Obion Central Football Coach?

littleRebels

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could go from being in charge of recruiting at a D1 school to offensive cooridinator at a lesser college to head coach of a 0-10 school. What a great career move. He must be very good

What an idiot!!! You must know nothing about college football and how difficult it is to stay at one school. ANYWAY, Coach Jackson seems to be a great hire, similar to Coach Hill, but college experience is GREAT. Even if OC only gets a couple of years out of him, I am sure he will turn the program into a class act. Good Luck Coach and GO REBS!!!

What an idiot!!! You must know nothing about college football and how difficult it is to stay at one school. ANYWAY, Coach Jackson seems to be a great hire, similar to Coach Hill, but college experience is GREAT. Even if OC only gets a couple of years out of him, I am sure he will turn the program into a class act. Good Luck Coach and GO REBS!!!

That guy is just about downin' OC.....and I agree, he looks excellent on paper I just hope everybody gets behind him and supports him....

GO REBELS!!!

That guy is just about downin' OC.....and I agree, he looks excellent on paper I just hope everybody gets behind him and supports him....

GO REBELS!!!

You are exactly right about this person downing OC fellows, and I bet I can guess where he or she is from, I will give you one guess, my guess is Dyersburg!

You are exactly right about this person downing OC fellows, and I bet I can guess where he or she is from, I will give you one guess, my guess is Dyersburg!

WRONG /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> If you will look at all of his previous post, I dont think he has ever even posted on a Dyersburg thread. Good luck with your new coach. He seems like a good choice.

WRONG If you will look at all of his previous post, I dont think he has ever even posted on a Dyersburg thread. Good luck with your new coach. He seems like a good choice.

You maybe right, thanks for the vote of confidence, it just seems like a few dyersburg posters seem to love to bash OC at every chance they get

I go to college with a guy from Cape Giradeau, Missouri, and he said he knew Coach Jackson and that he was an awesome coach. He said he was a fun guy, but his team was always disciplined, and played motivated. That is what Obion Central needs. Obviously the region we are in these days we aren't going to have as many all out athletic kids as other teams. The spread offense, runned to perfection will win Obion Central games. It doesn't take a 4'4 guy to run a precise route. The spread offense if run correctly is hard to defend in high school. I was there to witness it. I played football at Central from 2000 to 2004 and running the spread is awesome for a team like central that doesn't have a 4'4 scatback and prolly never will. But we have never had a problem with lazy or undisciplined players. This offense, I think, will not only bring player involvement but the community will get back into it as well. I know when we ran it the stands were packed out to the max. That is a big confidence booster, and motivates kids to win games. Motivation is the biggest part of football. That being said, I went to a few games last year, and pregame is where it starts. Every player on the team was just standing there like a bump on a log. I know we were hooping hollering and head butting and everything else. I think it was some of the coach's fault. It is a coach's job to get his players motivated. I think also losing hurt their confidence, and prolly less and less people at their games probaly did too. I hope this new coach is left to do his job. Coming from Obion Central not to long ago, I was very embarrassed when I heard what happened with the coach that left after three days. Parents I know your heart is in the right place but let people do their jobs. If you were a carpenter, and the superintendant came up to you and said I really dont like how you nailed that board up take it down and nail it again. You wouldn't probaly be very upset and probaly would say a few hostile words to him. That being said, you know more about your job than a coach or a superintendant does, and I promise you they know more about theirs than you do. Lets get behind our players and leaders of the school, and get Obion Central back to where it needs to be. A team to compete with. I know I am very excited about this new coach and this offense and I can't wait to see where he leads this team. GO REBELS!

I go to college with a guy from Cape Giradeau, Missouri, and he said he knew Coach Jackson and that he was an awesome coach. He said he was a fun guy, but his team was always disciplined, and played motivated. That is what Obion Central needs. Obviously the region we are in these days we aren't going to have as many all out athletic kids as other teams. The spread offense, runned to perfection will win Obion Central games. It doesn't take a 4'4 guy to run a precise route. The spread offense if run correctly is hard to defend in high school. I was there to witness it. I played football at Central from 2000 to 2004 and running the spread is awesome for a team like central that doesn't have a 4'4 scatback and prolly never will. But we have never had a problem with lazy or undisciplined players. This offense, I think, will not only bring player involvement but the community will get back into it as well. I know when we ran it the stands were packed out to the max. That is a big confidence booster, and motivates kids to win games. Motivation is the biggest part of football. That being said, I went to a few games last year, and pregame is where it starts. Every player on the team was just standing there like a bump on a log. I know we were hooping hollering and head butting and everything else. I think it was some of the coach's fault. It is a coach's job to get his players motivated. I think also losing hurt their confidence, and prolly less and less people at their games probaly did too. I hope this new coach is left to do his job. Coming from Obion Central not to long ago, I was very embarrassed when I heard what happened with the coach that left after three days. Parents I know your heart is in the right place but let people do their jobs. If you were a carpenter, and the superintendant came up to you and said I really dont like how you nailed that board up take it down and nail it again. You wouldn't probaly be very upset and probaly would say a few hostile words to him. That being said, you know more about your job than a coach or a superintendant does, and I promise you they know more about theirs than you do. Lets get behind our players and leaders of the school, and get Obion Central back to where it needs to be. A team to compete with. I know I am very excited about this new coach and this offense and I can't wait to see where he leads this team. GO REBELS!

