4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

so you are saying that the past administrators of tackett and nolan didnt support the football team?...

I think what 2p is trying to say is that the adminstration didnt back up their words with actions. Some of the underlying factors in why the previous staff had a rough go of it was because they were always looking for coaches, when you have no continuity and no chance to build up your coaching staff, it affects the program as a whole. I think there is also some dissapointment that the administration didnt show this kind of support to the previous staff, but I am going to dig into the past, because there are some that were for change and there were some of the other side of the fence, it is Mac's turn now.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No (Wr, Trk, CC), But my young Bro Craig (82) played for Flatt.

So you grad. with "Hulk", Crouch, Williams etc....

Do you ever see Robert?

Haven't seen Robert in years, I did see Tim Bryant the other day. He is a minister now.. Used to see Williams all the time when his son played for WC.

81 here, did you input your address into the zoning program on the county website?

I live in Poplar Point, east of West Elem. (Old Cooks farm). They extended the East boundary of

MJHS to include the road on left before Cooks Church (on Lebanon rd/Hwy 70).

I think the Southern boundary stayed the same?

I am unsure of a western boundary change?

Cody Woods WC Lineman (6'6" - 360#?) was to be rezoned. He decided to stay @ WC.

Cody Woods has quit playing.

Wow, he told my oldest son that he was going to stay @ WC

because he thought they had the best chance of winning

state. Whats up with WC and lineman? They seem to leave

after a year or two? Lots of quality kids walking the halls!

Is it just a part of football or are they just suffering alot of

injuries @ WC?

Wow, he told my oldest son that he was going to stay @ WC

because he thought they had the best chance of winning

state. Whats up with WC and lineman? They seem to leave

after a year or two? Lots of quality kids walking the halls!

Is it just a part of football or are they just suffering alot of

injuries @ WC?

I really don't know whats happening, but I know for sure they are really working hard over there. My son is also a lineman @ Central and he has been in the weight room and running all summer. They started 2 a days this morning and have a scrimmage this Fri. Getting excited !!!!!!

Dave Thomas is coaching? What a lousy role model to expose children to. Cheated his way through school or was given grades to pass. Couldn't pass the act. Couldn't pass class to even stay in college. A thug to the core on the playing field and off. Brilliant move there, oakland. Yea, I want to be just like him. Our future is brighter than ever now at the other region schools.

It is pretty funny to me to see everything old 2p hated about Riverdale in his own backyard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can't wait to see him try to defend all their dirty deals. I think it is called "poetic justice."

No one mentioned that Smyrna, under its new coach won the 7 on 7 passing tourney at Western Ky. They also won the Big man's Challenge. They won't skip a beat this year.

He is moving to Middle Tn Christian.

Dave Thomas is coaching? What a lousy role model to expose children to. Cheated his way through school or was given grades to pass. Couldn't pass the act. Couldn't pass class to even stay in college. A thug to the core on the playing field and off. Brilliant move there, oakland. Yea, I want to be just like him. Our future is brighter than ever now at the other region schools.

It is pretty funny to me to see everything old 2p hated about Riverdale in his own backyard. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can't wait to see him try to defend all their dirty deals. I think it is called "poetic justice."

No one mentioned that Smyrna, under its new coach won the 7 on 7 passing tourney at Western Ky. They also won the Big man's Challenge. They won't skip a beat this year.

Where is Mid. Tn Christian located?

When/If McDaniel wins big at Oakland, nobody will care so long as Oakland is back where it should be, near the top of the region year in and year out. I dont remember a year where there was so much excitement among the students and school, and I hope that fans and my fellow alumni will go on faith and continue to support Oakland, even under the change of a new regime.

Just looked at some of the team photos today for Oakland, over 90 players make up the roster. I cannot remember the last Oakland had so many guys on the roster, maybe in the few years after Marty's State Championship. Numbers may not be everything, but having extra bodies for practice and for depth certainly cannot hurt. McDaniel has done a good job of selling his vision to the school, community and its students.

Oh I bet you are enjoying it big boy. There is no denying that I want to win, but to do it with honor and integrity. I don't want to see rules bent , nor will I support or tolerate any rule-bending no matter the school. This goes for Oakland , in every single sport. If I find out otherwise I will not be defending anyone. PERIOD!

riverdaleman, Nolan and Tackett both supported but could not get the teaching positions that we needed to hire coaches. Of course everyone knows Nolan leaned more toward helping the baseball team first, and Tackett's first love was bball. Everyone knows football was put on the backburner despite its past success. I never felt like Kenny's heart was in our football. It is obvious that someone there has some input at the board these days b/c we are getting some teaching positions opening up like the other schools have always had. Maybe it is the IB program, maybe it is something else. But....We couldn't get any additional teaching slots to hire anyone the last 5 years of Siegel opening. That happens when your enrollment drops to the smallest 5A school in the county and state, that and tripling your free lunch population. You become the red-headed step-child. ( no offense meant to any posters that are red-headed or step-children) I just don't know where we are coming up with the money to pay all these coaches. I assume they are pulling another Riverdale and splitting supplements in halves and fourths. I would not like a pay cut to pay for all the extra bodies myself, especially as tight as things are these days. I don't know how we have that many teaching jobs open to hire so many either, and wopuld think that the other sports might get upset..... and I thought there was a limit on volunteer coaches?? But I guess if Riverdale got by with it, we can too. I am looking forward to seeing what this team can do. I have a feeling that Barrett is going to kick butt along with Sam Bass! I can't wait to see them play once again along with Brandon Messick!

As for the 6'6" boy quitting at WC, his heart must not have been in it. If I had had that size.....geeeeeezzzzz, I would be DYING to try for a scholarship. Middle Tn Christian is a small private school in the Boro, that just captured the back-up QB from Riverdale. I am sure that was why fballismyhero made that crack. Doubt it is true.......like many of his remarks! Congrats to Smyrna and Coach Williams for the win at WKU. How did the Blaze do there? Also big thanks to Coach Strickland for taking over and pinch-hitting for Coach Wells as he recovers. Good luck!

btw, riverdales new home jerseys are awful in my opinion. looks like we are getting away from the florida state theme more and more and switching to a boston college theme unfortunately. im not thrilled about that

i wish they wouldda got jerseys identical to our last ones with just stitched numbers added...i prefer the russell/nike gear they used to have over adidas, i think they are more of a soccer brand.

just opinions tho, fortunately it has NO affect on stuff that actually goes on on the field, stuff that matters. they just "might" look a little less intimidating

[/i totally agree with u on the awful lookin jerseys, saw the team pics in the dnj this morning, terrible just terrible ugh, whats next no more chop, bc fight songs,

I thought the photo galleries of football on the DNJ site were really good. It was great to see pics of players so you can associate numbers and faces. Just wish they had had a roster along with it. But heck, we will take what we can get. Best part was seeing Oakland's and Brandon Messick as the first pic on it. What a great young man and inspiration!