Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenn High vs Central should be a great game, and winner should find themselves to finish safely in 4th place

Central comes into this game much improved according to the box scores. THS has been the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team of the conference this year so you never know if they will or if they won??™t show up ready to play. Central will have to shoot the ball very well from the perimeter tonight to pull out a win. I guess the biggest deciding factor is going to be which officials are working tonight??™s game. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

DB over South by 30 / Boone over Volunteer by 10 / SH over Crockett by 40 / Now the big one that has us all scratching our heads. I think THS will pull this one out by 2-6 points " Just my opinion" /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Central comes into this game much improved according to the box scores. THS has been the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde team of the conference this year so you never know if they will or if they won??™t show up ready to play. Central will have to shoot the ball very well from the perimeter tonight to pull out a win. I guess the biggest deciding factor is going to be which officials are working tonight??™s game. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Couldnt say it much better

DB over South (refs..we don't need no stinkin' refs!)

SH over Crockett (see not above)

Boone over Volunteer (Boone rushes for 200 and Volunteer has a late TD called back on a controversial holding call...stinkin refs! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

TN High over Central (TN High's personal refs will work the game allowing the Vikes to pull this one out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

DB over South (refs..we don't need no stinkin' refs!)

SH over Crockett (see not above)

Boone over Volunteer (Boone rushes for 200 and Volunteer has a late TD called back on a controversial holding call...stinkin refs! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

TN High over Central (TN High's personal refs will work the game allowing the Vikes to pull this one out /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

Thats funny ha ha ( /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

I just seen on TriCitiesSports today where Keith Cradic needs about 19 point to become Volunteer's all-time leading scorer.

The person he is going to pass is Chucky Lindholm, who played for Volunteer about 3 or 4 years ago when them and Central were still in AA. The thing is Chucky accumulated all those points in just 3 years, because his senior year he transferred to Twin Springs. He may have scored over 2500 points if he would have stayed there his senior year. I wish that Central, Volunteer and Elizabethton could have been in AAA during those years.

P.S. Does anyone else besides me remember when the Kingsport (now SW VA) Times-News gave previews about the upcoming games in the area and also had little weekly columns about some of the standout players from the previous week (I think it was in the "Sportsporri" section)? Now we are lucky to get an article about the game the next day. I know that the internet has probably hurt their business and they have had to have some cutbacks but it just doesn't make sense to me to have articles on NBA and NHL games instead of articles highlighting local athletics. If I wanted to read an article on the Suns/Spurs game I would pick up a copy of USA Today. The Times-News still has good writers (Bill Lane) but unfortunately that does not make up for the lack of coverage they have given the Tri-Cities teams.

Which brings me to my last rant about the Times-News. Does anyone know when they decided to change their coverage from the Tri-Cities area to the SW-VA area? Does someone in charge there have a girl who plays volleyball for Gate City or something? I remember last year on a Sunday where the front page of the sports was the all SW-VA girls Volleyball Team picture and article instead of articles about local high school basketball games the night before.

Has anyone else noticed these changes or is it just me?

Very true statment. And dont belive all the BS about theirs noway it can cause a points diff or 10-20or even 30. LOL Because it CAN. And on that note the team still has play to the top of their game, or this makes it even worse. GOOD LUCK with the stripes.

East got beat by DB by 33, quit CRYING about the ref's!!!!