Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Totally agree with you Scott. Great group of sophomores, but things look bleak with the current lethargic system. Fine group from seniors down, actually. I would not be surprised if the team is a shadow of it's former self, personel wise, in the future. It would have been nice to see the boys stay together for four years and continue the success they have had since 6th grade. I don't have any answers myself, but the underachieving system in place now surely isn't working. We fans were certainly hoping for more. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

One thing I'll have to agree with the coach on is playing the younger guys. He's been doing it as much as possible. Our best lineup is actually the sophomores. I know he's taking a lot of heat for it, but I don't blame him for playing them. But, there's still a lot that needs to change.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ignore your statments for the most part Cap, so I can't tell you if the statement you speak of is true or not. Sorry, not being mean, just the truth. The record I speak of, is pointing out that East is not the only school to move outstanding freshman straight to varsity. Bailee went straight to starting. Just pointing out that there are others.

You mean you try to ignore my posts??¦but it??™s hard to do aint it; especially when most of them are meant to spark conversation. By the way you??™re not doing a very good job because you (in your own way) replied to one of the very post that you ???ignore for the most part???. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Anyway??¦part of my point in that statement was the fact that I have seen freshman play and even start on the varsity team in most all other Big9 basketball programs (including South) with the exception of DB. If Coach Morgan starts a freshman??¦you better go ahead and get his autograph (maybe that??™s taken it a little far, but you get my drift) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . East was merely an example being that Snapp (the best freshman in the league his freshman year) is a four year letterman and Cross (the best freshman in the league this year) is following in his footsteps and both would see the floor on most any team in the Big9 this year. In post #465 you reinforce the other part of my point to Art in that gauging a programs future success simply on the success of 6th threw 9th grade teams is very misleading. You can almost always count on loosing a good percentage of those players to other sports and activities. Then you have the kids that dominate at that age simply because they mature quicker??¦but the others eventually catch up and that domination is no longer there.

You mean you try to ignore my posts??¦but it??™s hard to do aint it; especially when most of them are meant to spark conversation. By the way you??™re not doing a very good job because you (in your own way) replied to one of the very post that you ???ignore for the most part???. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Anyway??¦part of my point in that statement was the fact that I have seen freshman play and even start on the varsity team in most all other Big9 basketball programs (including South) with the exception of DB. If Coach Morgan starts a freshman??¦you better go ahead and get his autograph (maybe that??™s taken it a little far, but you get my drift) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . East was merely an example being that Snapp (the best freshman in the league his freshman year) is a four year letterman and Cross (the best freshman in the league this year) is following in his footsteps and both would see the floor on most any team in the Big9 this year. In post #465 you reinforce the other part of my point to Art in that gauging a programs future success simply on the success of 6th threw 9th grade teams is very misleading. You can almost always count on loosing a good percentage of those players to other sports and activities. Then you have the kids that dominate at that age simply because they mature quicker??¦but the others eventually catch up and that domination is no longer there.

Jordan Edwards got a few minutes as a freshman on the Varisty squad, and if I remember correctly, he may have even got a start or two, possibly in the Arby's? But I hear your point and you are right. Very rarely do freshman at DB even dress Varsity, much less play. However, I wouldn't necessarily blame Morgan for that because DB generally has the talent level that would not warrant bringing up a kid simply to let him get Varsity minutes when he could play freshman/JV ball and get a whole lot of playing time.

your correct in all you said athleticism, size but don't leave out 3 more important other things about tonights game. you may not be able to guess so i will help, they were dressed like zebra's. had to be the worst called game of the year. i hope their boss give them the scores they deserve. but db does have a good team, don't think they can hang with the knox bunch. they will match up with size and that is important down the road.

unc1,

not sure which game you watched, but East shot 26 free throws to D-B's 15...?

Roll Tribe Roll

Jordan Edwards got a few minutes as a freshman on the Varisty squad, and if I remember correctly, he may have even got a start or two, possibly in the Arby's? But I hear your point and you are right. Very rarely do freshman at DB even dress Varsity, much less play. However, I wouldn't necessarily blame Morgan for that because DB generally has the talent level that would not warrant bringing up a kid simply to let him get Varsity minutes when he could play freshman/JV ball and get a whole lot of playing time.

To the best of my remembrance I don??™t think Jordan or Justin ever dressed varsity as a freshman. In fact I don??™t think they got much if any PT on JV. But you probably know better than I do. I personally don??™t have any problem with, and in fact admire Coach Morgan??™s system. By my son playing for Coach Pitts I am actually able to understand the rhyme to the reason now. For example Jamel Williams is a great talent (and would be a standout player on anybody??™s team), but now that he has been ???Morganized??? (I think) he will probably be scouted by a different level of colleges simply because of the discipline Morgan has worked into his game.

Cap

If I recall, Justin Sylvester and Jordan Edwards saw the floor for Charlie as freshmen.

your correct in all you said athleticism, size but don't leave out 3 more important other things about tonights game. you may not be able to guess so i will help, they were dressed like zebra's. had to be the worst called game of the year. i hope their boss give them the scores they deserve. but db does have a good team, don't think they can hang with the knox bunch. they will match up with size and that is important down the road.

How so? Not that I'm claiming the game was called error free and usually the reffing in this area is not great and we all have established that time and time again. But the game was a 30 point margin so I'm not sure how the refs could have helped out anymore than 26 free throws to DBs 15 or so. Seriously, what is your beef? Besides there were many times that the foul against DB was "on the floor" when it was clear the player was in the process of shooting, and DB pounded the ball inside the entire 2nd half and didn't get many calls. DB was in foul trouble most of the 2nd half so I'm not sure what else you want?

If I'm not mistaken Snapp wasn't on the Varsity as a freshman.

I could see that if the score was a little closer, "but 33 points"!! And according to Skunk, East shot more ft's than DB. Get real.

I could see that if the score was a little closer, "but 33 points"!! And according to Skunk, East shot more ft's than DB. Get real.

that is what i am saying. they stopped calling as many fouls on db as they were because of the foul trouble which would have made a big difference in the second half. as far as the point spread they did start taking the ball inside the whole second half and that was a big difference. but they was no reason to stop calling the fouls on them, yes they are big and can rebound over a lot of players but i don't think they was many over the back calls. this is just my thoughts. i still think both teams never really played to their potential.

If I'm not mistaken Snapp wasn't on the Varsity as a freshman.

snapp played all jv i think his freshman year.

that is what i am saying. they stopped calling as many fouls on db as they were because of the foul trouble which would have made a big difference in the second half. as far as the point spread they did start taking the ball inside the whole second half and that was a big difference. but they was no reason to stop calling the fouls on them, yes they are big and can rebound over a lot of players but i don't think they was many over the back calls. this is just my thoughts. i still think both teams never really played to their potential.snapp played all jv i think his freshman year.

You are right, my bad. I think he started and was sophomore of the year the following season.