4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

I haven't heard that. My son will be a Jr. @ WC this year also. I guess we live in an area that wasn't affected so I didn't hear anything about it. I stand corrected. And you are correct about the new school being HUGE. I graduated from the old school and its kind of sad in a way to see the old place go. Lots of good times there!!

It was really weird the 1st time I sat on the visitors side of Elize Patton field.

What year did you grad?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they build a new stadium? I know it was always crowded at the old one and you had to get there early to get a seat. We have missed having MJ in 5A!

their athletic facilities are top notch, and i havent even seen the gym ("gyms," know they have to have some nice auxilaries) yet. the school was built up (3 stories) instead of spread out like murfreesboro schools, they had plenty of room for everything. baseball and softball fields, football game field and practice field, and their track is around the practice field so that will allow the fans to be closer to the action for football.

think they might have the best field in the state by their home opener, my fathers company is doing the sod installation right now, got about 40 more yards to go.

btw, 2p, the new coaches at oakland i spoke of earlier are dave thomas and his step father kurt bagley who was a freshman coach at riverdale

btw, riverdales new home jerseys are awful in my opinion. looks like we are getting away from the florida state theme more and more and switching to a boston college theme unfortunately. im not thrilled about that

i wish they wouldda got jerseys identical to our last ones with just stitched numbers added...i prefer the russell/nike gear they used to have over adidas, i think they are more of a soccer brand.

just opinions tho, fortunately it has NO affect on stuff that actually goes on on the field, stuff that matters. they just "might" look a little less intimidating

btw, riverdales new home jerseys are awful in my opinion. looks like we are getting away from the florida state theme more and more and switching to a boston college theme unfortunately. im not thrilled about that

i wish they wouldda got jerseys identical to our last ones with just stitched numbers added...i prefer the russell/nike gear they used to have over adidas, i think they are more of a soccer brand.

just opinions tho, fortunately it has NO affect on stuff that actually goes on on the field, stuff that matters. they just "might" look a little less intimidating

Dave Thomas ?? Don't you mean his Dad?? I thought his Dad left to go to KY?? I thought Dave Jr was playing football at Memphis State. If not, what in the world happened?

Dave Thomas ?? Don't you mean his Dad?? I thought his Dad left to go to KY?? I thought Dave Jr was playing football at Memphis State. If not, what in the world happened?

i played football with dave at East Carolina...and two months ago we talked and he (dave the dad) was in kentucky as a coordinator for a high school football team...

and he said dave jr. was playing at austin peay...

so which dave is coaching at oakland? or did i miss something...??? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If Dave is playing at Austin Peay, shouldn't he have reported to campus by now? How could he be able to help coach our freshmen?

BTW, great picture of Derek Barrett on the CoachT Home page. He played extremely well against Riverdale last year. I hope they get the same kind of production this year!

I will agree with the part about wishing WE still had Coach Mac and his staff at R'dale.

Coach Switzer I do not know about Blackman but considering Siegel's Principal is the BROTHER of the Principal at R'dale I can say YES football is supported by the administration. If nothing else their games against each other makes for some really fun family dinners for them. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

tdntn makes an excellent point about the sheer size of the schools here in Rutherford County and their dominance in 5A football in Tn. While we may not win every game against out of Region opponents, they do know they have been in a game every time. Williamson County can also say pretty much the same thing as they are pretty strong also. The next re-zoning of schools is going to be interesting as to whether the TSSAA tries to break up this power hold Middle Tn has on 5A football.

if the reclassification of schools ends up splitting the "powerhouse" rutherford county teams up how many gold footballs will rutherford county recieve????

here is my 2 cents...thtruth speaks alot of truth...but i'll try my hand

1. bulldogs win region again...will not win state again...but lots and lots of talent coming back that may be young...but fast....athletes everywhere and great coaching staff

2. the blaze rise to the occasion...take 2nd...and go to playoffs...their defense will be best in the region...BIG/tough/ experienced/ playmaking linebackers (6'4" 235lb...6'2" 215lb...6'3" 200) and they all can run...shut down db's...need some big/fast d-lineman to mature and step up...offense need to find a qb...but skill players and line can make it work...coaches at blackman step up as well...

