Marshall Co. vs. Gibson Co.

mcfan10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Gibson Co. for sure is in the tougher bracket and don't know much about Marshall County. I'm sure they're good.

When you look at strength of schedule and rankings Gibson Co. should win. Were tested for sure.

I did notice early in the year OC killed them, but there has been a lot of basketball played since then.

Anyway, it will be difficult at this stage for anyone. I can only hope Gibson Co. plays up to their potential and we'll see how the chips fall.

Go Gibson Co. Looks like it very well could be a 13AA championship match up. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thoughts?

From looking on CoachT...under strength and success... Marshall Co. did not have the schedule that Gibson Co. had... we are ranked #1 in Strength and Success.. which means that our opponents were also ranked pretty high... So however it turns out... Marshall county will know what it feels like to play a team that can really PLAY.. we are strong in all areas... and we are coming to PLAY & WIN!!!!!.... Gibson County may be young... but we have the talent to take it all the way...

Go Lady Pioneers!!!!

Gibson County does have the harder schedule for the regular season and has been playing really good TEAM ball lately, which is extremely important. They need to go up there with their heads on straight, never looking past a team until the last buzzer sounds and play solid for 4 quarters and they have the game. However, I do think that it should be a really good match up. GO LADY P's!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I feel that this will probably be one of the tougher games that GC will play to date. I mean it is the state tourny so all the teams are going to be good. But after watching the Lady Pioneers evolve every game and get better, i can honestly say there are no limits on what they can do. All i do know is that if GC is down by 20 or more at the half, get ready for the Heather Butler show! With her ability to step up and lead and make shots, Griffins abilty to get the rebounds and make big plays, the quickness of Jennings, Garners threes, and Pates D, we should be in very good shape. As far as our bench goes, we have nothing to worry about. Schlesinger can do her job, and Murphree and Huey can put up some serious D. But it's gonna be an awesome game, and Congrads to all the teams that made it to the Burro.

im gonna pick GC by 8.

Championship game i pick GC vs Milan, it would be cool.

I'm going with the coaching. (The wizard of Westview) at Gibson Co. over what ever you got at Marshall Co.

Kevin Mac gets in to their head. Turns them into transformers. Makes Sophmores play like Srs. and Freshmen play like Jrs. Either way, his next years bench will be better than your next years starters.

I go with Gibson Co.

How does that sound , Pioneer fans?

Go Pioneers.

I'll see some of you in the 'boro.

I'm going with the coaching. (The wizard of Westview) at Gibson Co. over what ever you got at Marshall Co.

The "what ever you got at Marshall Co." is David Steely, Co-Coach of the Year in District 10-AA along with Lewis Co.'s Larry Helton. Marshall's Assistant Coach is Boyd West who was an assistant at Shelbyville for several years before coming to Marshall.

Having seen Marshall Co. play in eight games this season, they have played under par in some games and still won by 20 pts. It's not so much their potent offense that an opponent has to worry about, it's their defense. Every player has an off night every now and then, but Marshall has players that step up and deliever the points or defensive playes to get the win.

Interesting first round game.. When you get to this point and you are among the Elite 8, everyone is good /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Marshall Co. has most everyone back from last year's state tourney runner-up team. yes, it's true that an opponent of Gibson Co. in 13AA , Obion Central played Marshall Co. way back in November over the Thanksgiving holidays at a tournament in Columbia and the Lady Rebs played one of their better games of the season in defeating Marshall Co. 51-35. It was probably one of the best defensive efforts the "OC" had vs. Marshall Co. BUT AGAIN, this took place over three months ago and I'm sure Marshall Co. is a much better team.

AS for GC, the Lady Pioneers are playing well despite the fact they are a relatively young club led by an outstanding sophomore in Heather Butler. Another Sophomore by the name of Heather Griffin plays

well inside. Coach McMillan and wife's main concern with this group is consistency for four quarters which you have to bring your "A" game when you get to the "BORO".. The Lady Pioneers last lost was to Obion Co. in the consolation game of the district tourney that went into overtime. They battled back from a huge deficit and defeated Milan in come from behind fashion in the Regional Finals. Pressure defense is this club's calling card and their offense will feed off of that. IF the Lady Pioneers can keep the nerves under control early in the contest and withstand the early Marshall Co. scoring with a group of veterans, I think GC will be okay in this game.

Best of luck to the Ladies of Pioneer land /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />