Region 7AA Tournament

Thank you Pioneer fans for giving me some insight. I'm sorry for the one on here whining because they really don't know how childish they look doing so. No ref can blow a 16 point lead, and I hope we will meet in state.

In regards to state...... Do you think either of those Memphis teams will be able to handle GC or Milan?

Looking at their weak schedules and losses, I say no.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unacceptable is the only thing i can say about that game!... Im usually the first to say good game but i refuse this time THAT WAS THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF S#!% I have ever seen in my life... Can a team get any more help from the refs... All i wanna know is check or visa?... Gibson county was allowed to flat out rape Milan the entire second half and dont even tell me Im wrong because LIARS GO TO heck... BULL S#!% is all that game was and it started at the beginning when the Haywood police harassed the Milan student body... And not only harassed but went after one imparticular who did absolutely nothing wrong, if you ask me even tho the cops were black it was racial profiling because he was the easiest target... It started when they broke into our huddle pushing us around without warning or provocation... They started yelling at us to put our shirts on, not asking us, yelling at us... All of us started acted upset at what had happened and were acting way worse than the kid they went after... All he said was, "What" in a manner that wouldnt threatin a fly... As soon as the words came out of his mouth the Cop jumped at him and gradded him... He immediately began to back down from the cop like I dont want any trouble man... the Cop wouldnt let him go and kept yelling at him... Not 10 sec later another cop jumps in... the first Cop was already three times the kids size and the other one was about his height... with out any provocation the littler cop yells, "I will take your head off" as a threat... It was totally uncalled for and they forcefully removed him from the gym... he was allowed to return but im sure the angry parents near yelling at the cops had every thing to do with that... It was totally uncalled for and should never have happened those Cops were out of control, if they had asked nicely there would have been no problem... Oh and i loved how they had nothing to say to the GC students for taunting the Milan crowd after the game, they didnt just rush the floor to celebrate in the middle(that would have been fine) but they got about 10 feet away from our bleachers only to yell insults... I was pulling for GC to make it to state to rep 13aa along with Milan but now i couldnt be happier if they lose this saturday!

Its funny, I'm sure if our students were out of line don't you think the police would have been there to check them back. I guess they were told to only pick on the miln student body...I see. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was an embarrasement how the student body and some players acted during the playing of the national anthem....I saw it all. And thats good sportsmanship to wish on girls who play the game they love. Show some maturity if you have any. Thats the most classless remark I have seen on coacht and I've been a member for a while. You guys need to learn how to loose with class. If any of the Gibson County girls read this post...keep your heads up. You play with class and it will Always win in the end. I'm proud of our students and our team. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thank you Pioneer fans for giving me some insight. I'm sorry for the one on here whining because they really don't know how childish they look doing so. No ref can blow a 16 point lead, and I hope we will meet in state.

In regards to state...... Do you think either of those Memphis teams will be able to handle GC or Milan?

I know this was not intended for me, but thanks for your reasoning . I have wathced a lot of basketball in my years and your right, refs don't sway a 19 point comeback. And as far as the teams from Memphis. Neither Milan or Gibson County should have any problems advancing to the 'boro. And contrary to that one poster who hopes Gibson County gets beat....what can I say. Classless. I hope they both do, because they both deserve it. Two of the best teams in the state need to advance. Cudo's to you. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well, I talked to someone on here *COUGH*heavyd*COUGH* and I was told that Booker T. Washington is very tall and athletic and also have a coach which most Memphis schools don't have. I do think home court advantage will tear BTW apart though! As for Milan, I don't think they'll have a problem in Memphis. Hillcrest does have Crystal Riley but Milan has Shameika Gray and Chantel Poston! I don't see Milan or GC getting beat! Anything's possible, Good Luck!!!!!

Congratulations goes out to both Gibson Co. and Milan! I've read the posts in this thread and if i might add i wasn't at the game but blaming the game on refs come on now... have you ever tried to ref a game? its harder than it looks and a ref will never get every single call correct and they will miss calls throughout the game... it is a player's job to adjust to how the refs are calling and play the game! Since i said what i wanted to say Congrats to both teams on a great season keep it up and make District 13 AA proud! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

First of all I didn't attend tonight's game @ Hawoooooood!! 2nd congrats to GC !!

I did speak to coach V, on the way home. He didn't mention anything about officiating, so I am considering it a non-factor for now. And to set the record straight "he did have a clue what was happening". He was more disappointed in that when Glenn fouled out and then Grey had to sit a long while, etc that most of the rest of the group completely folded.

That could be a good thing. It is good that something glared and can now be addressed and corrected. Can we say wake up call!! It could be the best thing for Milan for that to happen in a non-put out game.

I did see the Memphis teams play tonight. GC will absolutely destroy BTW. It will be sub time @ the 1/2. GCP, LNF, etc make reservations.

Milan however has a different situation. C Riley down 8 in the 4th, with just a few minutes to go , stepped up and carried her team to victory, just a a Div 1 signee should. R Wren is also a very good athlete. Hillcrest will give Milan some problems , as they are the quickest team Milan will have seen. Milan must handle the ball, and dominate inside as HC is very small. Milan will have a distinct size advantage, but does not match up well with all of the quickness HC has.

