Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on the last few games of the season? How will everyone finish up? With the top 3 spots a lock, other than who will finish 2nd and 3rd, alot could happen from 4th on down.

4. Tennessee High 7-6

@ Science Hill

Central

@ Crockett

5. Central 6-6

@ Crockett

@ Tn High

Boone

@ Volunteer

6. Volunteer 5-7

South

@ Boone

@ East

Central

7. Boone 3-10

Volunteer

@ Central

@ D-B

8. South 2-11

@ Volunteer

D-B

Crockettt

9. Crockett 0-12

Central

@ Science Hill

Tn High

@ South

looks like Tenn High Vs Central will be a key game

looks like Tenn High Vs Central will be a key game

I agree totally. There are three teams on the bubble, but THS looks like they are in the best spot to contend for the fourth spot considering everything plays out as expected. Central not only has to play the Vikings but they have to finish up with a dangerous Volunteer team that desperately needs a big win. While the THS vs Central game looks like the most important game left as far as the standings go, I predict the Central vs Volunteer game will be a fight to the death. And before you get all torn up Falcondad ???fight to the death??? is used as a metaphor in that context meaning ???hard fought game???. I know how that CHIP you carry around has made you real sensitive to anything I say, so I wanted to clear that up for ya before you started throwing holy water on me??¦again. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I doubt that worry was the reason for the lack of pre game chatter by the Indians fans. It was more due to the absolute knowledge that the lack of real competiton in the Conference didn't warrant hype. After the Indians, East and Science Hill, the rest of the confernce is not even close. I wish they were better, for the conference sake. The Vikings and the Cougars have improved from the start of the season and hopefully they will step it up even more to make the District Tournament competative.

Did the Fightin' Falcon have the night off?

Roll Tribe Roll

Come on Art??¦how much??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦(Lord let me choose my words carefully)??¦??¦??¦lets see??¦??¦NERVE, does it take to talk trash after the fact. I do have to agree with your assessment of the conference with the exception of the fact that I don??™t think East is any better off then the other 7 teams. It seems the Vikings take two steps forward just to take four back. No emotion and no motivation??¦most of them looked scared to death out there against the Indians. This same group of kids has competed against each other for years now in spring and summer tournaments, and while we couldn??™t ever beat the Tribe, we were ALWAYS very competitive in that arena. I don??™t know if DB is that much better now or if we??™re are just that bad??¦but we truly got run off the court Friday night for the second time in a row this year. Knowing the ability of these kids and then having to see their performance out on the floor, and the lack of motivation this year is very disheartening to say the least. They are much better than what we have seen in most cases this year. This year and next are crucial for Region 1. After next season it rebuilding time for not only the Vikings, but if you look at the rosters and watch who is out on the floor, you'll know this to be the case for DB and Science Hill as well. Just my opinion.

Central wins 57-55 in what might be one of the best games of the year so far. Patrick Albright drove the lane and shot the ball and made it to come within 1 but also got fouled. He made the clutch free throw to tie the game with 11 seconds left. South then had the ball but Carl Roberts steals the ball from Wes Carr with 2 (+ or -) seconds left and runs down the court and throws up the game winning layup at the buzzer.

Central played very poorly but still came up with the W. It was a GREAT game.

Wow, didn't think I'd every see anyone write that one of our games this year was "Great"! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Quote by Cap1"I don??™t think East is any better off then the other 7 teams" So does this mean DB isnt better than the other 8 teams? Or,does this mean THS is no better than DC or Central? This statment confuses me isnt 1st thru 9th place in the big nine for a reason? LOL......... This is great to know, because if this is true all the big9 teams are all the same.

Quote by Cap1"I don??™t think East is any better off then the other 7 teams" So does this mean DB isnt better than the other 8 teams? Or,does this mean THS is no better than DC or Central? This statment confuses me isnt 1st thru 9th place in the big nine for a reason? LOL......... This is great to know, because if this is true all the big9 teams are all the same.

I don't think it takes much to confuse you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hope you are wrong, I would love to see a close game, because I thank these teams have the best coaches in that league. I would like to see it come down to coaching it usually doesn't the team with the better players win! and thats DB. If sullivan east can get some good looks and knock them down it may be close. good luck to both!

I think Coach Dyer is a good guy, but not one of the 2 tops coaches in the Big 9. You must have just starting following East BB this year. Check the schedules on Coach T. I don't think they have made the regional the past 6 or 7 years. And they haven't made it this year. I wouldn't want to play Volunteer on their home floor in a do or die game. This looks as if this could happen by the standings.

We are not looking good right now. Our shooting percentage has gone way down and turnovers still up near 20 a game. If I was a betting man, I'd say Cradic and Bennett will get more shots going forward. Cradic only took 3 shots against Greeneville on Saturday. TN High is dangerous along with East right now. DB, well, their in a class all to themselves so far. Best of luck to all my Big Nine fellows this week!!!!! GOD Bless!!!!