Riverdale "RUMOR"

Lost Old Dad

riverdales record in rematches the last 2 years

ZERO AND TWO

rematches are where coaches have a chance to make adjustments from the previous game.

smyrna in 2006 and wc in 2007 made those adjustments while riverdale rolled out the same plan they used earlier.

coach adeylott is a good coach but he has made it clear he runs what he runs and he has been succesful enough with it that he is not going to change. the wing t you saw in week 1 will be exactly the same wing t you will see in week 10.

now as for smyrna being happy to play wc not riverdale in the playoffs--------------------------------------------- well smyrna did what they had to do and was there waiting for the rematch but------------------------ riverdale never showed up /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

THE! SMYRNA BULLDOGS 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPIONS

AND BACK TO BACK 5A STATE CHAMPIONS, A FEAT NO OTHER PUBLIC SCHOOL HAS EVER ACCOMPLISHED

riverdale

2005 - lost in semis

2006 - lost in quarterfinals*

2007 - lost in second round

2008 - ???

82 cat brings the hammer down...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Smyrna's got it done the last two years...they've earned the bragging rights.

On an unrelated note and getting back to Riverdale...sort of...I see where Christiana is advertising for a new head coach. That may bode well down the road.

saw where Cookeville is going to have their spring practice in Feb. Anyone else going early?

Does Riverdale have spring practice dates yet?

wow last2know i am surprised to see a post like that from you...i am a big supporter of RIVERDALE AND I LOVE MY WARRIORS and i always back them up but there are some things going on that i cannot back up and this is one of them...it is not uncommon for us to lose players this time of year so that doesnt surprise me but some of the particular players that have departed have surprised me..

What are u surprised about?? all i stated was that if Coach A was making the change to limit the number of players that was a call i cld not agree with. yes I have tried to support Coach A & yes I will alway support the WARRIORS so is it wrong to not always agree with every decision that a coach makes? but it is apparent that there is a lack of discipline going on & that creates a lack of respect which in turn creates a lack of team work. this all goes back to the head coach no matter who it is. I do hate that the players are dropping out. I do hope that some wld give it a second thought bc some that have the potential have baled but Riverdale sure could use them back on the squad. COME ON WARRIORS STEP IT UP GET THE PLAYERS BACK & GET THE MOMENTUM BACK!!

Could have already paid off at least 1/4 of that new football facility with the money used to line a certain pocket.

I am sure coach A pocket got lined pretty good or he would not have left hillsboro... if u guys think that these coaches really make a whole lot of money yall are crazy we are not the hoovers where the average houesehold income is over 100000 most of these coaches make about the same amount of money they are all teachers and they get a suppplement and maybe the boosters add a little to it but they are not making the riches yall think they are making

• 2 weeks later...

From what I hear, there needing as many players as possible. The coaches have already been going around getting there commitments for the workouts. With as many true senior players leaving, and the remainder mostly being juniors returning, there going to need as much depth as possible. Keep in mind there was little to no JV action this year. Where is the experience going to come from? I believe once agian you will see the hord of players lining the sidelines each game this season. It will be interesting to see who steps up this year. Any thoughts on the no name players that may make a stand?

From what I hear, there needing as many players as possible. The coaches have already been going around getting there commitments for the workouts. With as many true senior players leaving, and the remainder mostly being juniors returning, there going to need as much depth as possible. Keep in mind there was little to no JV action this year. Where is the experience going to come from? I believe once agian you will see the hord of players lining the sidelines each game this season. It will be interesting to see who steps up this year. Any thoughts on the no name players that may make a stand?

The biggest question is around the OL where we seemed to never substitute. I can envision sort of a lineup pretty much everywhere except the OL based on guys that got playing time last year. There are always a few surpises and I'd be interested to know some of the candidates as well.

They should be getting their first off-season weight test about now. Hopefully that info will get out to the web site.

Go Warriors!!