Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

I did miss the game Sat... had to work, which is odd for a Saturday. The only thing I heard was, the Indians had one of those games where they just couldn't hit anything.. that happens, they won. Derrick Steele is the real deal and hands down the best Frosh in the conference.. not open for debate.

Gone to the Dome to watch the Indians play the Team with the best student section in the conference. I expect the team with the best coach and players win.

Roll Tribe Roll

I doubt he is hands down better than any Freshman considering Jordan Cross is the sixth man on a pretty good East team. In fact, I think it is pretty much not open to debate that Cross has been the best Freshman in the conference this year.

Matt Harmon from Central is another good Freshman. He dresses Varsity and until he suffered a head injury that has sidelined him for the year, was a standout on the JV.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is what i am saying. they stopped calling as many fouls on db as they were because of the foul trouble which would have made a big difference in the second half. as far as the point spread they did start taking the ball inside the whole second half and that was a big difference. but they was no reason to stop calling the fouls on them, yes they are big and can rebound over a lot of players but i don't think they was many over the back calls. this is just my thoughts. i still think both teams never really played to their potential.snapp played all jv i think his freshman year.

WOW! They never stopped calling fouls on DB! what game were you watching? I think most of East's points LATE in the game came from the stripe. And if they call a flop a flop from the beginning then DB probably isn't in any foul trouble. They called a shooting foul against Sylvester for #3 and he was nowhere near the kid while he was shooting. And like I said, with DB pounding the ball deep inside all 2nd half and the 4 big guys only getting 48 points combined and only 12 free throws combined kind of throws your whole argument into chaos. Like I said, we've established that the reffing is inconsistent at best around here...but it was a 33 point game. And most of that came during the 3rd when DB outscored East 30-10 WAY before the fouls started piling up. By the end both teams had subbed and DB still outscored EAst 29-20 in the 4th...when you say they could have made a comeback if the refs had called the fouls. Hmmm

Snapp played JV and Freshman ball his Freshman year. No Varsity. I cannot think of any Freshman that have ever played Varsity for Dyer till last year. I am probably forgetting someone that did, would be interested to know though.

The officials missed some calls, it happens. But to say they gave DB the game is nonsense. D-B is in a different league than anyone else in the Region, much less the Big 9. We played with them the first half, D-B adjusted at halftime and played good basketball. Nothing more. Good luck to the Indians the rest of the way.

I doubt he is hands down better than any Freshman considering Jordan Cross is the sixth man on a pretty good East team. In fact, I think it is pretty much not open to debate that Cross has been the best Freshman in the conference this year.

Matt Harmon from Central is another good Freshman. He dresses Varsity and until he suffered a head injury that has sidelined him for the year, was a standout on the JV.

I'd have to go with Steele. But, we all have our opinions. Wait till you guys see the Williams kid from Science Hill next year at the freshman level. He might see varsity action as a freshman next year. Shane Williams' boy. The REAL "real deal".

That's all to be seen. Let's finish this while we got it. Dobyns-Bennett has a few Seniors this year with a ton of Juniors, so we have the future right here and right now and then, next year!!

DB is going for an outright Conference Championship this season. In 13 District 1 AAA games, the Indians are 13-0 and winning by a 75-48 average. On the road, where DB is Friday night against the Rebels of Sullivan South, DB is 7-0 on the season (in District) with an average scoring margin of 75-53. After that game, the Indians finish up the Conference schedule with Science Hill and Boone, both at home.

Anybody got the lo-down on the District Tournament bracket? Please post if you do... I don't won't what they did 2 years ago or last year... just 2008.

DB 75

South 35

FYI -DB's big 4 combined for 48 pts against S.E., that's paint domination

Roll Tribe Roll

Snapp played JV and Freshman ball his Freshman year. No Varsity. I cannot think of any Freshman that have ever played Varsity for Dyer till last year. I am probably forgetting someone that did, would be interested to know though.

The officials missed some calls, it happens. But to say they gave DB the game is nonsense. D-B is in a different league than anyone else in the Region, much less the Big 9. We played with them the first half, D-B adjusted at halftime and played good basketball. Nothing more. Good luck to the Indians the rest of the way.

During the Dyer era there has never been a Freshman contribute at the varsity level like Cross. There have been freshman to play some minutes on Varsity under Dyer but nothing like Cross. Hope he stays hungry because he could be a good one.

Keith loves to prove me right, "Keith Cradic 5 9-11 21" almost half his points were from the free throw line, he must've had fun flopping everywhere

What middle school do you attend? Surely with your antics of hating Volunteer and especially Cradic, you must not be an adult or anywhere near that stage. Grow up and talk about what you know. Don't just look at box scores and assume things. I looked in the box scores this morning and there are others that consistently get more of their points from the free throw line. You are a true definition of "Churlish" if you must dog out a teenager.

Thanks for thinking about me MandG! I had almost forgotten about your love of stalking me. I try to support our bball program, but it's hard. I love the kids, but I hate the system. To answer your question, the freshman crown of last year will not translate into too much success at the varsity level. Not with the current system. As for my reasoning for being at the D-B freshman game Saturday, if it's any of your business, my nephew plays for your beloved Indians and I'm a friend of Eddie's. The Hob Nob sure has good burgers huh E.D.? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Small world huh? I also have friends on the GC side of course. And, I love their style of play. But, no, I sat right behind D-B's bench.

Art, you are 100% correct about Steele. Love watching him play. Ailshie can play too you know? You guys will have a good group coming in next year also with the Robinson bunch. Sevier didn't have much this year for some odd reason. As for the GC team you played on Sat., they played half 8th graders and even one 7th grader. D-B won by a point. Probably could have been worse, but coach sub'd freely. At any rate, the future is bright for both schools on the hard wood! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My fault Volman. I assumed you were taking a jab at DB barely beating Gate City. Hey, it sounds like somebody in the family made a good choice /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow, I used to be referred to as moron now M&G...you're warming up to me /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Welcome back

What middle school do you attend? Surely with your antics of hating Volunteer and especially Cradic, you must not be an adult or anywhere near that stage. Grow up and talk about what you know. Don't just look at box scores and assume things. I looked in the box scores this morning and there are others that consistently get more of their points from the free throw line. You are a true definition of "Churlish" if you must dog out a teenager.

LOL! Careful Stokomo, your fancy city education is showin'! Just playin'. Us Eastern Hawkins County Alum usually use "rude". (yes, I had to look up "churlish")

My fault Volman. I assumed you were taking a jab at DB barely beating Gate City. Hey, it sounds like somebody in the family made a good choice /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wow, I used to be referred to as moron now M&G...you're warming up to me /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Welcome back

You ain't too bad when you're not so defensive. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="