4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

Then, if you didn't go, and that quote is your source...here's a suggestion...find a new one. This work day was good for both teams, very intense and physical. MJ looked much more polished in the perimeter game, Oakland was better inside. The defensive front for Oakland is going to be a handful for regional opponents. For MJ, their future looked very bright from the freshmen. As usual with a first week scrimmage, defense was ahead for sure for both teams, but with the first group, I didn't see either group run all over the other by any means. Oaklands second offense moved the ball more effective than the first (as did MJs)...definitely 180 yards of football everywhere yesterday.

Well, this isn't about freshmen, I would assume OHS didn't even take theirs. What part of my quote do you disagree with? You even agree that our defensive front looked good and that we ran the ball well....anyway, not here to argue, yet....but people on here know I have the best sources

Anyway, true test comes this Friday when Brentwood Academy comes to town.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, Solid One, what changed your mind? Glad that you saw the light no matter what though. It is good to see you back posting once again. You have been missed. I am just still a bit shocked! I may have to treat you to a couple of hot dogs!

Well, I was able to catch about the last 45 mins of our scrimmage against MJ. Of course by that time, it was mostly the younger guys....but I was able to see an intensity that has been lacking for quite awhile. I had forgotten that Anthony Amey is the dang STUFF! I have liked him since he was a soph and thought he turned in solid performances then....but dang you can sure tell he is a sr. I think he is one of my favorites !! No doubt the defensive line will be the strength of this team. It usually is, and whoever gets the opportunity to coach them now is very lucky to inherit this group. They have always been taught solid fundamentals and technique and combine that with experience and you will see some tough kids! MJ is a well-coached team with a solid coaching staff. They won't give up and will fly to the ball.You know you have been battle-tested once you go up on those guys! I was pleased with what I saw thus far but know we do have some work to do. I was also happy to see the amount of depth we have at many of the key positions. I really am in need of a roster as I have no clue who the sophs are. It was sad to see familiar faces missing on the sidelines and on the field, but dang I still love Oakland football! I am anxious to see them take on BA! Glad to see we are up to take the challenge. The BA fans are great and I always enjoy talking to them. Go Patriots!

Well, this isn't about freshmen, I would assume OHS didn't even take theirs. What part of my quote do you disagree with? You even agree that our defensive front looked good and that we ran the ball well....anyway, not here to argue, yet....but people on here know I have the best sources

Anyway, true test comes this Friday when Brentwood Academy comes to town.

Just the "we ran all over them" part. I saw a good second team offense...I did not see that AT ALL with the first team apart from one play in short yardage. I think 2Priceless is dead on...Oakland was intense, excited and experienced. MJ matched the first two, and I am sure will work on the third. Oakland brought a good size group of freshmen, and you are right, I also am not one to argue, especially if it is with a person that was not present (although Def Leapord is a good excuse). Oakland's defense might just match up with BA (1s at least)...

WOW, Solid One, what changed your mind? Glad that you saw the light no matter what though. It is good to see you back posting once again. You have been missed. I am just still a bit shocked! I may have to treat you to a couple of hot dogs!

Well, I was able to catch about the last 45 mins of our scrimmage against MJ. Of course by that time, it was mostly the younger guys....but I was able to see an intensity that has been lacking for quite awhile. I had forgotten that Anthony Amey is the dang STUFF! I have liked him since he was a soph and thought he turned in solid performances then....but dang you can sure tell he is a sr. I think he is one of my favorites !! No doubt the defensive line will be the strength of this team. It usually is, and whoever gets the opportunity to coach them now is very lucky to inherit this group. They have always been taught solid fundamentals and technique and combine that with experience and you will see some tough kids! MJ is a well-coached team with a solid coaching staff. They won't give up and will fly to the ball.You know you have been battle-tested once you go up on those guys! I was pleased with what I saw thus far but know we do have some work to do. I was also happy to see the amount of depth we have at many of the key positions. I really am in need of a roster as I have no clue who the sophs are. It was sad to see familiar faces missing on the sidelines and on the field, but dang I still love Oakland football! I am anxious to see them take on BA! Glad to see we are up to take the challenge. The BA fans are great and I always enjoy talking to them. Go Patriots!

Why thankyou, I'm glad to be back. The reason I have become a Oakland fan is because my little brother is on the freshmen football and basketball teams. So even though he can be annoying at times, I still have to support him, which also means I now support Oakland /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Why thankyou, I'm glad to be back. The reason I have become a Oakland fan is because my little brother is on the freshmen football and basketball teams. So even though he can be annoying at times, I still have to support him, which also means I now support Oakland /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

While schools ties are fine, blood playing always matters more. That is why folks got confused when I supported R'dale even though I am a Smyrna alum. SON was much more important than any school I attended back in the stone age. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What is fun now is the fact I don't have ties to any school and can just go out anywhere and just enjoy football for what it is. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

While schools ties are fine, blood playing always matters more. That is why folks got confused when I supported R'dale even though I am a Smyrna alum. SON was much more important than any school I attended back in the stone age. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What is fun now is the fact I don't have ties to any school and can just go out anywhere and just enjoy football for what it is. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I understand completely. While I truly love Siegel, my brother comes first. Even though my loyalty has changed to Oakland, my main goal is to stay as objective as I possibly can. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Booooo, have fun supporting Oakland basketball the next couple years, you wont have to worry about making state in that for sure. Football though I have a feeling Oaklands on the rise. I think they have found a great coach.

I have no problem supporting a program during the lower years. I'm a University of Kentucky football fan and I had no problem supporting Siegel basketball during the 06-07 season. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />