AAA State Tournament

Midstate

Oak Ridge fans

I am pulling for Oak Ridge to go all the way. If Maryville can't win it I want the team that ended their season to win state. Don't underestimate your team. Oak Ridge can flat out play. I thought Maryville had a darn good team and OR beat them twice. A lot of people won't give Oak Ridge a chance. Those are the same people who thought Maryville couldn't get it done last year. Bring it back to East Tennessee.

Oak Ridge is the highest ranked team in this tournment in the Strenth + Success rankings at #2.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. A Dobyns Bennett fan here. I have just been trying to point out that at this point there are no clear cut favorites here. I was using White Station as just one example of why I don't think Antioch will dominate the Tourny as some people on here have suggested. Just a guess, but I think the winner will come from the upper bracket.

all i'm saying here is i want you to respect Antioch

all i'm saying here is i want you to respect Antioch

I've never said I didn't respect Antioch. I respect all teams in this tournment.

Everyone thought the OR girls would win the girls title due to paper stats.....but Wilson Central proved otherwise, didn't they?

These are not paper stats. I got them off CoachT.com. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Wanting respect and earning it are two totally different things. I do believe, though, that ALL teams being represented in the Elite 8 tourneys deserve everyone's respect, no matter if it is a rivalry team or not. Sometimes we get too caught up in not wanting a team to win because of the rivalry or maybe a team is not from their area. The fact is and will continue to be that these are high school players that could be getting into trouble if it were not for sports. I will give a WACO 100% correct guarantee that some of the players will make life-long friends with their arch rivals and some from far away. As fans of the game.....please enjoy this final week of high school basketball. Good luck to all ELITE 8 teams. I do hope that DB represents East TN well....GOD Bless!!!!!

Antioch vs White Station is a long way down the road. If Antioch beat siegel, they would have to beat either Ridgeway or Clarksville to move to that championship game. Ridgeway and White Station are playing at least 10-11 players a game. White Station has a really good coach as well. I don't think that he will be out coached by anybody this time around. In my opinion, the team that has the most depth will ultimately win this tournament. There is one crucial ingredient in all those West Tennessee teams. The players from the West aren't intimidated by flashy dunks because they are used to that type of action day in and day out in Memphis. The four star player is really good, however, he isn't the one you need to worry about. Joe Jackson is the key ingredient to White Station success. If you haven't seen him play, please get your popcorn ready because you are in for a special treat. White Station is loaded with talent from the first five to the next five. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This will be an exciting tournament because you will see those individuals that usually dunks on other people getting the same thing done back to them. The team that has the most stamina down the stretch will win no matter who is playing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Folks, White Station is suddenly an extremely DANGEROUS team. Forget about their mediocre record--it's very deceiving. They are a bona fide threat to Win the AAA Gold Ball!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Station's complete late-season resurgence is nothing short of asthonishing. Their improvement has caused my jaw to drop, leaving me completely stunned. Never in a million years would I have figured that White Station would have beaten Kirby, Central AND Raleigh Egypt--all in succession, en route to an unlikely berth in the State Tournament. The only Memphis team that WS could not get past, this post-season, was Ridgeway. Even then, they took RW down to the wire before losing in OT.

It used to be that if opponents stopped Joe Jackson, then they would go on to defeat White Station easily. Plus, WS often got killed on the boards. They simply were not a very good team, IMO... Well, somewhere during the District tournament (this was still BEFORE the addition of F. Hall) WS began getting better production from the other guys. They began rebounding better. The result is one of the more remarkable turnarounds that I've EVER seen in a High School team!

I give WS' Coach (Patino) major kudos for finally getting his players to recognize that Joe Jackson could not do it by himself--he needed his teamates to step up, in all phases of the game. I don't know how Coach Patino did it but--Boy, his players have stepped up in a big time way!

By the way, on paper, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how White Station managed to play Antioch within 1-point earlier this season. You see, the fact is this: White Station simply was NOT a very good team then, not by any stretch of the imagination! They were just an average Memphis team, at best.

Humm, now that I think about it--all this kinda' makes me wonder about Antioch....

Anyway, White Station is the ONE team that I would not want to face, in this "lose-one-and-you're-out" tournament. I know Ridgeway is probably breathing a big sigh of relief at not having to face WS a 4th time...at least, not until (possibly) the Championsip game.

No disrespect to the other AAA teams but, from what I've seen of Ridgeway and White Station (of course I'm biased, being a Memphian), I would not be surprised at all to see them meet for the AAA Gold Ball. On the other hand, both teams certaintly appear to have their hands full with their respective opponents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck Ridgeway and White Station.

I agree that Tyrone is a special player and is the main reason Clarksville made it to the state finals last year and the reason they are back. It takes a team to win games, but it takes a leader like Mr. Caldwell to make an average team good or a good team great. Unfortunately for Clarksville, they don't have the horses to stay with teams like Antioch -who by the way- has a very good PG as well. I don't know all the teams, but am familiar with 5 of the PGs and to tell you the truth, they can all play.

Joe Jackson, White Station - May just be the best of them all as only a Sophomore

Tyler Cutter, Siegel - Just as valuable to his team as Caldwell is to his. Supporting cast is young, but very talented and he makes them tick

Upton - Antioch has great talent, but without Kyle, they would not be my favorite to win.

Stephens -Oak Ridge - He and Dowdell make a lethal combination

Caldwell, Clarksville - Enough said. He is the real deal and we all know it.

Can someone fill me in on PGs for Ridgeway, DB abd Red Bank?

Well for Red Bank I would say the best all around guard play would be Tim Benford! He is just a competator. he stopped practice on Friday and said if guys were not practicing to win then go home cause he didn't want them there! I love it! I have talked to many people who say he is one of the top athletes to come through Red Bank some saying second to Gerald Riggs Jr. He was offered b-ball by University of Tennessee at Chattanooga(SoCon) and Tennessee Tech( ohio valley). UTC is a pretty decient b-ball school. Probably not the most talented player there because he plays football to but i would put my money on biggest heart and Competator!

I think if there is not a clear cut winner you have to go to mascots. I might be wrong but i would have to say Red Bank with LIONS(the king of the jungle) and Antioch with Bears will be inn the finals and in the end the lion is too fast for the bear although he is bigger and stronger. I could be wrong but im going with my instincts on this one!( just like Jim Carry in Dumb And Dumber) Its the Lions over the Bears in the Finals!