LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Class Act. All of it true. the person i quoted on my last post needs to take some lessons from this guy. And everyone, if you are not a Fulton player, do not judge these players on how 'classless' or 'immature' you may think they are. If Lipscomb lost (like last year), not all Mustangs would've shook Fulton's hands.

I think that you are wrong in your statement if Lipscomb had lost. For the past three years I have stood at mid-field immediately after the game. The two losses: LA and Fulton last year, Lipscomb lined up and shook their hands despite the loss. This playoff season, we tried to shake Mitchell's hands after the game and a number of Tigers would have no part of it. In the win over Bolivar, a couple of Bolivar players did not want to shake hands but wanted to start some trouble. In our most recent regular season losses dating back a few years, Goodpasture and Lipscomb always shake hands. Greenbrier and Lipscomb always shook hands. Even the big games in the past with Marshall County, Creek Wood, Giles County and Spring Hill, everybody shakes hands. I have been on the field at that point for the past 7 seasons and I can give you a first hand accounting of it.

You have the right to your opinions, but you need to be a little more informed. In the past we've had players who were on crutches that made it out there to shake hands. Lipscomb's view of shaking hands is to show respect to your opponent for the game that was played.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grossly bias and slanted. He was pointing out some facts about the Lipscomb program and how its done...and done right. If you want to talk bias and slanted how about the article the Tennessean ran a few weeks ago about the Publics vs. the Privates.....that was a slanted article..only view from the public side was presented..no views from the Private Divsion I schools at all. I appreciated the rest of your comments in your post.

I was at the game where Smith County beat the Mustangs 16-0. My oldest son a junior that year played OG. Coach Mac really got on the offensive line after that game. I personally think it was the Lipscomb play calling that night. That was the last game that Lipscomb has been shut out in a football game (1999). That was a good Smith County Team that year.

I agree with the facts about Lipscomb's program...and their coach...and how you do things. The rest of it was biased toward privates being in and Climer wanting the DII teams back with publics. That is the part I don't agree with.

That's a subject more suited for the public/private forum. I don't want to argue that here.

My son also was a junior that year. He did make a few plays on both sides of the ball to win that game. I did know that was the last team to shutout Lipscomb. If Maynord had gotten that team a couple of years earlier...I think they would have won a 2a title. They had more talent than any team we've had since. IMHO I don't think it was DL's play calling. I think it was a SC team that had great talent that decided to give an inspired effort.

I agree with the facts about Lipscomb's program...and their coach...and how you do things. The rest of it was biased toward privates being in and Climer wanting the DII teams back with publics. That is the part I don't agree with.

That's a subject more suited for the public/private forum. I don't want to argue that here.

My son also was a junior that year. He did make a few plays on both sides of the ball to win that game. I did know that was the last team to shutout Lipscomb. If Maynord had gotten that team a couple of years earlier...I think they would have won a 2a title. They had more talent than any team we've had since. IMHO I don't think it was DL's play calling. I think it was a SC team that had great talent that decided to give an inspired effort.

How can you question the play calling of the coach that is third all time in the state among active coaches in wins? I was at that game to and Smith counties front whipped Lipscombs. It did not matter what play was called the Lipscomb oline got whipped plain and simple and that is why thye lost the game. Also many of those lineman had been unfocused that entire week and did a harmless prank that was ill timed. That was probably part of it.

Duh- I thought Smyrna and Maryville were public school. Correct me if im wrong

The statement was made that 1 private and 4 publics won titles and would that increase the multiplier. I responded that there were no private schools in 4a and 5a...so a private school could not have won those classes. Therefore...

private won 1 out of 3 possible.

Class Act. All of it true. the person i quoted on my last post needs to take some lessons from this guy. And everyone, if you are not a Fulton player, do not judge these players on how 'classless' or 'immature' you may think they are. If Lipscomb lost (like last year), not all Mustangs would've shook Fulton's hands.

From all I have heard Fulton has a class program, and I am willing to cut a 17/18 year old some slack after losing a state championship game. It doesn't make him classless, even though it might have been a poor decision. Any of us who have been there know how he was feeling.

Addressing the issue of Lipscomb players not shaking hands if they had lost, that would not have happened.

If you're playing for Coach Mac, you shake your opponents hand after the game, or you'll be watching the next game from the stands.

From all I have heard Fulton has a class program, and I am willing to cut a 17/18 year old some slack after losing a state championship game. It doesn't make him classless, even though it might have been a poor decision. Any of us who have been there know how he was feeling.

