Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of hearing about UC and Mannassas all the time. Sure they are good everyone knows that or they wouldn't be in the tourney. All the teams are good. Don't underestimate anyone in the tourney. Moore Co. beat Culleoka 3 out of 4 times (2 times by double digits) and they had pretty much the same team as last year. Also they had DeMario Williams who is a 3-star prospect on rivals (MJ Brown is not even listed on rivals). And don't blame it on the refs not seeing the talent they see out west. The refs are the weakest excuse you can come up with. Quit disrespecting the hard work every team put in and counting out every other team. According to ya'll we should just have a best of 3 between UC and Mannassas but it don't work like that they better come to play or they won't be holding the gold ball at the end of it. Good luck to all teams.

I am sick of hearing about UC and Mannassas all the time. Sure they are good everyone knows that or they wouldn't be in the tourney. All the teams are good. Don't underestimate anyone in the tourney. Moore Co. beat Culleoka 3 out of 4 times (2 times by double digits) and they had pretty much the same team as last year. Also they had DeMario Williams who is a 3-star prospect on rivals (MJ Brown is not even listed on rivals). And don't blame it on the refs not seeing the talent they see out west. The refs are the weakest excuse you can come up with. Quit disrespecting the hard work every team put in and counting out every other team. According to ya'll we should just have a best of 3 between UC and Mannassas but it don't work like that they better come to play or they won't be holding the gold ball at the end of it. Good luck to all teams.

Ok...We'll see....But when Temple meet up with a team from the West, it's going to get real ugly real fast....

There are other teams in the tournament besides union city and manasass. Eaglevill has the size and talent to challenge any team in the state. They have recently beat the number 3 and 5 team in the state. they are a good team and could win it all

Uh no they don't. UC and Manasass..that's all I gotta say. Oh and by the way I've seen Eagleville play so don't try to throw that card out either!

Well said Green Acres.

It's the same way in football & baseball with alot of those West TN teams until they reach the Boro and get soundly defeated by teams from east of the TN River. Just look back at the past 10 years in any sport and see who is winning the 1A titles. The past two games I remember hearing about UC was when TC destroyed them in the 05 football title game and when Temple sent them packing in basketball. Or look back at South Pitt in football vs "Mighty McKenzie" and the absolute beat down they took this past December. Or look back at last years baseball when big bad Huntington rolled into the Boro and FCS came out of the losers bracket to destroy all comers and take the title in a run rule over west TN teams of Huntington and JCS.

Looks like West TN needs to do less talking and more producing.

How about 5 of 8 gold balls the last two years. HOWS THAT FOR PRODUCTION?

Ok...We'll see....But when Temple meet up with a team from the West, it's going to get real ugly real fast....

Who cares about Temple. They ain't the only team the teams from the west have to worrry about. If the teams from teh west think the way their fans do they are gonna be goin home empty handed. The way ya'll are talkin its like matchin up North Carolina against Tenn Tech. Or we could just flip a coin between UC and Mannasses and see who gets gold and who gets silver. Why should the other teams waste money.

Who cares about Temple. They ain't the only team the teams from the west have to worrry about. If the teams from teh west think the way their fans do they are gonna be goin home empty handed. The way ya'll are talkin its like matchin up North Carolina against Tenn Tech. Or we could just flip a coin between UC and Mannasses and see who gets gold and who gets silver. Why should the other teams waste money.

Now that was a very good point!

I for one have seen every team in the Elite 8 of Class A. And all teams deserve the chance to proceed but they arent the best teams in class A. And i will say that it will be tough for any one of the teams to beat UC but by no means am i saying that it wont happen....Moore County has a very fast in your face swarming defense as does Manassas...Temple is is not over rated...if any team i have seen is at a disadvantage of facing UC it would be Eagleville...they have size and they are well coached but their style of ball will not bose well against most teams except temple or grace...this all being said...i do see some upsets and hurt feelings coming soon...best of luck to you all...like i said you have all earned the right to be in the Big Dance...