District 11AA Tournament

oakwood

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually the score was 70- 51 buddy.. yeah yalled play really good the first half but the second half we stepped it up. that was yalls best game out of the 3 is demarcus green playin ball anywhere in college? he has been impressive all three games

yea my bad on the score.... yea we playd alrite but still had a few too many missed shots under the basket. idk if demarcus is going anywhere to play yet. coach young sayd something the other day bout how there was a scout or two at one of our games late in the season there to see him but other then that idk. do yall kno when and where the district torunement is. its at Cheatham aint it? wat r the game times?

There have been several complaints about the officiating at Stewart County. Aren't those officials from the same association as the rest of the district?

most schools in the district are associated with the Dickson association. However, Stewart Co. and Mont. Cent. are associated with Clarksville. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the officiating across the board has been poor. I can't think of one game that we have played all year that I can honestly say that was a good officiated game. I don't know how you make these guys start becoming accountable for the calling they do but something needs to be done. Yes it gets us fans upset, BUT this game is for the kids or should be and the officiating that is taking place is doing nothing but hurting the kids and what they are learning from the unfairness. This is suppose to be teaching kids other things besides the game itself. It is to teach discipline and respect and fairness and it's not being taught by the officiating.

I think the officiating across the board has been poor. I can't think of one game that we have played all year that I can honestly say that was a good officiated game. I don't know how you make these guys start becoming accountable for the calling they do but something needs to be done. Yes it gets us fans upset, BUT this game is for the kids or should be and the officiating that is taking place is doing nothing but hurting the kids and what they are learning from the unfairness. This is suppose to be teaching kids other things besides the game itself. It is to teach discipline and respect and fairness and it's not being taught by the officiating.

Can you name a game where there was good officiating???? You hear people cry one way or another about bad officiating. You wont even remember this next season....

The officiating was extra bad. Calls were made to counter the previous call that was bad. Craig gets T's, looks like he deserved that one. You could hear Rawlings yelling time, and see the obvious ignoring look on the official. yeah, it was extra terrible.

Waverly won because they could and wanted to last night. Their bench is all sophmore and juniors, pretty awsome group, and will be even better next year if they play as a team in every game. They have one player that can jump out his shorts when needed and can shoot 3's. they have a couple others that can shoot very, very good as well, and can handle the ball good. Those three carry the team this year. Next year, there is a going to be a deeper bench. SC has a good bunch there and Craig gets alot out of them. Like someone said, officiating is giving sports a bad name around these parts. I don't see how an official can call that bad, unless he/she has another agenda. I was puzzled about how one SC player fouled alot but they didn't call fouls on him. I'm not talking about missed calls, I mean just plain obvious stuff. Oh well, game is over and gone.

Good luck to the Tigers. I have seen them play even better , and I agree, they could surprise us all and pull out another win or two before it's all over. Good luck to all the young boys pressing on towards the tournaments.

Guest thewaverytigerrock

does anybody out of the consulation game it into regional. i'm not sure.

I believe if waverly plays like a team they can win. justin Vogel such a good shooter i believe he can pull up for any mid-range shot and hit everytime. Ben Leonard is a exceptional highflyer except for the fact that he cannot dunk yet. Blake Hollis is a tough player so believe he is a good post. Cody gilbert is a good point guard. he can hit any where from the court, he can pass, he play great defense if he wants to. If josh Graham didn't jump to block every shot that is taken by the opponent he would be good. The tigers would more than likely be #3 or 4 if it wasn't for the fact that Mark Smith # 34 last year and corey Stephen our Quarterback and tight end in football. if they would of played we would have won most our games. Mark is one of the best 3-point shooters i've ever seen.

corey stevens is the best all around player i've seen in a while.

I believe if waverly plays like a team they can win. justin Vogel such a good shooter i believe he can pull up for any mid-range shot and hit everytime. Ben Leonard is a exceptional highflyer except for the fact that he cannot dunk yet. Blake Hollis is a tough player so believe he is a good post. Cody gilbert is a good point guard. he can hit any where from the court, he can pass, he play great defense if he wants to. If josh Graham didn't jump to block every shot that is taken by the opponent he would be good. The tigers would more than likely be #3 or 4 if it wasn't for the fact that Mark Smith # 34 last year and corey Stephen our Quarterback and tight end in football. if they would of played we would have won most our games. Mark is one of the best 3-point shooters i've ever seen.

Waverly, CreekWood, Harpeth, and Sycamore are the teams going to Regionals.. Are regions at Cheatham as well??