Greeneville vs. Millington

dodgerdude

After doing a little research on Greenville...I have one question, Is it a misprint about them losing to Morrison-West earlier this year?... Morrison-West finished last in the league, but beat Greenville?

Not a mis-print. Morristown West finished last in a very balanced league behind Greenville, but made it all the way to a sub-state game with Oak Ridge.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicole is about the same size as Rachel Collins, Collins may be a little bigger at 6'2" and Dickson at 6'. Dickson is Greeneville's Candace Parker (of course there is a talent difference but they are used almost exactly alike) Dickson brings the ball up the floor plays forward, guard, and post. Can shoot from deep play facing the basket and has one of the best turnarounds in Women's basketball, PERIOD. She is gonna score her 20-30 points. The key to beating Greeneville is pressing them and making them turn the ball over. We were up 30 in the sub-state game and started turning the ball over and had to hang on to win. The key for Greeneville offensively is PG Devin McIntyre (sp?) and SG 2 guard Morgan Shipley. If these two are knocking down shots from the outside its usually a long night for the opponent. Rachel Collins has the ability to dominate the paint if she plays aggressively. Expect this In your Face D from the opening tip. Dickson 20-30, Collins 10-15 and the rest of the gang will be the deciding factor. Brianna Kelley is deadly from 10 to 15 feet.

Orange, you don't have to tell EVERYTHING you know, lol...just kidding...I'm sure Millington will be studying our films as we will theirs. Any team that makes it to this point is going to be very talented so it should be a great opening game. Hope the Lady Devils come out on top. They deserve it!

You are right...It should be a great game.... This is Millington's first trip back to the Boro since 1994 under then coach Kevin McMillan (now at Gibson County) and is only the schools third trip to the state tourney in history. In 1928, Millington won the state title with a victory over current 14AAA member Bartlett and In 1994, Millington lost in the Quarter Finals to Powerful Oak Ridge.

Hopefully Greeneville's state tournament experience will show in this one. With Millington being a young team, perhaps they'll be a little bit more nervous than the Greeneville girls who have been there before. If Greeneville can control the tempo then I say they will win the game in one of their typical low scoring games.

West Tennessee basketball is not known for their girls teams. Yes Millington is 35-1 but looking at their schedule nothing jumps out at you and says wow thats an impressive win. Being from Memphis they are probably going to be very athletic and will want to make us get out and run. Tempo will be a key part of this game. If Greeneville can keep the score around 45 or lower Greeneville wins. Im not going to predict anything because I haven't seen them play.

Nicole is about the same size as Rachel Collins, Collins may be a little bigger at 6'2" and Dickson at 6'. Dickson is Greeneville's Candace Parker (of course there is a talent difference but they are used almost exactly alike) Dickson brings the ball up the floor plays forward, guard, and post. Can shoot from deep play facing the basket and has one of the best turnarounds in Women's basketball, PERIOD. She is gonna score her 20-30 points. The key to beating Greeneville is pressing them and making them turn the ball over. We were up 30 in the sub-state game and started turning the ball over and had to hang on to win. The key for Greeneville offensively is PG Devin McIntyre (sp?) and SG 2 guard Morgan Shipley. If these two are knocking down shots from the outside its usually a long night for the opponent. Rachel Collins has the ability to dominate the paint if she plays aggressively. Expect this In your Face D from the opening tip. Dickson 20-30, Collins 10-15 and the rest of the gang will be the deciding factor. Brianna Kelley is deadly from 10 to 15 feet.

Okay, let's get some things cleared up as I have personally watched this team play several times this year. First Dickson is only 5'11" to 6' - no more. Collins is 6'1" at the most. Comparing Dickson to Candace Parker is just wrong in so many ways. Dickson is a good player but seems to lack a good work ethic and heart. How many games has she scored 20-30 points? I have witnessed her being held to much fewer points. I can not envision her as a large Division I college recruit from what I saw this year. I have also watched her play AAU ball and she is by no means the star of the team. By the way, we from East Tennessee are accustomed to the constant bragging and inflation of the Greeneville team from their fan base. Good team...yes. Best team in the state...I doubt it. Greeneville can and has been beat this year by teams less talented than the Millington team.

Okay, let's get some things cleared up as I have personally watched this team play several times this year. First Dickson is only 5'11" to 6' - no more. Collins is 6'1" at the most. Comparing Dickson to Candace Parker is just wrong in so many ways. Dickson is a good player but seems to lack a good work ethic and heart. How many games has she scored 20-30 points? I have witnessed her being held to much fewer points. I can not envision her as a large Division I college recruit from what I saw this year. I have also watched her play AAU ball and she is by no means the star of the team. By the way, we from East Tennessee are accustomed to the constant bragging and inflation of the Greeneville team from their fan base. Good team...yes. Best team in the state...I doubt it. Greeneville can and has been beat this year by teams less talented than the Millington team.

wow this is what we call JEALOUSY over Greeneille...

And who did your daughter play for? Sounds like sour grapes. Nichole is one of the 3 nominees for player of the year AAA. We in Greeneville are proud of it and had little to do with it. Morristown West upset GHS, but thats why they play the games. Other Losses include Shelbyville (not a bad team to play, at Shelbyville), Upperman, Knox Webb (just finished 2nd in privates) and Livingston Academy. They also beat the defending Florida state champs, large school division with 4 division I signees. Thats right, already signed. Will GHS win a game at the states, I don't know. Will they go to win, yes. 5 trips in a row says a lot about the GHS program. Who is your program so that we can discuss it on another thread and who is your star player as well. If our team was 20-15 like so many other schools, then would we have more right to discuss and ..... yes maybe even brag about our team on the T. Support East Tennessee BB. I always pull fot NE TN. good luck to SHHS and D-B boys tonight.

wow this is what we call JEALOUSY over Greeneille...

Not in your lifetime and don't flatter yourself! Sorry, the truth hurts and I do have 40+ years of personal experience with the Greeneville "ego" - by the way I was born at Laughlin Hospital and Dr. Hal Henard (your gym's namesake) was my personal physician for many years. I will not respond to any more posts. Let's see if Greeneville and their players can match what you Greeneville fans boast.

Logging out.......................

Not in your lifetime and don't flatter yourself! Sorry, the truth hurts and I do have 40+ years of personal experience with the Greeneville "ego" - by the way I was born at Laughlin Hospital and Dr. Hal Henard (your gym's namesake) was my personal physician for many years. I will not respond to any more posts. Let's see if Greeneville and their players can match what you Greeneville fans boast.

Logging out.......................

Cant take the truth can ya?