and top 5 in the state, regardless of classification IMO) is a VERY great year. Don't let the graduation of this year's seniors lower your expectations for next year! You will be very successful in the future!

Um,

Where's Alcoa?

Um,

Where's Alcoa?

Slide Alcoa behind Millington or Bearden or something. I haven't seen them play, so I can't make a strong judgement on them.

And to the person who has no friends, we did lose. But you've been on the boards for a few weeks now complaining and griping and disrespecting. Good luck next year, but sitting here and proclaiming that Farragut would've given them a better championship is absurd. Because you didn't make it that far! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S. Alcoa could feasibly be #6, or #5, I've just never seen them play.