Addressing the issue of Lipscomb players not shaking hands if they had lost, that would not have happened.

If you're playing for Coach Mac, you shake your opponents hand after the game, or you'll be watching the next game from the stands.

Gee...aren't most of them going to be watching Lipscomb from the stands anyway? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It's time to put this to bed. Hopefully both DL & Fulton can meet again next year and then the saga can continue. Congratulations to DL enjoy it as we have the last two years. To my Falcons - unbelievable job. No one, including me thought we'd be playing in December. Remember how much this loss hurt and dedicate yourself to not feel this way next year.

It's time to put this to bed. Hopefully both DL & Fulton can meet again next year and then the saga can continue. Congratulations to DL enjoy it as we have the last two years. To my Falcons - unbelievable job. No one, including me thought we'd be playing in December. Remember how much this loss hurt and dedicate yourself to not feel this way next year.

agreed, leave all the talk about class alone. fulton had plenty of it so just let i go.

I'll try this again! First of all just as the last poster said it is 17/18 year old KIDS! They did not disrespect you! What I saw was a GREAT Lipscomb team celebrating a well deserved win, and a GREAT Fulton team disappointed over a loss! There is nothing wrong with either. These players did not point fingers, start a fight, etc, etc. They were very emotional and upset over losing a very big game. I think some of you should think back to when you were 17/18 yrs old and inventory if you did EVERYTHING correctly. You did nothing wrong, you said nothing that could be even remotely be considered disrespectful or out of line. I think that you will agree that you probably weren't perfect. I will tell you this! I really don't care what your opinion is even though I know you are entitled to it. I am VERY proud of this FALCON team! Many of them have a supportive family and then some of them do not have much direction from home. Some of them only have direction from this Family of Coaches and Loyal Supporters! You have no idea what you are talking about even questioning their class. Some of these guys have lived more difficult life experiences than you could even imagine! I don't think anyone showed such negative behavior after this game that deserves someone to rub their nose in it! You can question TCOBB removing his jersey and pads and showing his disappointment but as someone else said this is something he does after every game (win or lose), and I can understand his emotion after this game! I can think of a whole lot worse things he could have done to offend you! Just recently #2 TYSON was injured in a game and many, many players and students filled and overflowed the waiting room at UT hospital. Many of the staff commented separately that they had not witnessed a more well behaved group of kids in their ER! Our coaches not only teach football skills, they teach many many skills needed in everyday life! This includes respect for themselves as well as others. FALCONS, I AM PROUD OF YOU! I will use a line from one of the coaches after the game "THERE IS NO REASON TO HANG YOUR HEAD AFTER LOSING IN MURFREESBORO!' YOU CAME A LONG WAY AND HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF HERE!

Please do not get on here and judge our TEAM until you know everyone on yours is perfect. NO ONE IS PERFECT! I said it once and I will say it again, I think Lipscomb has a great program that obviously begins with their Coaches and filters down to their players! SO DOES FULTON! I'm anticipating re-match of these two teams next year!

GO FALCONS!

Give them a break!!!! Are you kidding the ones that looked bad where the older kids. To many kids even losing a playoff game is devistating, yet you blasted them on things they did. I guess we should forgive Michael Vick as well. I know the two are completely different, and Vicks issue was way beyond what we are discussing. I guess we should overlook the way the Falcons behaved, but not the way other previous schools you downed behaved. It is very easy to put down a school for acting like some do, but when it comes to the school we support should we overlook it? In your own words you say he should not have done it, but also in your own words you said he had done it all year long. Sounds to me like you don't think that your former coaches should have every allowed it from the the first ballgame?

I normally don't blast many teams on here, just when color blind statements are made.

And by the way I have been in your shoes before. I have been to the dance several times. I have heard and experienced many things, but usually don't comment until I see it for myself. By the way you IP shows your out of the Fulton Zone.

What is the deal with the zone comments? I live like 5 minutes from Fulton just for the record /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . Anyways, I believe the only school I've ever questioned regarding their actions was AE, and that's because they acted like 5 year olds, stomping and spitting on Fulton's Falcon at midfield, BEFORE the game started. I've never downed how another team has acted on this board outside of that. I'll agree that T Cobb should have kept his jersey on, and if players didn't shake hands, that was wrong as well. I know the coaches don't allow foolishness and bad behavior, so whatever happened, I can promise it was addressed. Fulton runs a top-notch football program and has established a 3A powerhouse. Like it or not, you'll be seeing plenty of Fulton for years to come.