Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Viking team that played last night just might hand the Tribe their first loss this coming Friday in the Dome! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

The Indians already have two loses Cap. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

yea the central east game was a pretty good game. it looked like east had it early with a big lead in the first but central fought back in the second to tie it up 36-36 at half. Central then rolled and got up a few points but they just could not finish it. The forth quarter was totally dominated by East, central had to many turnovers and things just didnt go centrals way. East was the better team tonight.

As far as their student section goes...Yea they looked like they had a few scouts that came to our games because every cheer they had was a central cheer. Heck, even the camo was ours. But i do remeber the one cheer that absolutly noone has chanted against us.... Something about out football team being bad?! who would have EVER come up with that one. SO ORIGINAL! wish other school were that creative

Who cares! This is a basketball discussion board...as in people actually out on the court shooting and scoring not about which student section wears camo (how brokeback mountain is that anyway). And frankly for Central to be the self proclaimed "best student section" I rarely remember much done or said during the DB game that was any louder/better/crazier than the other paid attendees. Which is OK with me because I didn't go to hear a bunch of vulgar student chants. Speaking of "how original" I wouldn't really put a few kids with K-A-I-K-O painted in Halloween colors up there with the Cameron Crazies or Bruce Pearl painted up. So I think we can put this whole silly "best student section" thing to rest...nobody is as good or original as back in the day when this area was basketball crazy. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

The Viking team that played last night just might hand the Tribe their first loss this coming Friday in the Dome! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Now hold on there CAP.....it's not like you played Science Hill or East. As teams are getting better, we have been regressing the past three or four weeks. I will agree that TN High is getting there TEAM game going and they looked really good last night, but.... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> .....26 turnovers with 21 of them coming from steals and not even pressing shows just how we are needing our Seniors to pick us up out of this bad streak. You were a little late last night, what was the hold up? I have never witnessed 21 steals that we just handed to the Vikings by any team. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> The road does not get any easier.....@ Greeneville, @ East, @ Boone, home vs. Central. Being competitive and losing is one thing, but not being competitive at all is a major concern with only two weeks left. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> GOD BLESS!!!!

Central V East was an awesome game, but with VERY poor officating. For example, an East player hits the ball back to the other side of the court and Central gets it back, they decided to call a backcourt ruling. I hate to have games be decided by other factors other than the teams that are playing. East defense was superb and were constantly hustling. And it is funny how East student section copied Central Camo wear last year...real original. Like most of the cheers they use. BOO!

So that ONE backcourt call decided a 13 point game?

Interesting how things are viewed when the shoe is on the other foot

All three of the refs were bad, just like the rest of the Big 9 refs. Central has never gotten a real home cooked meal from the refs and definitely did not get it tonight. True, the refs made some bad calls against SH, however, those calls were just as equal, if not better, than the ones against Central. SH was pushing players around the whole night and none of them were called for that. However, people need to understand that Central lead the whole game up to the point that they were tied at 52, but took the lead from there for good. Central has a very decent team and needs to be given credit for the win without adding other variables such as refs.

In the mo west game, we just plain out lost. We still had 3 people that shot in double digits with Josh Kaiko leading central with scoring 20. Central shoots extremly well at home and watch out if they get on fire.

But if we do win, dont worry, we wont get any credit for the win, DB will blame the refs or somethin else that totally takes away the fact that Central is a good team.

Now hold on there CAP.....it's not like you played Science Hill or East. As teams are getting better, we have been regressing the past three or four weeks. I will agree that TN High is getting there TEAM game going and they looked really good last night, but.... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> .....26 turnovers with 21 of them coming from steals and not even pressing shows just how we are needing our Seniors to pick us up out of this bad streak. You were a little late last night, what was the hold up? I have never witnessed 21 steals that we just handed to the Vikings by any team. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> The road does not get any easier.....@ Greeneville, @ East, @ Boone, home vs. Central. Being competitive and losing is one thing, but not being competitive at all is a major concern with only two weeks left. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> GOD BLESS!!!!

Wow Stoke??¦I didn??™t think you cared /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . I coach a rec team at the new Sports Complex in Elizabethton and my daughter plays on another. I had to leave her game at half to get there when I did.

I have to admit??¦I didn??™t see that spark you normally see when the Falcons come to Viking Hall. With that cloud over their heads they??™re probably afraid to breath on anybody real hard. They looked like a real defeated team last night as they left the court. I almost felt sorry for them as they were leaving the court, then visions of that pic on tricitiessports.com ...well...you know...what can you say. I think they just need to have a little positive encouragement at this point instead of the coach beating them up in the press. Cradic (while not my favorite) is a top competitor in this region in any sport and Bennett is an all conference player in anybodies book. You have size (although they didn??™t show up last night). You EASLY have the players to beat East and a victory over the Patriots would go a long way for morale going into the tournaments. I do think the best team over all won (of course), but I have to admit that the Vikings aren??™t 30 points better than Volunteer (this year).

Who cares! This is a basketball discussion board...as in people actually out on the court shooting and scoring not about which student section wears camo (how brokeback mountain is that anyway). And frankly for Central to be the self proclaimed "best student section" I rarely remember much done or said during the DB game that was any louder/better/crazier than the other paid attendees. Which is OK with me because I didn't go to hear a bunch of vulgar student chants. Speaking of "how original" I wouldn't really put a few kids with K-A-I-K-O painted in Halloween colors up there with the Cameron Crazies or Bruce Pearl painted up. So I think we can put this whole silly "best student section" thing to rest...nobody is as good or original as back in the day when this area was basketball crazy. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Isn't Central the team that had to get South and Greenville fans to help them cheer against DB a couple years ago in the Region tourny. Yes......Im pretty sure it was.

Isn't Central the team that had to get South and Greenville fans to help them cheer against DB a couple years ago in the Region tourny. Yes......Im pretty sure it was.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have to get South/Greenville fans to help them cheer. Anyway, who ended up winning the game? It shouldn't matter who cheers for who. It's who gets the W in the end.