Multiplier finished, most likely

Indian

Old Pirate says yeh, go ahead Bighurt and show all of us how that private school education made you more intelligent. OP should not even respond to such a ridiculous question. But OP will try to help you out. The fact is SP has always played bigger schools with more students/players. It is only recently that with the new privates in Chattanooga that SP is sometimes playing schools with less enrollment.

OP is NOT complaining about the numbers, it's about the lying about incentives for prospects. OP's sister is a neighbor to a big private school coach that would readily provide names of the so-called privates that they compete with for prospects. OH,YES Please keep asking questions and continue with denials. This message board is a weapon, just ask TT. Some more will be caught before long.

I only attended and graduated from public schools - elementary, high school, college and grad school. I never said I was more intelligent than you or anyone else.

I was responding to your post -

"Old Pirate says here we go another private (Boyd Buccanan) complaining about the number of players.

???The move didn??™t set us back. We have been fairly competitive,??? Reynolds said. ???Numbers hurt us. A lot of the 2A schools we play carry 70-75 kids, and Smith County had 80. We have 53-55 kids in our best years, and when you get into injury situations the numbers put you behind the curve.???

Well Hello, Coach Reynolds, the small 1A public schools "NEVER" have near the number that BB has, and their kids are home grown and not recruited from various middle schools, neighboring states and counties.

Example: South Pitt, normally 35-36 players, about 20 players less than BB and the rest of the normal privates. OP says "No sympathy here Buc fans"

1. "Old Pirate says here we go another private (Boyd Buccanan) complaining about the number of players." You accused the private school supporter of complaining.

2. "Example: South Pitt, normally 35-36 players, about 20 players less than BB and the rest of the normal privates. OP says "No sympathy here Buc fans" Aren't you complaining about the same thing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the BB and SP games have become a great series! OP hopes the series never............................................ ends. No............ OP is not scared... simply just tired of the private's denials about incentives such as: breakfast programs, future preacher programs, boosters paying tuitions and etc. Since you don't know OP be careful about attempting to hurt his feelings.

Please don't attempt to convince anybody that BB wants to continue playing up in classification. The problem coach Reynolds was referring to is one the small schools have "always" had to contend with and yes one BB faced when starting up their program. The privates don't have the same challenges as the rural public schools. The publics have to take "ALL" kids regardless, where the privates pick and choose. Since OP has family that attend BB. BB would be the school of choice for OP, if OP was young & living in Chatt. OP is very familar with the current public school situation in Chatt. that ranks poor.

OP can be friend or foe depending on the amount of truth one is willing to render up for discussion. But don't attempt to make it sound as if all has been on the up & up.

Wealthy boosters are around for usually a short period of time and prospecting can produce lean times.

OP says if it smells like a skunk, then it can only be a skunk.

I'm interested in the incentives you mentioned.....

Could you elaborate on this? Also, if any area coach knows what you do, aren't they obligated to report this to TSSAA, or be just as guilty?

I only attended and graduated from public schools - elementary, high school, college and grad school. I never said I was more intelligent than you or anyone else.

I was responding to your post -

1. "Old Pirate says here we go another private (Boyd Buccanan) complaining about the number of players." You accused the private school supporter of complaining.

2. "Example: South Pitt, normally 35-36 players, about 20 players less than BB and the rest of the normal privates. OP says "No sympathy here Buc fans" Aren't you complaining about the same thing?

Old Pirate says, Bighurt, sorry for the presumption you were a private grad. The point OP was referring to was simply, the small rural public school always have faced larger numbers and don't have the pick of the litter students/players. As for complaining, No, it has always been teams with more players than SP as a rule. For years SP played Jasper,Seq,. Cty, Grundy, Bledsoe that were higher classification programs and would now if not for the current overload in their region with all the Chatt privates.

However for BB boosters,fans or coaches to take the position that moving up did not slow them down is plain bull. The Bucs record would have been much better and they could have beaten a lot of playoff teams.

???We went through a spell where Boyd-Buchanan had a hard time beating us, and there was a time when they were beating us,??? South Pittsburg coach Vic Grider said. ???The people that complained (about playing Boyd-Buchanan) were the ones that couldn??™t beat them. I never questioned how they do things.

???On the other hand, I??™m a public-school guy and I understand the gripe there. The way I look at these things is to let somebody else figure it out and let me just coach football.???

BRAVO for Coach Grider!!!! He has the right attitude about the whole thing.