Good write up with one exception. A coach should provide motivation, but to say that they have to motivate them takes the blame off the kids. The players should be self-motivated to want to win. Why else play the game? Why put in the hours of practice if you don't want to win?

Obviously the players have somewhat sorta self motivation or they wouldn't be going out for the football team. A coach's job is getting his players to buy into what he is saying. That provides motivation! Pregame pep talks are very good motivators. I remember when we played Covington in 03 Coach Bowling gave a very good pre game speech and brought one of our teammates helmets that passed away, that he had bronzed. We had guys so fired up they were crying! Chills filled the whole locker room. It pumped us up to where we dominated Covington who later that year went to the State Championship. When Coach Hill came to Obion Central I remember all of the team was reading about him in the paper and I remember he said, " You give me a quaterback, I'll give you a State Championship!" That article got us excited about football. If you have your team standing around silent right before you run through that REbel football sign, it's your job as a coach to get over there and light some fire under their butts and get them pumped to play football. The players look up to the coach if they think that he is just going through the motions that is exactly what they are going to do. We have never had a problem with players not wanting to win games, and doing anything the coach ask to be able to do that. I asked Coach David Jones, who is coach hill's wing man defensive coordinator, when he came to see us graduate if he liked his knew school. He said yeah but the players aren't near as dedicated to winning as yaw are. Obion Central wants to win, they just need to be taught that losing isn't an option. That being mediocre doesn't cut it, the new coach will have to get them thinking that way again.

Obviously the players have somewhat sorta self motivation or they wouldn't be going out for the football team. A coach's job is getting his players to buy into what he is saying. That provides motivation! Pregame pep talks are very good motivators. I remember when we played Covington in 03 Coach Bowling gave a very good pre game speech and brought one of our teammates helmets that passed away, that he had bronzed. We had guys so fired up they were crying! Chills filled the whole locker room. It pumped us up to where we dominated Covington who later that year went to the State Championship. When Coach Hill came to Obion Central I remember all of the team was reading about him in the paper and I remember he said, " You give me a quaterback, I'll give you a State Championship!" That article got us excited about football. If you have your team standing around silent right before you run through that REbel football sign, it's your job as a coach to get over there and light some fire under their butts and get them pumped to play football. The players look up to the coach if they think that he is just going through the motions that is exactly what they are going to do. We have never had a problem with players not wanting to win games, and doing anything the coach ask to be able to do that. I asked Coach David Jones, who is coach hill's wing man defensive coordinator, when he came to see us graduate if he liked his knew school. He said yeah but the players aren't near as dedicated to winning as yaw are. Obion Central wants to win, they just need to be taught that losing isn't an option. That being mediocre doesn't cut it, the new coach will have to get them thinking that way again.

Actually...It's sad because rumor has it that Coach Hill and Coach Jones are no longer coaching together. I believe they had a parting of the ways, which is a very sad thing to hear because they seemed to be flawless together (as far as coaching is concerned)

As a longtime coach, I have to disagree and say talent is the biggest part. Motivation may be second. Now, talent + motivation really helps.

1.Appalachian State over Michigan - No. 5 and pre-season favorite to many Michigan loses to Division 2 App. State in the first game of the season

2.Stanford over USC - Stanford??™s win over USC is the biggest upset ever ??“ USC was favored by 40 points.

3. West Virgina loses to Pitt - in the Bakcyard Brawl, #2 WV heads to Pitt and loses 13-9 in the last game of the season

4. Kentucky over LSU - No. 1 LSU loses to UK in a triple overtime game, 43-37

5. Oregon State over Cal - No. 2 Cal loses with a frosh QB getting sacked on the 10 yard line when all they needed was a field goal to tie

6. Ohio State loses to Illinois - in the 2nd to last game of the season the #1 Buckeyes lose to the unranked Illini at home

7. Syracuse(+37) over Louisville - The second biggest upset also happened this season: Syracuse +37.5 over Louisville.

8. Missouri loses to Oklahoma - again! Oklahoma beats #1 ranked Mizzou in the final game of the season, a game that would've ensured a BCS title game bid

9. Rutgers over USF - #2 South Florida loses to then unranked Rutgers

10.UL Monroe over Alabama

I'd say motivation can overtake talent.