I'll admit, I shouldn't of said Volbert didn't know what was going on, but I'll say it happened so fast he couldn't do nothing about it. I'm glad you saw the Memphis teams play. My question is, you say Hillcrest was down 8 in the 4th. If you say Milan will have problems matching with Hillcrest and BTW was up on Hillcrest........what happened there? I'm hoping we blow BTW out of the water Saturday night. Good Luck to the 'Dawgs!

I'll admit, I shouldn't of said Volbert didn't know what was going on, but I'll say it happened so fast he couldn't do nothing about it. I'm glad you saw the Memphis teams play. My question is, you say Hillcrest was down 8 in the 4th. If you say Milan will have problems matching with Hillcrest and BTW was up on Hillcrest........what happened there? I'm hoping we blow BTW out of the water Saturday night. Good Luck to the 'Dawgs!

He called the timeouts, gave the correct things to do an tried to calm the troops. Players must execute and they did not. To improve , sometimes a step backwards is worth 2 forward.

BTW has a couple of big girls. Pate and Griffen will have them for a light snack!!, if they ever get the ball across 1/2 court. Look out front row, it's coming, duck. Last minute of the game, HC up 1 40-39. BTW chases Hc around the floor until 12 sec left and then decides to foul. The they wait until Riley has the ball and fouls her. Can you say ball game over. You guys had some folks there watching also. I'm sure we will be comparing each others notes tomorrow.

Hopefully both teams will be back equal again, and will meet for round 6 !! Are you ready to rumblllllllle!!! (couldn't resist)

Congratulations goes out to both Gibson Co. and Milan! I've read the posts in this thread and if i might add i wasn't at the game but blaming the game on refs come on now... have you ever tried to ref a game? its harder than it looks and a ref will never get every single call correct and they will miss calls throughout the game... it is a player's job to adjust to how the refs are calling and play the game! Since i said what i wanted to say Congrats to both teams on a great season keep it up and make District 13 AA proud! GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

Well, I was one of the lucky ones who got to see a very interesting game. It was entertaining to say the least, and I loved the passion of both crowds, this is what HS tournament BB is about. Anyway, Milan got all the breaks the first half and GC the second half. What killed Milan was the foul trouble with Glenn and Gray, and yes there were several very questionable fouls called. However, you have to deal with it. A 19 point lead in the second half should been enough regardless of Refs. Butler and GC stepped up big time. Hope to see these two play again next Saturday for the Gold Ball.

I'm a Milan fan and don't like to blame refs and just wanted GC fans input. The only thing I had to go on was Robin complaining on the radio about the refs because they scheduled the game on a stinking Wednesday Night /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well let me give you a little insight on Mr. Robin. He is a Milan suporter. Told me himself when I spoke to him back during football season and was wondering why they did'nt broadcast the Gibson County vs Peabody football game. Instead they elected to replay the USJ and Miln game which was played on Thurdsay. He preceeded to tell "were bullgodgs man". Then he reverted back a little becasue they are now a Jackson station he told me and tried to cover up. Then I reminded him that same friday night not only did they miss a great football game @ Peabody, Trinity was playing @ home that weekend...in Jackson???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Anyway he made it quite obvoius to me while I spoke to him on the phone that he was a bulldog fan. Which is fine, but I wonder how many advertisers advertised with his radio station from Gibson County and surrounding counties not just miln that pay his salary.

Anyway, he is a good announcer but you have to understand his allegiance is to milan (as he explained to me on the phone) when it comes to sports, but he has to to what the station tells him so thats not his fault. So I don't expect anything else from him. I did not listen to the broadcast so I cant say one way or another if he was blaming the loss on the officials. If he was, and if he is reading this, he might wan't to consider not many teams come back from a 19 point deficit soley based on bad officiating. He knows better than that. He should congratulate both teams and congratulate Gibson Co. for thier tremendous effort....you know we are talking about high school girls here. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Milan and Gibson County should advance to compete for a state title.

Guest nwtnsports

97.7 is a Jackson station that carries Milan sports. I'd like to add that Robin covered four of Gibson Co.'s girls' tournament games - he didn't have to, but it was nice that he did.

Robin is a really good announcer. I listened to the broadcast last night. He did say there were just a few questionable fouls on both sides. Traveling, which was called several times in the first half on both teams, was a little tighter than the officials we're used to. He followed that by saying that the girls would have to adjust to the referees that were calling the game.

I didn't hear, however, Robin blame Milan's loss on the officials. He gave lots of credit to Gibson Co.'s team and the way they came back in the second half. He said Milan didn't hit their shots, turned it over and couldn't stop Butler and the rest of the Lady Pioneers. He congratulated Milan on their effort, as well, and understands how big it is for this team to reach the sub-state.

Last night's game was much bigger than the happenings in a student section or what an announcer said on the radio. It was another great battle between two of the state's top teams - the fifth this season, no less - and an awesome accomplishment by these young ladies and their coaches. I heard there was a big crowd, which speaks well of the communities and support you guys give your high school athletes.