Middleton VS Bradford

middletondj

I can't root for a team/coach who has a 30 point lead, 4 minutes to go in the game, his starters still in, and is using a full court press.

??????????Correct me if I am wrong. Bradford played all 19 players. If you are playing your starters against 3rd and 4th string and that 3rd string is pressing, so what? They need the experience of a sub state game and deserve to be able to play all out. I agree with Pirate. At this point in the season, we should be doing everything we can to get better. Pressing is Bradford's game and will have to be played a full 32 minutes to win from now on.

Apparantly you failed to see that Bradford was pressing with 4 minutes to go in the game, a 30 point lead, and the STARTERS still in the game. That will come back to bite you at some point. If your coach wanted to give real substate experience to his jv players, he should have played them the entire 4th quarter, not the last couple of minutes of the game. Afterall, it is not like the game was in doubt.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Bradford all the luck in the world, because they are from the GC area. They will have to be on their A game though. It shouldn't be a wide margin difference in the score in any game really because everybody there is going to put their best foot forward in performing as well as everybody being good seeing how they did get this far. I think it should be a really good game!

As for the coach still playing his starters and pressing at the end with a 30 point lead-- I don't think that is tacky. Yes, the others need to get a feel of things as the game was surely not in jeopardy, but I do think that an agressive coach will do that very thing and anybody who knows Coach Paschall knows he is just that. I commend him for what he has done this season and wish he and the girls all the luck. Those girls needed to stay in and play like it was a 2 point game and was coming down to the wire in preparation for this week at the Boro.

Bradford will not win this game....

For the person that said Bradford beat GC.... how in the heck can you base a state game to that early game vs. GC? If Bradford and GC played today, Bradford would lose by 20-30. Throughout the season, Butler has become a player that will be up for Ms. Basketball for the next 2 years, and that whole team has become amazing.

If Bradford played in a tough district/region, then Middleton must have the easiest district/region in the whole state because Bradford played in a region where past good teams like Trenton, Gleason, West Carroll, etc... all had down years.

Bradford loses this game by 13

Bradford will win...They play in a stronger district and have beaten Gibson County,who has a shot at winning the AA state title..

Bradford by 8.....

Well Middleton Has beat some really good teams this year as well but remember it doesnt matter about past game who u beat or anything it comes down to who wants it more and if the lady Tigers play like they have all year then watch out they have played almost every game as hard as they could and they wanted it more and i expect they will be playing harder then ever they want to put a Gold Ball to go along with those that the Boys have brought home over the years.

For the person that said Bradford beat GC.... how in the heck can you base a state game to that early game vs. GC? If Bradford and GC played today, Bradford would lose by 20-30. Throughout the season, Butler has become a player that will be up for Ms. Basketball for the next 2 years, and that whole team has become amazing.

If Bradford played in a tough district/region, then Middleton must have the easiest district/region in the whole state because Bradford played in a region where past good teams like Trenton, Gleason, West Carroll, etc... all had down years.

I'm with you on the idea that you can't for one second base Bradford's beating GC one of our very first games of the season on them winning their first state game. GC had a rough night that night and we have come a very very long way since then. However, Bradford has had a better year than they have had in a long time and I wish them the best being from W. TN. It's going to be a tough road for everyone at the state tournament.

I'm with you on the idea that you can't for one second base Bradford's beating GC one of our very first games of the season on them winning their first state game. GC had a rough night that night and we have come a very very long way since then. However, Bradford has had a better year than they have had in a long time and I wish them the best being from W. TN. It's going to be a tough road for everyone at the state tournament.

I wish them well too because like you said they're in Gibson County. However, maybe I shouldn't judge the whole fan base on a couple of fans, but the ones I've ran into think they're back in the days with the Henson girls. Then they say, "Milan would get beat if they played Bradford again...." even though we took our starters when up by 22.

Sorry to the sane Bradford fans, but being in Bradford a lot some people just rub me the wrong way when trying to analyze basketball lol

Yea, saying Bradford will beat Middleton due to the fact Bradford beat GC is "BOGUS". If anyone was at the game between GC/Bradford @ GC it was absolutely ridiculous. It was by far our worst game we played all year and several of our players got in foul trouble. No way! is Bradford like they were back in the Henson days. Bradford has been a streaky team this year they started off losing a HOF game to USJ (whom GC beat 64-16), they won a couple of games including the GC victory then lost to an AVERAGE Gleason team, then lost to a pretty good Peabody team, won a couple of games then drilled by a very good Milan team, then they won 8 in a row and then lose twice to a decent Dresden team and a decent Humboldt team and then go unbeaten through the tournaments......that's very streaky if you ask me...Bradford will go as Proudfit goes...If Proudfit doesn't go, Bradford won't go...

Amen, amen and amen! lol /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I give props to Coach Paschall and I also agree...

Bradford basketball is not anywhere remotely close to where it was when the Henson girls were there. I happen to be friends with one of them now and she and her sister were truely the real deal of Bradford. Hopefully they can get a win up there; let's hope GC can too.

I was at that GC/Bradford game that night and it was CRAZY. The officiating was horrendous and our girls fell apart. They just couldn't get a break. I wish Bradford all the luck in the world, but they def. shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch.

In a re-match, I go with GC all the way.

Good post, you are right in your points although I think the game will be close.

Good luck to Bradford at the state tournament. You never know what could happen, all it takes is three great games and you're state champs. Proudfit has got to step up and play her best basketball of the season and Bradfords defensive pressure will rattle alot of teams.