Greeneville vs. Millington

dodgerdude

coachgat, good luck to your team thursday man! I will most likely hang around for awhile and watch your game as you guys play right after us! I must say that GC team that you played over at Martin and beat by 16 or 17 or whatever ya'll beat us by is a WHOLE different team than what you played then. Heather Butler (#11, PG) is playing absolutely awesome and our team has just played so much better now. I look forward to getting to watch you guys play up in Murfreesboro! You have a very athletic group of kids that can play!

I'm sure you all are a different team. You all have an awesome coaching staff and a great group of players. We will be at your game to cheer you all on as well.

We are playing a lot better too. If we carry our same intensity and defensive pride over into our game on Thursday as we've had in our recent games and practices, we should be pretty competitive. The girls aren't coming to just say hi to the boro. They see all the talk about how we haven't played anyone and how our team is young and trust me, it's just making my job of motivating them a lot easier. They've been overlooked a lot this season and they know they have a lot to prove. We are coming to play and play hard.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I haven't done much research on your schedules but with the athleticism you guys have on your team is unbelievable...you guys remind me of this years Milan team but ya'll have athleticism in all 5 spots! I must say, you guys will have one of the most athletic teams up there in all classifications. Go out there and prove all these folks wrong!!! GOOD LUCK!

olID=338&SportID=2"]Millington[/url] facts-

Run a 1-1-3 defense that traps when the ball is gone to the corner, the wings are left open for threes and if the ball goes to the courner the elbow of the free throw line is open almost all the time. This is dangerous and plays into Greeneville's hands because Kelley can be deadly from there, and even better Dickson gets the ball at the elbow you can chalk up two points or an assist.

Best player is a 6 foot post who likes to beat and bang in the paint.

Have a girl who shoots 45% from behind the three point line.

Strength of Schedule is 69th (Memphis basketball is weak).

Young team certainly lacking the experience Greeneville has.

35-1, loss coming to Houston.

Man.... No disrespect....But your FACTS have a ton of holes in them.....

This should be an exciting game to watch. Sounds like both coaches have a good team. Looking at the facts about this game I do believe that Greeneville is the underdog in this game. Millington would be the favorite. They play sound basketball and have a coach that keeps them in position to win. I have enjoyed reading their coaches post the past two years. Everyone can agree that basketball is different in Memphis than in East Tennessee. Not necessarily anything bad!! I do believe that you see more athletes in the Memphis area.

My thought on the gam:

Greeneville must continue to play sound defense like they have all year. These girls are not getting much credit for the success of the program. Greeneville needs to come out and get an early lead just like the past four games. Dickson must be smart and not force any shots. The rest of the team needs to continue to play the same way they have all year. The fun thing about watching this team is that you don't see any "I" in it. They like to be just a team.

Millington must continue to do what they have all year. The bright lights will be different, but with an excellent coach they will adjust and be ready. If they won't get caught up in the moment then expect a very even game.

I predict that Greeneville will win this game with a total team effort. I know that there is not many giving them a chance, but that is what these girls live for.

For those who think Greeneville is happy to just make it......Well just wait and see!!!!!

Good luck Coach Gat, but in this one I hope you all lose.

This should be an exciting game to watch. Sounds like both coaches have a good team. Looking at the facts about this game I do believe that Greeneville is the underdog in this game. Millington would be the favorite. They play sound basketball and have a coach that keeps them in position to win. I have enjoyed reading their coaches post the past two years. Everyone can agree that basketball is different in Memphis than in East Tennessee. Not necessarily anything bad!! I do believe that you see more athletes in the Memphis area.

My thought on the gam:

Greeneville must continue to play sound defense like they have all year. These girls are not getting much credit for the success of the program. Greeneville needs to come out and get an early lead just like the past four games. Dickson must be smart and not force any shots. The rest of the team needs to continue to play the same way they have all year. The fun thing about watching this team is that you don't see any "I" in it. They like to be just a team.

Millington must continue to do what they have all year. The bright lights will be different, but with an excellent coach they will adjust and be ready. If they won't get caught up in the moment then expect a very even game.

I predict that Greeneville will win this game with a total team effort. I know that there is not many giving them a chance, but that is what these girls live for.

