LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

I've been reading the posts about "class", or the lack thereof, and I guess I just don't get it. I was at the game and have now spoken with several DL players and parents the last 2 days. What I saw, and what the players and parents of players have said -to a person - is how hard the game was played and how much class the Fulton players and coaches exhibited during and after the game. No trash talking during the game. No cheap shots. Just a full speed, playing like a scalded dog, giving it all you got, leaving it all on the field, great, great football game. Sure there were mistakes - on both sides. But think of the great plays on both sides. What a highlight tape.

One DL player, who shall remain nameless, but let's just say he was recognized as the defensive MVP, told me he hit Cobb harder than he had ever hit anyone before and he looked up to see him still running. Most DL fans did not expect to see that. I bet most Fulton fans did not expect to see Rogers do the things he did, with the speed he has. Those are the kinds of things that made this game great - on both sides of the ball.

We all know it's not always that way. We all could probably tell stories about some of the garbage that goes on during the games and on the sidelines. None of that here. Two great teams, two great coaches and staffs, two extremely well-represented schools.

Why can't we just leave it at that? And maybe think about how much fun a rematch could be next year....

Just a thought.

AMEN>>> AMEN .... and AMEN !!!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make you look foolish......

Fulton 3x (1 state title, 1 runner up)

Catholic 3x

AE 3x

LA 1x (1 state title)

Anderson Co. (1x)

Kingston (1x)

And all of those teams minus Kingston have won a game and 4 of the 6 have made it to at least the quarters. Best I can recall, only 2 teams from region 5 have made it that far.

You totally missed my point as well. At no point did I say anything positive about region 6 in this. I don't think I've ever said region 6 was better than region 5 foir that matter. As a matter of fact, I was comparing them to region 1 for weakness. I've not considered myself a region 6 guy in a long time.

Think what you want. But for comparative purposes, think FSU in the ACC in the mid-90s, Miami in the Big East in 2001, or USC in the PAC-10 from 02-04. One really good team......and then a drop off. That does not make a dominant region.

REGION 5-3A = CHAMPIONS!!!!!! There have been 6 teams from the region to win playoff games over the last three years.

You've mentioned Kingston but they do not have a playoff win in that time now do they?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

REGION 2-3A is just going to have to deal with all of the talking that we've been dealing with reading on here IN THE PAST. Remember that what goes around comes around!!!!

FOOTBALL SEASON = OVER!!!!!

Have a safe and a Merry Christmas everyone and I look forward to having some more of these heated debates in 2008 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

REGION 5-3A = CHAMPIONS!!!!!! There have been 6 teams from the region to win playoff games over the last three years.

You've mentioned Kingston but they do not have a playoff win in that time now do they?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

REGION 2-3A is just going to have to deal with all of the talking that we've been dealing with reading on here IN THE PAST. Remember that what goes around comes around!!!!

Have a safe and a Merry Christmas everyone and I look forward to having some more of these heated debates in 2008 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let's talk about the last 5 years, a reasonable amount of time...2-3A = 4...5-3A = 1. Enjoy this 1...we'll see where we end up this time next year.

So wait a minute.

You can use historical stats to make a point, but when I call you out as being wrong for the 100th time on here, historical stats don't matter? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look, the BEST team in class 3A this year, for most of the year, was a healthy Knoxville Catholic team to be honest. I thought when the injury bug struck the Irish, Fulton may have caught a huge break, which they did, and the Falcons got back to the Boro, which I wasn't expecting for most of the season. Now, my preseason favorite to win it all was DL and I would have predicted a DL vs. Catholic title game, but things worked out for the best for Fulton....and DL. The Mustangs had a fine football team and those seniors deserved to go out on top after losing the last two. Congrats, enjoy the gold ball.

As for Region 5 being the best now, all of a sudden, after one game, not buying it Country. I had a feeling that because a Middle TN team in 3A beat an East TN team for the 1st time in 6 years, you would have something to say, but seriously, "King of the Mountain"? The entire region? Region 2-3A is still the best, top to bottom. If Ohio State beats LSU in the BCS title game this year, will that "all of a sudden" make the Big Ten the best football conference? No. That recogniton will still go to the SEC. Region 5 FINALLY managed to beat Region 2. Congratulations. One game doesn't change what the past 6 years has established. Florida winning back-to-back National Championships in basketball doesn't mean they can even compare to a school like North Carolina's basketball tradition.

So wait a minute.

You can use historical stats to make a point, but when I call you out as being wrong for the 100th time on here, historical stats don't matter? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Be careful around Solomon. It seems of late on some thread, he is the last comment before its closed down.

Look, the BEST team in class 3A this year, for most of the year, was a healthy Knoxville Catholic team to be honest. I thought when the injury bug struck the Irish, Fulton may have caught a huge break, which they did, and the Falcons got back to the Boro, which I wasn't expecting for most of the season. Now, my preseason favorite to win it all was DL and I would have predicted a DL vs. Catholic title game, but things worked out for the best for Fulton....and DL. The Mustangs had a fine football team and those seniors deserved to go out on top after losing the last two. Congrats, enjoy the gold ball.

As for Region 5 being the best now, all of a sudden, after one game, not buying it Country. I had a feeling that because a Middle TN team in 3A beat an East TN team for the 1st time in 6 years, you would have something to say, but seriously, "King of the Mountain"? The entire region? Region 2-3A is still the best, top to bottom. If Ohio State beats LSU in the BCS title game this year, will that "all of a sudden" make the Big Ten the best football conference? No. That recogniton will still go to the SEC. Region 5 FINALLY managed to beat Region 2. Congratulations. One game doesn't change what the past 6 years has established. Florida winning back-to-back National Championships in basketball doesn't mean they can even compare to a school like North Carolina's basketball tradition.

