CoachT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best All Around Post- Glory Johnson, Webb

Best All Around Guard- Katie Brooks, Heritage

Best All Around Shooter- Bailie Roberts, Maryville

I think all three of these girls definately deserve to be at least nominees for the award. Glory is so much more athletic than others its ridiculous. Katie Brooks handles the game so well she is ultimately the reason Heritage is having such a great year. Bailie Roberts has the best pure jump shot I have seen in a long time. She also is a banger down low. Scary thing is she is just a junior.

Check out their stats coacht, those girls deserve it.

13AA has several outstanding players, I would hope that they would have a nominee for Miss Basketball in 2008. Most people will tell you that 13AA is the best and toughest AA district in the state from top to bottom. I dont have the stats on these players but I will mention a few names.

Chassidy Fussell, Soph. of Obion is the best player on the #1 team in the state.

Jana Roney of Obion was a nominee last year for Miss Basketball, great player.

Chantel Poston of Milan has committed to Purdue and had an outstanding season.

Amber Rechis of Westview, Soph. has carried Westview to a good season.

Heather Butler of Gibson County, Soph. is a complete player, future star.

Heather Griffin, Soph. is a workhorse for Gibson County and a good one.

If I had a vote, I'd vote for Chantel Poston this year but keep your eyes on the 4 Sophmores next year.

A

Kayla Christopher

Laken Lenord

Abby Andrews

AA

Lasha Davis

Kylie Lambert

Mariah Pietrowski

AAA

Jasmine Hassel

NIchole Dickson

Erin Helton

DII-A

Lauren Avant

DII-AA

Glory Johnson

I agree with most of these. But in AAA basketball you should be able use both hands, not just go left, And that is what iv seen three years now in the helton girl.

Jenilee is lots of help for Gibson Co. but doesn't get the points to be a Ms. Basketball candidate. If any player from 13AA is nominated it should be Chantel Poston. Jana Roney could be another candidate but was hurt a few games so that might slim her chances down a bit. I think in a few years, I know it won't happen, 13AA will have 3 of the top players in the state in this District. Obion Co. with Chassidy Fussell, Martin Westview with Amber Rechis, and Gibson Co. with Heather Butler. All 3 are Sophomores this year. Also throw in Heather Griffin from Gibson Co.

You have from now until February 8th to convince me who the nominees for Miss Basketball should be. Negative comments are frowned upon in this thread.

AA LEAH MCALISTER - EZELL HARDING - Sophmore year moved from Single A- Helped take team to AA Final four. 31-4

Junior year - Injured Team lost 12 games she did not play in. Team sent home by AA Runner up Marshall County.

Senior season - became Ezell Harding all time scorer,surpassing Honorable Mention All American and Former Miss BasketBall Finalist Miriska Reed. Team has lost 3 games while she has been out for injury this season. Top 6-8 ppg in the state. Against AAA #1 Hillsboro she put up 23, in a one point loss.

Team is Tied for first in District 9AA, after losing 2 games while injured. (10-2)

If Ezell Harding had stayed single A, this would be their 3rd straight Gold Ball season.

She should count as a 2.8 multiplyer. Total all-around player,D-1 signee for Lipscomb College.

I have seen a ton of players over the last 9 years and she is the toughest match up out there in AA.

Should be 9aa MVP, probably R5 MVP. My favorite to watch.

AAA Hassell wilson central, playing with T. Jenkins they won the state title together. She has been the most dominant player in AAA for the past 2 seasons. The success of Wilson Central over the past 3 seasons is arguable the best in the state. Another player who makes all of those around her better.

Both of these players will be playing in March in Murfreesboro.

Miss Basketball is a very special honor. There is only one player from East Tennesse worthy of that honor...Webb's Glory Johnson. She is a special player that is beyond numbers and accolades. That is why Summitt recruited her. She will be a national player for years to come. After watching some great players from Middle Tennessee, she is the only player from the East to compare. In AAA, there are several very good players but after watching the girl's from WC, Shelby, MJ, Hillsboro and so on, we do not have that special player to compare. There is a reason why the majority of AAA state champions come from mid Tennessee.