Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks from the East and Middle just better hope they get paired up in the same bracket because if they are in opposite brackets it's an automatic lock for Union City and Manassas to be in opposite brackets..

What??? of course if they are in opposite brackets then they are in opposite brackets!!!

I guarantee you that Union City will see what happened to humboldt and they will be a little worried....

Why would Union City be worried!?!?!?!?!?! They played against better teams in the Poplar Bluff tournament!!!!! AGAINST 5A and 6A SCHOOLS!!!!!!!! that were nationally ranked! you can't say that....I'm sure they know they'll have their hands full but no need to be worried or scared...that's how you'll lose games if you come in and worry and be scared...

and I meant to say "if they are in opposite brackets it's an automatick lock for Union City and Manassas to be in the state championships". typo..

What??? of course if they are in opposite brackets then they are in opposite brackets!!!

I guarantee you that Union City will see what happened to humboldt and they will be a little worried....

Manassas is probably the most athletic team in any class in Tennessee this year...I listened to it on AM1190 and even the Humboldt announcer spoke about how Humboldt was just outclassed by the better team tonight...

Of course, it didn't help that Humboldt's best shooter was 1-11 from 3 point range...Humboldt couldn't throw it in the ocean in the 3rd period and that's when Manassas went on a 17-0 run..

Now, notice I said most athletic...Not the best team...Union City, in my eyes, is still the odds on favorite but make no mistake about it...Manassas is very capable of giving them all they want and more...

Good luck to both teams...Represent West Tenn basketball well...

Why would Union City be worried!?!?!?!?!?! They played against better teams in the Poplar Bluff tournament!!!!! AGAINST 5A and 6A SCHOOLS!!!!!!!! that were nationally ranked! you can't say that....I'm sure they know they'll have their hands full but no need to be worried or scared...that's how you'll lose games if you come in and worry and be scared...

and I meant to say "if they are in opposite brackets it's an automatick lock for Union City and Manassas to be in the state championships". typo..

gotcha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't mean the players as much as the fans....players usually play (especially on good teams) fans worry...(especially fans who talk a lot of smack!!!)

Manassas is probably the most athletic team in any class in Tennessee this year...I listened to it on AM1190 and even the Humboldt announcer spoke about how Humboldt was just outclassed by the better team tonight...

Of course, it didn't help that Humboldt's best shooter was 1-11 from 3 point range...Humboldt couldn't throw it in the ocean in the 3rd period and that's when Manassas went on a 17-0 run..

Now, notice I said most athletic...Not the best team...Union City, in my eyes, is still the odds on favorite but make no mistake about it...Manassas is very capable of giving them all they want and more...

Good luck to both teams...Represent West Tenn basketball well...

Since I moved to Tennessee two years ago, I have enjoyed both Class A football and basketball because they remind me of Georgia HS football in the 1970's. Great teams from all over the state and you never know who is going to win. Since I live in Chattanooga, I am a fan of the teams from the East region. As a relative newcomer, the one thing I notice about teams from the West is they seem to suffer from great talent and overconfidence (at least based on the reactions of their fans). Union City may be the best team, but as they found out last year, the gold ball goes to the last team standing, not necessarily the best overall team.

Since I moved to Tennessee two years ago, I have enjoyed both Class A football and basketball because they remind me of Georgia HS football in the 1970's. Great teams from all over the state and you never know who is going to win. Since I live in Chattanooga, I am a fan of the teams from the East region. As a relative newcomer, the one thing I notice about teams from the West is they seem to suffer from great talent and overconfidence (at least based on the reactions of their fans). Union City may be the best team, but as they found out last year, the gold ball goes to the last team standing, not necessarily the best overall team.

I'm not sure it's just a perception, it's actually the way it is.

A 3 of the last 6 titles not many A schools in the west

AA 4 straight all from district 12AA and 9 of the last 10, the only one was Giles County with UT star Tyler Smith

AAA last year was the first time in 8 years a team from Memphis didn't win AAA

18 of the last 24 state titles are teams from West Tennessee

In 2004 the final day of the state tournament all 6 teams were from the west.

The proof is there, the past 7-10 years the west has owned Division 1 basketball.