Greeneville vs. Millington

dodgerdude

Okay, let's get some things cleared up as I have personally watched this team play several times this year. First Dickson is only 5'11" to 6' - no more. Collins is 6'1" at the most. Comparing Dickson to Candace Parker is just wrong in so many ways. Dickson is a good player but seems to lack a good work ethic and heart. How many games has she scored 20-30 points? I have witnessed her being held to much fewer points. I can not envision her as a large Division I college recruit from what I saw this year. I have also watched her play AAU ball and she is by no means the star of the team. By the way, we from East Tennessee are accustomed to the constant bragging and inflation of the Greeneville team from their fan base. Good team...yes. Best team in the state...I doubt it. Greeneville can and has been beat this year by teams less talented than the Millington team.

Nicole is a good kid who works hard at improving her game. She doesn't hoot, holler or show-boat like so many other players. She averaged 18 points a game this year whilst routinely being double and triple teamed.

The poster who compared Nicole to Candace Parker was not comparing their respective 'games' - the poster was merely comparing how they are used.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in your lifetime and don't flatter yourself! Sorry, the truth hurts and I do have 40+ years of personal experience with the Greeneville "ego" - by the way I was born at Laughlin Hospital and Dr. Hal Henard (your gym's namesake) was my personal physician for many years. I will not respond to any more posts. Let's see if Greeneville and their players can match what you Greeneville fans boast.

Logging out.......................

Pretty sad for a person of your apparent age to talk about a 17 year old kid . . . Perhaps a few more years of experience will do you good. Not 6"- who cares, she dominates. And to say she doesn't have heart. She is just not an "in your face" player.

Nicole is around 6", so what if its five ten players are listed taller than they actually are all of the tme. Do say Nicole is not very good is just foolish. She does take possessions off, but the great ones can do that. I have ySet to see a player in Tennessee that I would want the ball in her hands more than I would want Nicole to control it. And by no means was I saying Nicole is as talented as Candace Parker. Nobody is but Candace Parker. But if you have 40 years of experience and have seen Nicole play, you obviously haven't seen Parker play because Dickson is used in the exact same way. She can play any position and for the most part play them as good as anybody in the state.

Millington facts-

Run a 1-1-3 defense that traps when the ball is gone to the corner, the wings are left open for threes and if the ball goes to the courner the elbow of the free throw line is open almost all the time. This is dangerous and plays into Greeneville's hands because Kelley can be deadly from there, and even better Dickson gets the ball at the elbow you can chalk up two points or an assist.

Best player is a 6 foot post who likes to beat and bang in the paint.

Have a girl who shoots 45% from behind the three point line.

Strength of Schedule is 69th (Memphis basketball is weak).

Young team certainly lacking the experience Greeneville has.

35-1, loss coming to Houston.

Nicole is around 6", so what if its five ten players are listed taller than they actually are all of the tme. Do say Nicole is not very good is just foolish. She does take possessions off, but the great ones can do that. I have ySet to see a player in Tennessee that I would want the ball in her hands more than I would want Nicole to control it. And by no means was I saying Nicole is as talented as Candace Parker. Nobody is but Candace Parker. But if you have 40 years of experience and have seen Nicole play, you obviously haven't seen Parker play because Dickson is used in the exact same way. She can play any position and for the most part play them as good as anybody in the state.

Millington facts-

Run a 1-1-3 defense that traps when the ball is gone to the corner, the wings are left open for threes and if the ball goes to the courner the elbow of the free throw line is open almost all the time. This is dangerous and plays into Greeneville's hands because Kelley can be deadly from there, and even better Dickson gets the ball at the elbow you can chalk up two points or an assist.

Sorry but our loss didn't come to Houston, we beat them by one at the beginning of the season in overtime and a week later we beat them by 35. We lost to our district rival Bartlett who is also in the state tourney.

The strength of schedule rank will get you in trouble if you are going to soley follow that to judge memphis area bball. Some of the schools don't keep their stuff updated which causes this kind of data to be off a bit.

We are a very young team but don't underestimate their desire to win. They've won 4 tournament championships this season. We should be competitive.