For those who think Greeneville is happy to just make it......Well just wait and see!!!!!

Good luck Coach Gat, but in this one I hope you all lose.

Very honest post! "Good luck and you hope we lose." That was so funny in a good way. Hey, that's why we play the game.

Well I played the Three point shooter in practice against the girls yesterday and that was the type of D we ran against them the majority of the time. Thats what we picked up on film before practice and we will watch some more today. But at least our coach isn't on here instead of trying to fix those holes.

Look, I'm not a Millington guy or anything. If anything we are in direct competition. That said, I have NEVER seen anything posted by Coachgat that stirs the pot. He has only been supportive of his team and positive about everybody. Give him a break.

Look, I'm not a Millington guy or anything. If anything we are in direct competition. That said, I have NEVER seen anything posted by Coachgat that stirs the pot. He has only been supportive of his team and positive about everybody. Give him a break.

I'm not saying he has said anything bad, but if it were my coach, or any coach for that matter it is foolish to be on here posting anything when you have much more important things you could be taking care of. As a future coach I already know that there are things of much greater importance to be taking care of when getting ready to play in the state tournament. There is no reason to be on here defending your team, you should be worried about them doing it with their play not by their coach running their mouth.

orange~is~tradition

"Well I played the Three point shooter in practice against the girls yesterday."

No doubt that was a quality practice. What they don't have enough depth to simulate another team. Go home, get a empty 16 ounce drink bottle. Put water and sugar in it and then a nipple on it and suckk that a while. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Do ya'll still have the same coach from 4 years ago. He was class. 5 years in a row to state is awesome.

I'm not saying he has said anything bad, but if it were my coach, or any coach for that matter it is foolish to be on here posting anything when you have much more important things you could be taking care of. As a future coach I already know that there are things of much greater importance to be taking care of when getting ready to play in the state tournament. There is no reason to be on here defending your team, you should be worried about them doing it with their play not by their coach running their mouth.

Again, if he were on here boasting, being prideful, and giving no credit to Greenville then I would agree with you. I understand where you are trying to come from but saying the guy is running his mouth is a bit if an overstatement. Win or lose you can be sure he'll be the first to congratulate Greenville on a great season.

orange~is~tradition

"Well I played the Three point shooter in practice against the girls yesterday."

No doubt that was a quality practice. What they don't have enough depth to simulate another team. Go home, get a empty 16 ounce drink bottle. Put water and sugar in it and then a nipple on it and suckk that a while. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Do ya'll still have the same coach from 4 years ago. He was class. 5 years in a row to state is awesome.

No to me that is giving your team credit since they had two guys who played varsity basketball this year, I played varsity last year and we had the two leading women's basketball scorers in Greeneville history. I think it does them good to practice against people better than them rather than to practice against five freshmen.

And we'll see who's sucking on what about three thirty on Thursday when the mighty west is once again eliminated.

Again, if he were on here boasting, being prideful, and giving no credit to Greenville then I would agree with you. I understand where you are trying to come from but saying the guy is running his mouth is a bit if an overstatement. Win or lose you can be sure he'll be the first to congratulate Greenville on a great season.

First off please learn how to spell Greeneville, secondly when you have posted like ten to fifteen times on two different threads that is wasting a lot of time that could be spent much more wisely than what he is using it for. Do you not agree with that??? That's the only point im trying to make.

orange~is~tradition

From what I hear it WAS a great practice. Our whole team (depth included) practices UP against college players and many times against very athletic boys to keep us on our toes as often as possible. Just smart coaching I'd say.

The coach 4 years ago left after that year to go to Shelbyville. His successor, Stacia Crumbley, has ably brought the last three teams to the state tournament. Coach Burkey was and is a class act and a homegrown Greeneville boy but things work out for a reason and we are happy with the coaching staff we have now. If Shelbyville doesn't get put out by Oak Ridge (who Burkey was the assistant coach for a few years back-his story has more plot twists than a good soap opera, lol), perhaps Greeneville will have another shot at them this year. We played them in the pre-season quite well with an injured Nicole Dickson so it would be an interesting match-up.

Got to get past the Millington team first and that's all the Lady Devils are focusing on right now!