I just felt compelled to join in on this discussion. Since the TSSAA Re-classification of 2005, can you tell me who has been the most dominate 3A Football Program? I'll give you a hint: They have played in the last 3 State Championship Games, They won last Saturday, They wear Purple and Gold and from 1993-2004 They were the winningest 2A Football Program in the state. Their initials are DLHS! Need any more clues? Ok, one more: They haven't lost a region game since week 2 in 2002.

Be careful around Solomon. It seems of late on some thread, he is the last comment before its closed down.

I am seeing this. He has gone from being a DIE HARD supporter of West-TN football to being a DIE HARD supporter of East-TN football. WHAT AN ALL AROUND GUY!!!!!

Livingston Academy won it all in 2005. Since then they've hardly won a game altogether. Seriously!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Fulton won the state titles for Region 2. I don't recall state titles from Knoxville Catholic or Anderson Co. With that in mind what makes those two teams clearly better than teams like Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., & Giles Co.???????

Austin East won a state title but my goodness. THAT WAS IN 2001!!!! I was a senior in 2001. That would be like me saying that Marshall Co. won a state title in 1984 or Spring Hill won a state title in 1986. The high school kids of today were in elementary school when that title was won. WHAT MAKES THEM SUCH A BIG PART OF THAT??????

I must go again before some fan cries to CoachT and gets me thrown off of here for another week (WHAT WOULD I EVER DO WITH MYSELF /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ).

Congrats to David Lipscomb on winning the state title. Congrats to Region 5 on being THE BEST!!!! If you are not in Region 5 then you can just bow down with all the rest /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe if Stone Memorial goes to the playoffs next year all of those Region 2 fans will start calling them a "Class 3A Powerhouse" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You guys have a Merry Christmas vandy1. Take some time and work on those sideline moves that I saw you showing off last weekend /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You guys have a Merry Christmas vandy1. Take some time and work on those sideline moves that I saw you showing off last weekend /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I didn't have to have much moves Saturday in murfreesboro, I was just a sidekick on Radio that week. Matter of fact didn't hardly move at all.

Thank you for the Season Greetings. I hope it will be a good one. It would be better if Real Estate was doing a bit better than it has.

I am seeing this. He has gone from being a DIE HARD supporter of West-TN football to being a DIE HARD supporter of East-TN football. WHAT AN ALL AROUND GUY!!!!!

Livingston Academy won it all in 2005. Since then they've hardly won a game altogether. Seriously!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Fulton won the state titles for Region 2. I don't recall state titles from Knoxville Catholic or Anderson Co. With that in mind what makes those two teams clearly better than teams like Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., & Giles Co.???????

Austin East won a state title but my goodness. THAT WAS IN 2001!!!! I was a senior in 2001. That would be like me saying that Marshall Co. won a state title in 1984 or Spring Hill won a state title in 1986. The high school kids of today were in elementary school when that title was won. WHAT MAKES THEM SUCH A BIG PART OF THAT??????

I must go again before some fan cries to CoachT and gets me thrown off of here for another week (WHAT WOULD I EVER DO WITH MYSELF /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ).

Congrats to David Lipscomb on winning the state title. Congrats to Region 5 on being THE BEST!!!! If you are not in Region 5 then you can just bow down with all the rest /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe if Stone Memorial goes to the playoffs next year all of those Region 2 fans will start calling them a "Class 3A Powerhouse" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And region 5 has who in it? Matter of fact, I dont even know who is in region 5. Know matter what anyone says about region 5, all of your points fall short to region 2 still being the best in the state. I gave my congrats to DL and said they were the best team in the state... this year. I would still choose a healthy Catholic over DL. And I hate Catholic so im being dead serious.

Livingston Academy won it all in 2005. Since then they've hardly won a game altogether. Seriously!!! Fulton won the state titles for Region 2. I don't recall state titles from Knoxville Catholic or Anderson Co. With that in mind what makes those two teams clearly better than teams like Marshall Co., Cheatham Co., & Giles Co.???????

And I don't remember anyone else from Region 5 doing anything before this year....ever. I suppose Greenbrier was region 5 in 04. Ok, so since 04 the record is 3-1 region 2 over region 5. That's a group from freshmen to senior, so that would be a pretty good comparison, right?

And one more fact. Since the 5 class system when into effect in 93, this is only region 5's second title. Springfield and DL. Region 2....well, they still have 5.

As for other stuff.......

Well, considering I live in East TN now....that would make sense that I might watch schools here wouldn't it? I don't think I ever called myself a west TN football guy. I knew about most teams from growing up there, but I can't tell you anything about it there now. Could really only give a crap about 2 programs there actually. And I don't think I have ever said region 2 wasn't the best region in the state.....

To answe your question, no, I don't know what you did with your time that week off. Funny how you smirk about people crying about you. You have almost 5,000 posts since May 1, 2006. Care to tell us why this name got made that day? Oh yeah! It's because before then you had 2 names with over 10,000 posts, but................you cried to coachT about people making fun of you wasn't it and you said you would never post again, right? Then you get on here and try to be Murphy Fair Jr. and promote your radio show. Right cbarkley/catfish-hunter/Big Country?

Oh yeah, and check a few pages back....you'll see where I said DL would win. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />