Obion Central Football Coach?

littleRebels

From the Lindenwood web-site...

http://www.lindenwood.edu/athletics/football/coach.asp

His next big step will be those new assistants..Some people are still going to be upset he is not from this area and that he has been a few places recently...

Give the man a chance,actually let him pick his assistants and practice and maybe play a game...LOL...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is one Rebel fan who is not upset about Coach Jackson being an outsider. Like OCVol said his resume does give reason for excitement. Obion Central has had success running the spread offense in the past with Wes Moore throwing for over 3000 yards and 37 TD's in 2002. This sounds like what the new coach will run. But everybody is going to have to have patients. Like Coach Jackson said in the Messenger, it can't be built overnight.

This whole thing is a joke! Obion County is the bottom of 7-3A. Why is everybody acting like they have won a bunch of games before. If they go .500 everybody should be happy. They are not a football school and never will be. Yea ya'll might have beat a few teams in the past(like covington) but who cares could they have overlooked you or could they just not play assignment football to stop option. This is a joke ya'll need to be on the basketball board since you are a basketball school

Covington didn't overlook us when we beat them.....We outplayed them all four years just two of those years Covington came out on top....and yeah we're not a football school, but that doesn't mean people can't care about this program....I for one, being an alumni, care and will continue to....Here's an idea for you, Get off the Obion Co Football boards and worry about other things than our problems..

Well, I'm glad that the team has a coach. When are they going to start spring practice? Looking forward to it.

I'm definately looking foward to whenever Spring Break....I'm gonna try to come up to watch some practice to see how they look.....Congrats on the hire....He looks like a good one....

GO REBELS!!!

i know several coaches over in ark and mo; they tell me that this guy has a great offensive mind and will work very hard....

they also report that at 2 schools he won more games in his first year than the schools had won in the previous 3 years combined.....

problem is, they also reported, after several years he becomes unhappy and likes to move to greener pastures.....

this guy has the history of turning programs around overnight........your biggest challenge may be keeping him....

Well this is one Rebel fan who is not upset about Coach Jackson being an outsider. Like OCVol said his resume does give reason for excitement. Obion Central has had success running the spread offense in the past with Wes Moore throwing for over 3000 yards and 37 TD's in 2002. This sounds like what the new coach will run. But everybody is going to have to have patients. Like Coach Jackson said in the Messenger, it can't be built overnight.

From all indications, you have a good coach. Good luck.

"GREAT HIRE" for Obion Central in Shawn Jackson. He has won at every school that he's coached at. I've personally watched his teams play while he was at Caruthersville, MO. and Hayti, MO. Those teams that was under his guidance displayed a very entertaining product. His offenses put up big numbers and showcase the very best players. During his years at Caruthersville his offenses was ranked in the top 5 in the state in almost every category. Putting points on the scoreboard was never the problem it was making sure the scoreboard had enough bulbs, lol. I believe that if the administration will show Coach Jackson the support that a head coach needs he could give that program the "spark" it has been missing over the past couple of seasons. Fans support those young men down in "REBEL COUNTRY" and lets get that program back to wear it should be. GO Rebels!

The new coach looks good on paper. I hope he stays with the program. OC had great success running the spread under Coach Hill, with many athletes in the mix. I hope Coach Jackson has great success as well. I hope that being a young coach will help the players to relate with him, and I feel they will be excited about his spread system. There are a lot of good players at OC, and even better kids. They deserve a quality coach to provide a stable program, and hopefully that's what they got. Coach Jackson will have his critics, but I'm sure he will get the support he needs to get the program back on track. Good luck and GO REBELS!!!

I wish I could go from being in charge of recruiting at a D1 school to offensive cooridinator at a lesser college to head coach of a 0-10 school. What a great career move. He must be very good

It's time to move on and get behind this new hire. Best of luck to Coach Jackson and the Rebels!