Millington facts-

Hope your assessment of Millington is correct because you are right, Kelley, Shipley and McIntyre will wear it out thus opening things up for Dickson and Collins. Just a note about Nicole Dickson -- she is so smooth as an athlete, it sometimes appears she is not giving it her all. But she is giving it everything she's got and gives 100% of her heart in every game. I just love this team because they are just crazy about each other and their coaching staff and that will get them a long way. They all have the heart of a winner...GO LADY DEVILS ALL THE WAY!

Hope your assessment of Millington is correct because you are right, Kelley, Shipley and McIntyre will wear it out thus opening things up for Dickson and Collins. Just a note about Nicole Dickson -- she is so smooth as an athlete, it sometimes appears she is not giving it her all. But she is giving it everything she's got and gives 100% of her heart in every game. I just love this team because they are just crazy about each other and their coaching staff and that will get them a long way. They all have the heart of a winner...GO LADY DEVILS ALL THE WAY!

Coach Gat, I was thinking Bartlett when I posted that but I was watching the Houston Rockets and for some reason put Houston lol. And Im not trying to say you're team isn't good but when is the last time a team from Memphis did anything in the State Tournament???? And I hope the 1-1-3 is your style of defense. That may be good against a bunch of "athletes" from Memphis, but that leaves too many holes for a halfcourt O. And we wanna slow it down, so any kind of zone you wanna play is greatly appreciated.

Ghsbballfan, your so right about how these girls work together. There is no doubt they play for each other as much as themselves, most take this lightly but it leads to things such as the extra pass for a layup instead of a ten footer. After the substate game the entire team, even their coaches went to applebees to eat and celebrate. Its about time we take our A game to Murfreesboro.

Coach Gat, I was thinking Bartlett when I posted that but I was watching the Houston Rockets and for some reason put Houston lol. And Im not trying to say you're team isn't good but when is the last time a team from Memphis did anything in the State Tournament???? And I hope the 1-1-3 is your style of defense. That may be good against a bunch of "athletes" from Memphis, but that leaves too many holes for a halfcourt O. And we wanna slow it down, so any kind of zone you wanna play is greatly appreciated.

Ghsbballfan, your so right about how these girls work together. There is no doubt they play for each other as much as themselves, most take this lightly but it leads to things such as the extra pass for a layup instead of a ten footer. After the substate game the entire team, even their coaches went to applebees to eat and celebrate. Its about time we take our A game to Murfreesboro.

No problem about the game, it's easy to do. Well Memphis Northside and Memphis East made a lot of noise in the state tourney. East lost to Riverdale in the Semi's last year and Memphis Northside lost to Riverdale in the Finals. We beat both teams this year in the Thanksgiving tournament, the Christmas tournament and in the Substate game. We really don't play a 1-1-3 defense. I really don't like that defense. We play a man mostly but sometimes a zone. Sometimes it's hard to say what we are running because we change it up a lot. Lately we have been doing a lot of different stuff.

You all have a great program that obviously has great coaching. Your young ladies will be a tough team for us. However, Memphis gets a bad rap but it's actually some really good basketball being played out this way.

I don't know how anybody can say that Greeneville has a cocky fan base. We may have a few who run their mouth a little bit on here, but they don't represent the entire fan base. And trust me, I know we're not taking a 35-1 team lightly no matter what kind of schedule they played.

I don't know how anybody can say that Greeneville has a cocky fan base. We may have a few who run their mouth a little bit on here, but they don't represent the entire fan base. And trust me, I know we're not taking a 35-1 team lightly no matter what kind of schedule they played.

It's all in good fun. It should be a very fun game to watch. I hope that both teams bring their A game. Many blessings to you all.

coachgat, good luck to your team thursday man! I will most likely hang around for awhile and watch your game as you guys play right after us! I must say that GC team that you played over at Martin and beat by 16 or 17 or whatever ya'll beat us by is a WHOLE different team than what you played then. Heather Butler (#11, PG) is playing absolutely awesome and our team has just played so much better now. I look forward to getting to watch you guys play up in Murfreesboro! You have a very athletic group of kids that can play!