AP Polls

B-O-B-C-A-T-S

Somebody at Antioch must have seriously ticked someone off

That must be true, Antioch has not lost to a team from the state of Tennessee. Their losses are to the #2 team in the country and a highly ranked Georgia team, and still no votes. That's ok, let's see what the final AP poll looks like.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These polls are all someone's opinion and we all no what they say about opinions. To answer one question CPA has not been beaten by a Tennessee team to this point in the season. All the shoulda, coulda, woulda's do not matter. The bottom line is CPA and Antioch are taking care of business on the court and the last time I checked that is where it matters most.

These polls are all someone's opinion and we all no what they say about opinions. To answer one question CPA has not been beaten by a Tennessee team to this point in the season. All the shoulda, coulda, woulda's do not matter. The bottom line is CPA and Antioch are taking care of business on the court and the last time I checked that is where it matters most.

aaaaamen!!!!!

That is a strong statement about White House beating CPA. You might want to come off the hill and see CPA play before making those kind of remarks.

I know common opponent scores don't always tell the whole story, but.....

-- WH beat DCA by 5 at WH

-- CPA beat DCA by 35 at DCA

Based on that, you would have to say CPA is the better team.

I agree. Not having either, or Franklin get votes in this poll is a joke. I have no problems with polls, but this one should not be sanctioned by the AP or anyone else. If they are going to put this in the paper and give it "AP" designiation a more reliable and fair system needs to be devised. I assume there are many people on these boards who have enough contacts in the coaching world to put together a reliable and more accurate coaches poll. It would hold far more credibility than this trash. No disrespect to any of the teams listed, but there are not 5 better AA teams than CPA and not 10 better ones than Franklin or Antioch.

Whitehouse v. CPA would be a good game, as Whitehouse has the horses to guard Mason. I just think CPA's schedule has toughened them to the point that they would prevail in a close game against Whitehouse. Whitehouse just hasn't faced the type of competition that CPA has.

I agree. Not having either, or Franklin get votes in this poll is a joke. I have no problems with polls, but this one should not be sanctioned by the AP or anyone else. If they are going to put this in the paper and give it "AP" designiation a more reliable and fair system needs to be devised. I assume there are many people on these boards who have enough contacts in the coaching world to put together a reliable and more accurate coaches poll. It would hold far more credibility than this trash. No disrespect to any of the teams listed, but there are not 5 better AA teams than CPA and not 10 better ones than Franklin or Antioch.

Whitehouse v. CPA would be a good game, as Whitehouse has the horses to guard Mason. I just think CPA's schedule has toughened them to the point that they would prevail in a close game against Whitehouse. Whitehouse just hasn't faced the type of competition that CPA has.

Keep in mind the poll doesnt list teams with less than 12 votes, but I agree with everyone else about the AAA poll, How Franklin and Antioch arent in the top 10 is beyond me. Cleveland should be gone since they had to forfeit their first 20 games, that was pretty big news, so I dont know why they are still there and have their record listed at 17-4. Dont see how Clarksville could hold onto their spot at #10 after losing to a mediocre Springfield team. I imagine tho, once the smoke settles, the one at the end of the regular season will look a little more reasonable.

I'm not even believing CPA isn't on this weeks poll. They played 5 games last week, 3 district games, and McGAVOCK!!! AND WON THEM ALL!!! This is rediculous! CPA plays David Lipscomb tonight and meets Pearl Cohn again on Friday. Hopefully pulling off the 2nd win to both teams for this season will put them on the list where they belong!

Those who voted for this week's poll are: The Leaf-Chronicle (Clarksville),The Daily Herald (Columbia),Cookeville Herald-Citizen, State Gazette (Dyersburg), Elizabethton Star, The Greeneville Sun, The Jackson Sun, Johnson City Press, The Knoxville News Sentinel, The Commercial Appeal (Memphis), The Daily News Journal, The Newport Plain Talk, Union City Daily Messenger, WCMT, Martin.

You would be suprised how big of a freak Zeke Mason really is. If I am not mistaken he already made a kentucky signee look like a little kid with like 35 points. Correct me if I am wrong. On top of that his size like I have said before is not how he plays!! He plays like a 6'9 kid who can shoot the three. Down low he will make you look silly and I truly believe he can easily get big with Gaines if not out muscle him. I hope they do end up meeting, because i would definitely try and make that game! But who knows.

Those who voted for this week's poll are: The Leaf-Chronicle (Clarksville),The Daily Herald (Columbia),Cookeville Herald-Citizen, State Gazette (Dyersburg), Elizabethton Star, The Greeneville Sun, The Jackson Sun, Johnson City Press, The Knoxville News Sentinel, The Commercial Appeal (Memphis), The Daily News Journal, The Newport Plain Talk, Union City Daily Messenger, WCMT, Martin.

Looks like there are only 2 from Middle Tn that chose to vote so as in all politics they voted for the ones from their areas. A group that votes for a team who has been stripped of their wins can't know much to begin with.