Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

Yeah Temple..I don't know....Watching the teams play last year in the tournament I thought Culleoka and Humboldt had the best overall talent...But then CSAS beats Culleoka and Humboldt lost to Temple...If you remember Humboldt almost lost to Wartburg...I have watched games in Murfreesboro for years and seen teams with lesser talent beat teams that were more talented...To be honest I don't know why the Memphis teams don't just win every year...I'll agree with you that coaching has alot to do with it...

First off I attend the state tournament every year as a casual fan and not rooting for any team. One of the reason why the Memphis teams don't win every year has a lot to do with the refs and the way the game is called. You can argue that if you want, but i challenge you to come to a game in Memphis and compare it to a state tournament game. Apples and oranges fellas. The Memphis teams play the way they play all year with that end the face, man to man trapping pressure only to be called for foul after foul. Then they get frustrated and lose it. All of those teams that you all are talking bout will get killed coming to west ten and playing any team.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union city has had great season, but Manassas is on another level. The teams that they lost to where Triple A teams, including state particpant Ridgeway and private school runner up Christian Brothers. Buckner is a heck of a player. At 6'8-6'9, he can do it all and I mean do it all. They have maybe the best shooter in Memphis in Eric Atkins, and one of the best scorers that I've seen in Derrick Richards. Roy McFagdon and Shawn Kearney are good players too. If they were in Triple A, they might have still been in Mufreesboro.

I don't see Manassas handling UC's press...Manassas will hang around with UC and maybe even get a lead, but UC will score quickly and set up their press before Manassas even realizes it...UC will go on one of their many runs in a game and take the lead...the game is going to be a pretty much 5 on 4 game on one side of the court because whenever the middle of the 2nd quarter comes around Buckner is going to be lagging behind...he's a great athlete but needs to get in better shape...this is if they meet up obviously

I don't see Manassas handling UC's press...Manassas will hang around with UC and maybe even get a lead, but UC will score quickly and set up their press before Manassas even realizes it...UC will go on one of their many runs in a game and take the lead...the game is going to be a pretty much 5 on 4 game on one side of the court because whenever the middle of the 2nd quarter comes around Buckner is going to be lagging behind...he's a great athlete but needs to get in better shape...this is if they meet up obviously

your right UC might not make it to the finals. 1 more thing UC will have to handle the pressure D from Manassas also. everbody alway talking about the pressure D from UC Manassas is the best defensive team in the state.

Records and stats are not really a factor now. Next week begins a whole new season for these 8 teams. They have all worked hard to get here. A lot of people will get thier pride hurt, and seven teams will lose at least one game. However, I would like to say this. I've seen coon hounds with the best papers in the world, but papers won't tree a coon. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I have no doubt that Manassas will lead at some point in the game(if they play)....Humboldt had an 11 point lead on the Tornadoes,Lake County had a 9 point lead and Raytown South had a 13 point lead with a little over two minutes left in the game and Union City won all of them...The fourth quarter has been owned by Union City this year...The press eventually wears you down...Union City's depth allows them to play at high speed the entire game...Union City doesn't lose it's poise when they are behind,they don't get rattled like some other teams do....And you can't defend five spots on the perimeter..Union City will shoot the three with all of the 10 players in the main rotation....And they attack the boards like they were all 6'6" or 6'8"...And we have played against the tall,athletic teams like Manassas,their talent won't shock Union City....It will be a heckuva game and there will be around 3,000 UC fans there....

First off I attend the state tournament every year as a casual fan and not rooting for any team. One of the reason why the Memphis teams don't win every year has a lot to do with the refs and the way the game is called. You can argue that if you want, but i challenge you to come to a game in Memphis and compare it to a state tournament game. Apples and oranges fellas. The Memphis teams play the way they play all year with that end the face, man to man trapping pressure only to be called for foul after foul. Then they get frustrated and lose it. All of those teams that you all are talking bout will get killed coming to west ten and playing any team.

You are right on that point....The Memphis officials are used to seeing a high talent level and kids that do things others can't do with their athleticism...I see alot of refs anticipate calls too much when they have athletic teams on the floor...But you have to adjust to it...

I have no doubt that Manassas will lead at some point in the game(if they play)....Humboldt had an 11 point lead on the Tornadoes,Lake County had a 9 point lead and Raytown South had a 13 point lead with a little over two minutes left in the game and Union City won all of them...The fourth quarter has been owned by Union City this year...The press eventually wears you down...Union City's depth allows them to play at high speed the entire game...Union City doesn't lose it's poise when they are behind,they don't get rattled like some other teams do....And you can't defend five spots on the perimeter..Union City will shoot the three with all of the 10 players in the main rotation....And they attack the boards like they were all 6'6" or 6'8"...And we have played against the tall,athletic teams like Manassas,their talent won't shock Union City....It will be a heckuva game and there will be around 3,000 UC fans there....

There will be more than 3000 there I guarantee it. Choctaw nation will be there pulling hard for the Tornadoes and we all know what kind of numbers they bring!

There will be more than 3000 there I guarantee it. Choctaw nation will be there pulling hard for the Tornadoes and we all know what kind of numbers they bring!

We will be pulling for the Choctaws also...

I don't know if you were there or not but back in 2005 when Middleton and Bolivar played for state titles that arena was packed with Middleton and Bolivar fans...There was no way Peabody or Raleigh Egypt was going to win those games...And both sets of fans were pulling for each other even though they are big rivals...It was pretty awesome to see...

We will be pulling for the Choctaws also...

I don't know if you were there or not but back in 2005 when Middleton and Bolivar played for state titles that arena was packed with Middleton and Bolivar fans...There was no way Peabody or Raleigh Egypt was going to win those games...And both sets of fans were pulling for each other even though they are big rivals...It was pretty awesome to see...

We aren't big rivals though!!! and UC is close to DC (letters wise) so its easy transition during cheers!!! Good Luck to the Tornadoes! And Good Luck to the Choctaws!!! GO CHOCTAWS & TORNADOES!

your right UC might not make it to the finals. 1 more thing UC will have to handle the pressure D from Manassas also. everbody alway talking about the pressure D from UC Manassas is the best defensive team in the state.

i never said UC might not make it to the finals...if a team doesn't make it to the finals then my money is on manassas...manassas's pressure D will look so elementary whenever MJ breaks it and drains a 3...I promise you..playing at the boro is totally different from playing at any high school gym...you'll come to find that out whenever the 3's aren't falling for manassas...UC has been there so Sisco knows how to prepare for it...

A team from the west will definately win it all. It is way too much talent coming out of the west. They are fast and play above the rim. Most of the teams from Middle and East TN wouldn't even have a winning season in the west....

Well... You may very well be correct on all your assumptions, but it is easy to talk. We heard the same talk last year about how good the West was and none of the West teams made it beyond the semis. If you remember, last year there were two teams from the East playing in the finals. In fact, they were both from region three. Hmmm.... Could it be that this is just more of the same old talk that we have had to listen to for quite some time now? (Yawn).