Creek Wood vs. Bolivar

papatiger

Well, Bolivar struggled with Harpeth for a half and blew it out in the second half. You could tell that Harpeth really missed Trey Caruthers tonight. I think the outcome would have been really different with him.

Creek Wood beat a very good Sycamore team tonight with tough defense and excellent shooting. Coach Taylor, great job.

Bolivar is very, very deep, but I think Creek Wood is more fundamently sound. That's the reason I'm picking Creek Wood to take the Region title in an upset.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fractured his hand in an accident on Saturday.

ouch. sorry he missed the game but glad Bolivar blew the game away second half.

I haven't seen Creek Wood, but i'll say fundamentals will get you through part of the game, but if you don't have the depth and talent, you'll quickly be worn down.

That being said, at least both teams have 2 games left. GO BOLIVAR!

Bolivar is a fundemental club to. It might go unnoticed with the pace they play. Bolivar will beat Creek Wodd handily. Harpeth was the only school with a chance to beat Bolivar and see what happend. The Caruthers kid wouln't have matterd. I've seen him and he had major troubl with Bolivars ball pressue last year. I'm sure he is better this year but Bolivar plays really agressive defense. Caruthers (did I spell it right) is a nice talent and will play in college just like his teamate Larry Bird.

Bolivar is a fundemental club to. It might go unnoticed with the pace they play. Bolivar will beat Creek Wodd handily. Harpeth was the only school with a chance to beat Bolivar and see what happend. The Caruthers kid wouln't have matterd. I've seen him and he had major troubl with Bolivars ball pressue last year. I'm sure he is better this year but Bolivar plays really agressive defense. Caruthers (did I spell it right) is a nice talent and will play in college just like his teamate Larry Bird.

Sycamore/Harpeth/Creek Wood are very close in abilities. Harpeth usually struggled when someone had an inside game and they don't knock down their threes. They feed off of one another. Without Trey, that hurt tremendously. Sycamore took the district by a storm early, but the team that is peeking in our district is Creek Wood. Don't underestimate them. They are a fundamental team and they are deep too. It will be a very, very close game.

Actually at the first of the District tournaments, I picked Creek Wood to win it all. They stumbled in the districts, but I don't think Harpeth was the best of the three to have a chance to beat Bolivar. This is the way I would rank as the chance to beat them: 1Creek Wood 2 Sycamore 3 Harpeth

Good Job Creekwood Red Hawks for beating the Sycamore War Eagles, 53-46, that 60 point beat down of Waverly finally came back to bite you didn't it Sycamore? Good luck to the Red Hawks in their game against Bolivar. I'm pulling for you. By the way, way to go Aaron #42 for leading the Red Hawks with 15 points in the victory.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THE TIGERS WOULD ONLY HAVE WON BY 20 INSTEAD OF 30 POINTS IF THE CARUTHERS KID WOULD HAVE PLAYED. MAYBE THE BETTER TEAMS IN YOUR DISTRICT SHOULD SCHEDULE MORE HIGH CALIBER TEAMS TO PLAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON LIKE BOLIVAR THEN MAYBE THEY WOULD PLAY BETTER DURING TOURNEY TIME /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well, Bolivar struggled with Harpeth for a half and blew it out in the second half. You could tell that Harpeth really missed Trey Caruthers tonight. I think the outcome would have been really different with him.

Creek Wood beat a very good Sycamore team tonight with tough defense and excellent shooting. Coach Taylor, great job.

Bolivar is very, very deep, but I think Creek Wood is more fundamently sound. That's the reason I'm picking Creek Wood to take the Region title in an upset.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I'M PRETTY SURE THAT THE TIGERS WOULD ONLY HAVE WON BY 20 INSTEAD OF 30 POINTS IF THE CARUTHERS KID WOULD HAVE PLAYED. MAYBE THE BETTER TEAMS IN YOUR DISTRICT SHOULD SCHEDULE MORE HIGH CALIBER TEAMS TO PLAY IN THE REGULAR SEASON LIKE BOLIVAR THEN MAYBE THEY WOULD PLAY BETTER DURING TOURNEY TIME /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You mean like CPA, Livingston Academy, Clarksville Northeast or Dickson like Harpeth did this year or the Panama City, FL and Murray, KY tournaments they were in last year when they played some of the stronger teams in Florida, Georgia and Kentucky? Here's an idea. Know what you're talking about before you post. Caps Lock is just to the left of the 'a' for the ergonomically challenged.....

I agree that Trey Carruthers might not have made a difference in the outcome, but you never know. He's the best athlete on Harpeth's team, a great penetrator and assist guy and he can knock down the 3. Last year, he was a sophomore. This year Georgia Tech came and watched him play. The only reference that will make sense to Bolivar fans are the 2 games against McNairy Central where he scored 25 both games. In the first game, Trey scored 23 of his 25 in the 4th quarter. Bolivar's got a good team. I think they'll handle Creekwood because of their athleticism and depth, but I would pay to watch a Bolivar/CPA matchup.