Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

Im going to go with the 34-0 Union City. If we can beat 5A teams in tournaments; we can win the 1A gold ball. Union City will play up the expectations. They will beat the team that is on the court competing with them; no matter who it is. Our boys are not scared of any team and will be ready. We have confidence; that is what most teams are missing.

Go Tornadoes! Bringin' it home.

Did you beat a 5A team from Arkansas or Missouri ? cause there are no 5A basketball teams in TN.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it's just a perception, it's actually the way it is.

A 3 of the last 6 titles not many A schools in the west

AA 4 straight all from district 12AA and 9 of the last 10, the only one was Giles County with UT star Tyler Smith

AAA last year was the first time in 8 years a team from Memphis didn't win AAA

18 of the last 24 state titles are teams from West Tennessee

In 2004 the final day of the state tournament all 6 teams were from the west.

The proof is there, the past 7-10 years the west has owned Division 1 basketball.

i know all this isnt credible because in 2004 Unaka won the state tourney and they are in the east! get your facts straight before you get on here bashing the east and middle Tn to death. ill agree with ya, west is on a different level compared to east in basketball. but east plays pretty good basketball itself with programs like Unaka, Temple, and Cosby just to name a few. the way it usually goes is East Tn is Football, Middle Tn Baseball, An West Tn basketball. I predict UC will win it all this year. after the way they went out last year i would say they are hungry for a gold ball.

i know all this isnt credible because in 2004 Unaka won the state tourney and they are in the east! get your facts straight before you get on here bashing the east and middle Tn to death. ill agree with ya, west is on a different level compared to east in basketball. but east plays pretty good basketball itself with programs like Unaka, Temple, and Cosby just to name a few. the way it usually goes is East Tn is Football, Middle Tn Baseball, An West Tn basketball. I predict UC will win it all this year. after the way they went out last year i would say they are hungry for a gold ball.

Sounds like a logical thinker. I would agree with your assessment of the state and how sports prevail. Many think that Memphis is the powerhouse with basketball, but they tend to beat up on each other in the district and region. Then the team to come out of Memphis is not always the best. I am sure Memphians would disagree, but it is generally the case.

Did you beat a 5A team from Arkansas or Missouri ? cause there are no 5A basketball teams in TN.

Yes, the following schools are who we played and the scores. Note.....these are all 5A & 6A schools with rich high school basketball backgrounds.

We won all three to take the championship trophy home. This tournament is played at Poplar Bluff Missouri and the school that puts it on is where Tyler Hansbrough is from. We played him a few years back.

Mills University Studies / Little Rock Ark 79 - 71

Raytown South High / St. Louis Missouri 92 - 90

Harrison Georgia 64 - 59.

Most ALL of these schools had very large teams that could run the floor VERY well. The Georgia team had 4 starters over 6 ' 6" and their point guard was 6'3". Coach says the best team we have played all year other than the team from St. Louis, Lake County and Humboldt.

Yes, the following schools are who we played and the scores. Note.....these are all 5A & 6A schools with rich high school basketball backgrounds.

We won all three to take the championship trophy home. This tournament is played at Poplar Bluff Missouri and the school that puts it on is where Tyler Hansbrough is from. We played him a few years back.

Mills University Studies / Little Rock Ark 79 - 71

Raytown South High / St. Louis Missouri 92 - 90

Harrison Georgia 64 - 59.

Most ALL of these schools had very large teams that could run the floor VERY well. The Georgia team had 4 starters over 6 ' 6" and their point guard was 6'3". Coach says the best team we have played all year other than the team from St. Louis, Lake County and Humboldt.

Looks like yall squeeked one out today. UC is apparently mere mortals afterall.