3. Wilson Central...great coaching...proven system...enough players to scare or beat anyone...

4. and 5. riverdale and lebanon fight for the last playoff spot...my vote goes to lebanon with good senior class...lebanon must change there scheme to be more sucessful and come out and play consistent verses great one week and never show up the next...riverdale will compete for the last playoff spot because of good coaching and hard work...but they will struggle like they have not in years...if they do not learn to pass...they may go 5-5 or worse. most games...they will simply be out-manned by the upper class of the region...

6. (i follow thtruth)...oakland...change takes time

7. and 8. see thtruth comments about lavergn and siegel

dad you need to lay off the crack for starters.....seeing how your so called D-1 son only seems to play that way in practice when every one else is going half speed.......was it not you who was crying at the independence game because the young and outstanding youngman named vick stepped up and showed ev-1 how a LB was supposed to play that position????? as i remember you were at the fence begging for your son to be put back in.....of course as a major donator to the program i guess coaches felt obligated but again he performed like a 7th grader playing his first football game............get real and learn the BLACKMAN BLAZE REVOLVES AROUND ALOT MORE THAN YOUR SO CALLED D-1 PLAYER.......................

dad you need to lay off the crack for starters.....seeing how your so called D-1 son only seems to play that way in practice when every one else is going half speed.......was it not you who was crying at the independence game because the young and outstanding youngman named vick stepped up and showed ev-1 how a LB was supposed to play that position????? as i remember you were at the fence begging for your son to be put back in.....of course as a major donator to the program i guess coaches felt obligated but again he performed like a 7th grader playing his first football game............get real and learn the BLACKMAN BLAZE REVOLVES AROUND ALOT MORE THAN YOUR SO CALLED D-1 PLAYER.......................

ha.real mature. for one, if you knew patton you'd know that him and crack are impossible. Josh Patton is one of the best linebackers in the state. Wow..just wow..your post cracks me up.. I don't even know how to handle this. Pattonsboydad...there's no need to reply to this guys post. He isn't showing you up...He just drank some tonight and he embarrassed himself enough already. The pattons are a very humble family and are the true definition of team players. And the so called d1 son has received full scholarship offers from d1 schools. And another thing moron. We didn't even play Independence this past year and there was no Vick at the school in 06 other than the principal and Carl who only played basketball. But nice call /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...Get off the T

ha.real mature. for one, if you knew patton you'd know that him and crack are impossible. Josh Patton is one of the best linebackers in the state. Wow..just wow..your post cracks me up.. I don't even know how to handle this. Pattonsboydad...there's no need to reply to this guys post. He isn't showing you up...He just drank some tonight and he embarrassed himself enough already. The pattons are a very humble family and are the true definition of team players. And the so called d1 son has received full scholarship offers from d1 schools. And another thing moron. We didn't even play Independence this past year and there was no Vick at the school in 06 other than the principal and Carl who only played basketball. But nice call /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ...Get off the T

as you can see "blazereality" has only posted twice...it is either someone playing around with me or someone who does not like me and is trying to show me up instead of coming to me and telling me personally...

i think he is talking about the independence scrimmage this spring...the # 2's and # 3's went in first and the # 1's went in last...and he is speaking of "page vick" who is our 3rd team middle linebacker and who did get 2 interceptions during that scrimmage (and he might have been the 2nd team guy during the scrimmage because of guys being out...i am not sure)

i was actually really proud of Page Vick and told him and his parents that myself...he has been hurt over the last year or two and i was excited to see him playing and having fun...i actually coached Page during middle school so i know the kid and like the kid

funny...i have never given one dime to football...but i have raised alot of money for the wrestling program because wrestling had nothing and football has other folks and backers who can give

as for josh's playing ability...i'll let that defend itself along with his post season and preseason awards and rankings, etc...i just wonder why you would get on the T and slam the guy...

and i do agree with him...the blaze is alot more than my two sons...and should be...and i want it to be...and it will be......my comments that he responded to were back in february when i thought josh and jess and dewaun brown were going to be playing linebackers...and i only meant that would be the strong suit of their defense...and you notice i did not mention any names...

this guy sounds hurt and jealous...